Hooking amps up to stock head unit? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Pitchin and flippin
 
slow55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Right here.
Posts: 5,552
Hooking amps up to stock head unit?

I'm wanting to put my system in my 2010 ford, basicly 2 amps and a sub but I don't want to change out the stock radio. Will all this stuff hook up or am I going to need something like a JL clean sweep?
slow55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
DFWS
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 6,990
http://www.crutchfield.com/



2010 ford what?

Keepin' The Old School Alive
scootro is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Pitchin and flippin
 
slow55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Right here.
Posts: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
Sorry, f150. Has the sync shit too.
slow55 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
DFWS
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 6,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow55 View Post
Sorry, f150. Has the sync shit too.
email/call them if you plan on buying from them or not an get a quick answer on the install an go from there! haha thats what i do and it does give you a plan on how to do it. they are more expensive but you do get installation instructions and whatever gizmo's to make it work.

Keepin' The Old School Alive
scootro is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CFBizzle
Posts: 785
super easy go to radio shack and get a line converter or something like that. changes the signal to the rear speakers from speaker wire to rca so all you have to do is tap the wires. and run a power,ground and remote and your done.

heirs one from crutchfield:http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...line+converter


Discount tire Reppin TXD 17
my fear is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
DFWS
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 6,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fear View Post
super easy go to radio shack and get a line converter or something like that. changes the signal to the rear speakers from speaker wire to rca so all you have to do is tap the wires. and run a power,ground and remote and your done.

heirs one from crutchfield:http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...line+converter
the pre wired ones sound better from cructfield and you don't have to tap/splice the wires!

Keepin' The Old School Alive
scootro is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,226
Whatever.
I would use an active line output converter like an Audio Control LC6 or Cashe 2 channel or 6 channel LOC. Passive converters are cheaper but the fidelity is worse especially on the bass and the higher you turn the volume on the deck, the worse the bass gets. Active LOC's also ahev line drivers to increase the signal into the amp. You could also incorporate a JL Audio CL-RLC if you wanted to have a remote bass volume.
Some amps, like JL Audio, allow you to connect speaker wire to an rca end and plug it directly into the amp with no LOC needed.
EW is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Pitchin and flippin
 
slow55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Right here.
Posts: 5,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW View Post
Whatever.
I would use an active line output converter like an Audio Control LC6 or Cashe 2 channel or 6 channel LOC. Passive converters are cheaper but the fidelity is worse especially on the bass and the higher you turn the volume on the deck, the worse the bass gets. Active LOC's also ahev line drivers to increase the signal into the amp. You could also incorporate a JL Audio CL-RLC if you wanted to have a remote bass volume.
Some amps, like JL Audio, allow you to connect speaker wire to an rca end and plug it directly into the amp with no LOC needed.
Which one of those two do think is best?
I'm using jl amps 300/4 and 500/1
slow55 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,226
Audio control but I would attach RCAs to the speaker wire first and add a JL CL-RLC knob. If you have noise issues, I would add a processor. The JL amps do not need a line output converter.
I would run RCA's from the deck to the amp so they are in the dash if you decide to change decks later and I would attach RCA ends to the speaker wire outputs of the deck.
EW is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW View Post
Audio control but I would attach RCAs to the speaker wire first and add a JL CL-RLC knob. If you have noise issues, I would add a processor. The JL amps do not need a line output converter.
I would run RCA's from the deck to the amp so they are in the dash if you decide to change decks later and I would attach RCA ends to the speaker wire outputs of the deck.
This man knows what he's talking about!




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome