Purchasing this Samsung TV this week. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Purchasing this Samsung TV this week.

After a long process of about 6 months or so, i've found the TV i am purchasing..my friend works at bestbuy and im getting a discount, only minus side is i have to pay cash up front.

The picture quality on the 60 inch LED Sharp TV i was looking at really hard just didn't impress me for some reason. DLP would have looked strange in our living room.
I loved the 3D tvs, but i honestly didnt care for it. The current TV will go into the bedroom, now i just need a tv stand that holds a 60 inch.

Does anyone know any good stores that carry some for a decent price?

anyone own one of these or something similar?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=9904845

Quote:
Key Features

* Screen Size: 60 inches
* Full 1080p HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
* 120 Hz clear Motion Rate: Samsung 120 Hz technology allows you to see fast action with a smoothness thats clearly ahead of the competition.
* Touch of Color: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
* ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. User-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music
playlist and pictures via the remote.
* Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LED Energy Efficient, up to 50% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
* Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
* Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
* BD Wise: Automatically adjusts all your componets for the best picture and sound quality.
* AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using yoru remote.
* 15 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
* DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the “genuine” stereo sound.
* Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), backed by Samsung toll-free support.
* Swivel Stand

Connections

* 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
4 back
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
* Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
* USB: 2 back
* PC input: 1 back
* Component video input: 1 back
* Optical sound output: 1 back
* Ethernet: 1 back

Dimensions

* TV without stand: 55.5 x 33.1 x 1.2 inches (WxHxD); 68.3 pounds
* TV with stand: 55.6 x 35.8 x 13.2 inches (WxHxD); 83.6 pounds

Last edited by unkoricky; 09-28-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
How you doin'

i'm looking for a good deal on a samsung un55c8000 bundle currently...i've seen several deals on "slickdeals", but they're all old now...i figure that the deals will be pretty good closer to christmas, though. you should probably hold out until black friday or so, and i'm sure that you'll get a smoking deal on that tv. i'm guessing that the prices for non-3d televisions are going to be dropping like a rock in the coming weeks. (and 3d as well)

fyi, the deal that i found on the UN55C8000 was $2,438.00 for the tv, 3d bundle (2-glasses, 3d bluray movie), 1-6' hdmi cable, and a bdc5900 3d samsung blu-ray player. (no tax + free shipping)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
i'm looking for a good deal on a samsung un55c8000 bundle currently...i've seen several deals on "slickdeals", but they're all old now...i figure that the deals will be pretty good closer to christmas, though. you should probably hold out until black friday or so, and i'm sure that you'll get a smoking deal on that tv. i'm guessing that the prices for non-3d televisions are going to be dropping like a rock in the coming weeks. (and 3d as well)

fyi, the deal that i found on the UN55C8000 was $2,438.00 for the tv, 3d bundle (2-glasses, 3d bluray movie), 1-6' hdmi cable, and a bdc5900 3d samsung blu-ray player. (no tax + free shipping)
I've been thinking of holding out till Black Friday, but im not a type to wait at 4am. I know there will be plenty of deals on the internet too but im getting a nice deal right now and he wont be at best buy long.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Lifer

Several news outlets have said that prices should be dropping soon due to oversupply and the holiday season. I know you said you didn't want to wait, just though I would mention it though. Nice TV and good luck.

http://seerpress.com/prices-of-lcd-t...y-season/7994/

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/23/...significantly/

I want to say a bunch of guys on here use www.monoprice.com for tv mounts.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
Several news outlets have said that prices should be dropping soon due to oversupply and the holiday season. I know you said you didn't want to wait, just though I would mention it though. Nice TV and good luck.

http://seerpress.com/prices-of-lcd-t...y-season/7994/

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/23/...significantly/

I want to say a bunch of guys on here use www.monoprice.com for tv mounts.
but they are just saying LCD and not LED right?

and Monoprice is a great website also.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post

I want to say most of the ones I was looking at specifically mentioned LCD's so maybe it won't effect you as much.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06 View Post
I want to say most of the ones I was looking at specifically mentioned LCD's so maybe it won't effect you as much.
black friday was crappy last year to me, but im sure this year will have some really good shit with my luck since im getting this tv this week.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Lifer

good choice. samsung makes excellent lcd/led flat panels, especially the 2010 models. i just recently bought a panasonic viera plasma. very pleased, thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
I've been thinking of holding out till Black Friday, but im not a type to wait at 4am. I know there will be plenty of deals on the internet too but im getting a nice deal right now and he wont be at best buy long.
cyber monday is where it's at...no waiting in line, no tax and free shipping (usually).
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 PM
How you doin'

Quote:

the "led" tv is still lcd...they just use led lamps in lieu of fluorescent. i'm sure that lcd was an all encompassing term.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

How much do you guys think this tv will go for on black friday / cyber monday?

Retail price is $2,499

I'm getting it for $2,040 and delivered.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
How you doin'

Quote:

Retail price is $2,499

is that including tax? i did a quick search, and i see that it's been on sale several times for $2,099.00 delivered, so i'm sure that there will be much better deals as it gets closer to christmas. just think; that tv is "old technology" now...the newest ones are 240hz and 3d compatible, so they'll be blowing out the old non-3d/120hz televisions. as the newest technology goes on sale, the old ones will sit and the prices will drop substantially. that's just my opinion, based on seeing this stuff for several years. televisions are like computers now...a new technology creeps in and the old stuff gets slashed to make room for the new stuff. one thing is for sure, though...you won't spend any more money by waiting, so if you don't have to have the tv right now, just wait for a better deal.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
is that including tax? i did a quick search, and i see that it's been on sale several times for $2,099.00 delivered, so i'm sure that there will be much better deals as it gets closer to christmas. just think; that tv is "old technology" now...the newest ones are 240hz and 3d compatible, so they'll be blowing out the old non-3d/120hz televisions. as the newest technology goes on sale, the old ones will sit and the prices will drop substantially. that's just my opinion, based on seeing this stuff for several years. televisions are like computers now...a new technology creeps in and the old stuff gets slashed to make room for the new stuff. one thing is for sure, though...you won't spend any more money by waiting, so if you don't have to have the tv right now, just wait for a better deal.
Thats the total price with tax included.

Can you post some links?

I know what you mean, it kills me to see when the prices drop every year from the TV you recently purchased is now old news.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:

Can you post some links?

I know what you mean, it kills me to see when the prices drop every year from the TV you recently purchased is now old news.
http://www.google.com/products/catal...DgA#scoring=tp
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
How you doin'

Quote:

Can you post some links?

do a google search with the part number and "slickdeals"...or just do a search for the part number. you'll find all kinds of forum posts where people post deals.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
do a google search with the part number and "slickdeals"...or just do a search for the part number. you'll find all kinds of forum posts where people post deals.
i go to slickdeal all the time, yesterday someone posted the same tv im getting but was no where the price im getting it for.

Looks like im not saving much really after all if i order from one of those sites

Last edited by unkoricky; 09-29-2010 at 01:26 PM.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 05:56 AM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
i go to slickdeal all the time, yesterday someone posted the same tv im getting but was no where the price im getting it for.

Looks like im not saving much really after all if i order from one of those sites

I'd still buy it local if the overall price is the same, just to have it quicker and rule out any shipping issues.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

I have two panasonics, a 37in lcd in my bedroom and a 58in. plasma in my living room, both vieras. Needless to say the 58 is a bad mofo, I tuned it the best I could with my eyes, but this last sunday while watching the FOX NFL program I noticed it wasnt very clear, I thought someone had messed with my settings but it turned out to be the channel, the do not brodcast in HD and if they do it must be in 720 or 480. After screwing around with it for about 30 minutes it got a little better. I then switched over to NBC and they do broadcast in full HD and the picture was absoluty incredible. I thought I had tuned it in pretty good on ESPN when I got it, but now it is crystal clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
I have two panasonics, a 37in lcd in my bedroom and a 58in. plasma in my living room, both vieras. Needless to say the 58 is a bad mofo, I tuned it the best I could with my eyes, but this last sunday while watching the FOX NFL program I noticed it wasnt very clear, I thought someone had messed with my settings but it turned out to be the channel, the do not brodcast in HD and if they do it must be in 720 or 480. After screwing around with it for about 30 minutes it got a little better. I then switched over to NBC and they do broadcast in full HD and the picture was absoluty incredible. I thought I had tuned it in pretty good on ESPN when I got it, but now it is crystal clear.
Henry, do you have a lot of windows in your living room that cause it to be brighter than most?

I'm about to upgrade in the living room to a 58" plasma over the LCD that's in there now and have a little concern about glare/brightness. No direct sunlight, but a I have a wall of tall windows that are usually open.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLX View Post
Henry, do you have a lot of windows in your living room that cause it to be brighter than most?

I'm about to upgrade in the living room to a 58" plasma over the LCD that's in there now and have a little concern about glare/brightness. No direct sunlight, but a I have a wall of tall windows that are usually open.
Actually Adam Im glad you brought this up, during my search for the perfect TV (it took me three years, lol!) the thing I heard the most from all of the TV salesman was LCD for bright well lit rooms and plasmas for darker media type rooms. This was because the plasmas use glass and lcds use a matte screen. The LCD by mfg process are brighter (new LED'a are even more bright) than the plasmas. My argument (because in my eyes the plasma was better for sports and fast action movies) was that since the inception of TVs they have always had glass screens, so if we have been living like this for over 50 yrs. it could be something you get used to with our natural depth perception in our eyes.
So I chose the plasma, now IIRC your house mirrors mine with all the big windows so I permitted the wife to go out and buy new window drapes that have the white backing and colored fronts for color. Now when it gets too bright in there I just close the shades. Of course I only do this when the sun its at its peak in my room during the hours of 4:00 to 8:30pm, other than that it works great.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
I thought Fox was always broadcasted in 720p?
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Actually Adam Im glad you brought this up, during my search for the perfect TV (it took me three years, lol!) the thing I heard the most from all of the TV salesman was LCD for bright well lit rooms and plasmas for darker media type rooms. This was because the plasmas use glass and lcds use a matte screen. The LCD by mfg process are brighter (new LED'a are even more bright) than the plasmas. My argument (because in my eyes the plasma was better for sports and fast action movies) was that since the inception of TVs they have always had glass screens, so if we have been living like this for over 50 yrs. it could be something you get used to with our natural depth perception in our eyes.
So I chose the plasma, now IIRC your house mirrors mine with all the big windows so I permitted the wife to go out and buy new window drapes that have the white backing and colored fronts for color. Now when it gets too bright in there I just close the shades. Of course I only do this when the sun its at its peak in my room during the hours of 4:00 to 8:30pm, other than that it works great.
Perfect, thanks Henry!

Sports and fast action just don't work for me on the LCD so I'm going plasma. We have the same setup with the window situation and I've given her free reign to redecorate the windows to get a little better light control. No direct sunlight, but a wall of windows and patio will still reflect quite a bit.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLX View Post

My Panasonic Viera Plasma has an anti-glare filter. Some of the cheaper models do not. And it definitely helps with daytime window glare. I would not buy a Plasma without this feature. Otherwise, it'd be a night time only TV and that's a waste of money. I've see some cheaper Plasma demo models without anti-glare filter and they were almost unwatchable in a brightly lit environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 12:33 PM
I make this look good!

William Wallace snagged a 60" Samsung plasma for $1800 from Fry's not too long ago.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
- Will Rogers
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

So you loved the 3-D TV's, but you honestly didn't care for it? You mean once you saw it or what? Your statement didn't make any sense. Is the picture quality worse on the 3-D TV's? I've personally never seen one.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 AM
still here

Quote:

Retail price is $2,499

been in retail for quite awhile and can say that black friday price is usually never below employee price.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 12:04 AM
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo rojo View Post
William Wallace snagged a 60" Samsung plasma for $1800 from Fry's not too long ago.
Yes, PLASMA. plasma is going the way of DLP.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
So you loved the 3-D TV's, but you honestly didn't care for it? You mean once you saw it or what? Your statement didn't make any sense. Is the picture quality worse on the 3-D TV's? I've personally never seen one.
I dont care for 3d. The picture was great, but really? You think i wanna wear glasses all the time.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
I dont care for 3d. The picture was great, but really? You think i wanna wear glasses all the time.
fwiw, you would only wear the glasses when watching 3d programming...which there isn't that much of right now. otherwise, you would be watching it like a normal tv.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
fwiw, you would only wear the glasses when watching 3d programming...which there isn't that much of right now. otherwise, you would be watching it like a normal tv.
Yeah i know, its pretty amazing though, but still even if its just a movie, i dont wanna wear those things.
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:26 PM
still here

BTW, I noticed that 60" Sharp led tv is $1999 In next weeks ad and price your bud could get it for is $1874.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement