aux adpater oem car stereo - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
English Master

aux adpater oem car stereo

I'm just hearing about these aux adapter that adapt to oem car stereo to be able to plug to mp3 player to listen to music instead of getting a fm transmitter. Was wondering if anyone has use anything like this. I'm tired of the crappy fm transmitters and don't want a aftermarket stereo for theives to steal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:26 PM
The token Asian guy

I put one in my Ford Escape. It feeds it into the SAT input so I just hit the SAT button on the factory stereo and hit play on my iPod. Works great. Google for "PIE".

I had the one that uses FM but I had to keep changing stations as you drive. That sucked.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Lifer

I have an older truck with just a factory cd/cassette deck and no aux(mp3) jack. So I recently bought a Monster tape deck adapter. It was cheaper than the FM transmitter. I wanted a way to listen to Pandora (on my phone) while I was in the truck. It took a little getting used to and it's not the best audio quality, but I haven't listened to the radio once since I put this thing in a month ago.

Now are you referring to something other than the FM transmitter and the tape adapter? I.E. something you hardwire? Subscribing....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:03 PM
The token Asian guy

I believe this is the one I got for my 2005 Escape. It has the factory stereo with the SAT button.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=820

The harness plugs into the back of the factory stereo, where the harness from the Ford satellite radio thing would normally go. Then I attached a cable with a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack on one end and a pair of RCA jacks on the other end. Everything is tucked behind the dash except for the cord with the headphone jack. I plug the headphone jack into my MP3 player, hit play, and hit SAT on the factory radio, set the volume and I'm good to go. Later, I added a female stereo headphone jack to the dash trim to make it look more professional.

Search their online store. It's a different box for different Fords.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement