Digital camcorder - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Digital camcorder

I'm looking to get a digital camcorder. Does anybody know if the HD handheld camcorders are worth the big price difference compared to the standard def versions? I do have a HDTV. Does anybody recommend a certain brand and model? It will need to have a stabile shot mode at least and maybe a light or night vision.

I'm also not looking for one of those cheesy Youtube type cameras but a quality camera.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxerbrett View Post
I'm looking to get a digital camcorder. Does anybody know if the HD handheld camcorders are worth the big price difference compared to the standard def versions? I do have a HDTV. Does anybody recommend a certain brand and model? It will need to have a stabile shot mode at least and maybe a light or night vision.

I'm also not looking for one of those cheesy Youtube type cameras but a quality camera.
I was looking at some HD camcorders and honestly after looking at the end result and going to just get a big DLSR (canon 7d) that does 1080p video. The video from that camera is ungodly compared to what I've seen from HD camcorders. I know this wouldn't be for everyone because you don't get night vision for those special moments with your lady, but it's a bad ass camera and a great HD video recorder that's easy to use and has a ton of lens/filter options.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

that's out of my price range. I'm looking around 350 to 500.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement