Amp/sub problem--need help--- - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2001, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Ghetto Vaquero

Post Amp/sub problem--need help---

Sorry so long Here goes...I recently purchased a sub/amp/box combo from someone on this board who had it in a jeep...well the amp is a kenwood something only 1 output...going to a polk audio 10" sub...when I wired it to a '97 Pontiac Bonneville...it is not bumping...all the wires are correct...I wired it the exact same way I have my setup in my stang with out a problem...I can think of two possibilities...1)the amp is not getting enough power or 2)the amp is not giving out enough power...I ran the input right off the rear speakers and even tried using a line converter but got the same results...In total it does bump a little but the factory radio alone hits harder...any ideas or suggestions...thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Ghetto Vaquero

Anybody?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001, 08:01 PM
Hired Hand

The best way to find out what might be the problem is to isolate the different parts of the system.

1. Try a different sub and enclosure on the same amp. Preferably run a speaker wire from your car to a friends sub (in his car) and see how your amp performs.

2. Try a different input on your amp. Run a rca from your friends car to the input of your amp, this will tell you if it is the signal.

3. Finally, try your sub in your friends car (on his amp) to see how it performs.

James

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001, 08:15 PM
Extreme Clean!

Dude!! Check this first. If you wired your amps high level inputs to your rear speakers for signal, make sure one side is not backwards. For that car (Bonn) rear wires are like this---

One side is-
Brown +
yellow -

Other side is
Dark blue +
light blue -

Just remember that in most all GM, Chevy, Pon, that in the front the light colors are +, and in the rear the dark colors are +.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement