Opinions on this home sound system set up? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Question Opinions on this home sound system set up?

I'm planning on buying a receiver and two floor speakers. I don't want a full on surround sound system right now as I'm trying to put this together on a budget. I have a 50" plasma, PS3, 360 and U-verse to hook up so that's all 3 HDMI inputs of the receiver linked below. I don't know much about these systems but how would this sound/work? TIA

Speakers
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tronics&sr=1-1

Receiver
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+4...=1218166513661
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Lifer

If you are just going to run two floor speakers in lieu of the full 5.1/7.1 set up, I recommended buying a receiver that allows you to bi-amp the front speaker for more power to utilize the power of those unused channels. And if you get a 5.1/7.1 w/sub speaker package down the road you can just set the mains back to the front L/R.

I've had experience with Yamaha, Sony, and Onkyo AVRs. I always recommend Onkyo, which has excellent quality in their entry level gear and their THX2 Select reference gear is up there with Marantz. Tip: Don't use speaker wire any smaller than 16 gauge. I use Monster XP. I use to be a Sony guy myself before I stumbled across Onkyo gear.

However, for an entry level HT set up, there is nothing wrong with the gear in your links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
If you are just going to run two floor speakers in lieu of the full 5.1/7.1 set up, I recommended buying a receiver that allows you to bi-amp the front speaker for more power to utilize the power of those unused channels. And if you get a 5.1/7.1 w/sub speaker package down the road you can just set the mains back to the front L/R.

I've had experience with Yamaha, Sony, and Onkyo AVRs. I always recommend Onkyo, which has excellent quality in their entry level gear and their THX2 Select reference gear is up there with Marantz. Tip: Don't use speaker wire any smaller than 16 gauge. I use Monster XP. I use to be a Sony guy myself before I stumbled across Onkyo gear.

However, for an entry level HT set up, there is nothing wrong with the gear in your links.
Thanks for the tips! I googled bi-amping and it seems to be a little more involved than what I'm looking to do I'm gonna go look around at Best Buy and see what I can put together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement