FIOS TV users, Media Manager ? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Custom Title

FIOS TV users, Media Manager ?

So I finanly download and install Media Manager on my PC, I can see pictures and music lists on the TV set, but no sound on music. Is it because the speakers on the TV are off (HDMI cable goes from FIOS box to a receiver, then another HDMI cable goes to the TV)?

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Thumbs down

That blows, you gotta have a DVR.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Custom Title

Fucken FIOS!!! What a POS!

Q: When I try to play music, a slideshow with music, or watch a video with Verizon Media Manager I am having problems with sound on my TV. What can I do?
A: We have known audio issues for certain combinations of TV model and cable but are working to resolve them.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Lifer

Just call tech support and troubleshoot. If you get lucky, you'll get someone competent.

I didn't have any problems with FIOS media manager while I still had FIOS TV. I had lots of problem with the DVR itself, but media manager worked fine. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Just call tech support and troubleshoot. If you get lucky, you'll get someone competent.

I didn't have any problems with FIOS media manager while I still had FIOS TV. I had lots of problem with the DVR itself, but media manager worked fine. Go figure.
Such as? I've heard a lot of people complain about the DVR, but I've never had a problem with it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Such as? I've heard a lot of people complain about the DVR, but I've never had a problem with it.
DirecTv has a way better DVR IMO. This stupid thing keeps more shows than I have the setting at (5 is the setting, it keeps 8), you have it set to record to the end of the show, and you miss the last 15 secods or so.

Also, the Info on each program sucks donkey balls. On old shows, it does not say what year it was originally broadcast in, and does have near as much info as DirecTv did (like if the show has Violence, Adult Language, etc.)

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
1. My FIOS DVR would occasionally auto delete my recorded content.
2 . Twice they pushed through a firmware update (without announcement) and it deleted all of my DVR recorded content. And their tech support was not sympathetic, nor did they provide me with a real explanation.
3 . FIOS DVR recording capacity is laughable compared to my DISH DVR.

My DISH DVR has a 350 hour recording capacity and I have not had a single program deleted or glitch as a result of any other their many software upgrades over the past 2 years. I think my FIOS DVR was an 80 hour capacity unit.

FIOS DVR is a joke when you compare it to satellite DVR i.e. DISH & DIRECT TV DVR

I can also stream the recorded content of my DISH DVR to my laptop from anywhere with slingbox.

The reason I switched to DISH from FIOS TV was due to their DVR (and the replacement they sent me) being problematic and poor customer service. I have none of these issues with DISH.

I did retain my FIOS Internet only because it works and is reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Lifer

Uverse all the way
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownGT View Post
Uverse all the way
I wish I could get that here. The fuckers at Verizon lied when I asked if I could record and watch more than 2 shows at once. Not true, you can record 2 shows and watch a recorded show, same as DirecTv had. Only benefit over DirecTv is the capability to watch a show on another TV.

Mustangman_2000 is right, the capacity is a fricken joke, I can hardly keep any shows without running out of room. I had to switch some over to regular instead of HD broadcasts to help save room.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement