Is anyone a professional video calibrator? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Is anyone a professional video calibrator?

In the next few weeks I would like to get my projector calibrated. I have looked at getting into it myself but it's not something you can really dabble in without spending a grand or two on equipment.

Anyone here ISF of THX certified and looking to make some side money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Professional Driver

Is there really a problem with the picture?

The reason I ask is because I have been to several homes where somebody has had their TV "professionally calibrated". And then I am there the next day for a "poor picture quality" service call.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Lifer

Save yourself the money. Go and purchase a DVD called AVIA. It's a A/V calibration disc used by most audiophiles. It works good. Hell, you can even use the THX Optimizer on any Star Wars DVD and it will get you in the ball park for both audio and video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Iamwaxman!

I'm definitely not anywhere close to certified, but would be more than willing to give you a hand if you like. Just let me know.

Nick
214-205-1287
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:57 AM

If you change your settings, make sure you write down what they are now in case you don't like the new ones.

I have seen projectors calibrated and wind up looking substantially worse than the factory settings I.M.O.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Professional Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandkid View Post
If you change your settings, make sure you write down what they are now in case you don't like the new ones.

I have seen projectors calibrated and wind up looking substantially worse than the factory settings I.M.O.
That was my point. It has become part of my narrative when taking a problem description for anything related to a dark picture/poor picture quality.

Years ago, I used to do delivery/setup of TVs, I used to get asked to set the color by the customer. I would tell people that I can set it up to how I like it but they may not like it that way. Everyone's eyes are different, not to mention their preferences. Best thing I could do was give them instruction on how to adjust it themselves.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Gunga galunga

Have you checked AVSforums for your model projector... I have had good luck using the video settings that the community comes up with there, at least it is usually a better starting point than factory.

^ditto on writing the stock settings down, especially is you are going into the service menu to make changes.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford View Post
Have you checked AVSforums for your model projector... I have had good luck using the video settings that the community comes up with there, at least it is usually a better starting point than factory.

^ditto on writing the stock settings down, especially is you are going into the service menu to make changes.
Yea, and you know what most of those guys recommend. The same thing I did in my previous post. AVIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement