Questions about Vizio 1080p? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Questions about Vizio 1080p?

Let me start this post by saying I know NOTHING about tv's. Now that thats been established, my mother is buying me a LCD TV for a christmas/house warming gift. She was shopping, found one, but wasn't sure if it was a good deal or a good product. So, I got a printed sheet of paper with a picture of a TV, to be replaced by a real one. Here is the one she was looking at...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

It has the 42" 1080p TV, DVD player, and some sort of speakers, all for around $700.

My questions, Is this a decent quality TV? Is there anything else out there in this price range that would be a better deal? I know there is a huge difference from regular to HD, but what about 60Hz to 120 Hz? I need the DFWS gurus to guide me! Thanks everyone, Merry Christmas!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Sonic Blue :O

Vizio = LG internals as far as i remember

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0x3.48 View Post
Let me start this post by saying I know NOTHING about tv's. Now that thats been established, my mother is buying me a LCD TV for a christmas/house warming gift. She was shopping, found one, but wasn't sure if it was a good deal or a good product. So, I got a printed sheet of paper with a picture of a TV, to be replaced by a real one. Here is the one she was looking at...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

It has the 42" 1080p TV, DVD player, and some sort of speakers, all for around $700.

My questions, Is this a decent quality TV? Is there anything else out there in this price range that would be a better deal? I know there is a huge difference from regular to HD, but what about 60Hz to 120 Hz? I need the DFWS gurus to guide me! Thanks everyone, Merry Christmas!
We have a couple of vizio's at my work in the waiting room, and they actually look really good. Not sure if they're 720 or 1080p TV's. We have them for almost a year and they're on about 70 hours a week. Haven't had a problem with them yet.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 04:45 PM
KAZ
Time Served

One of the downside's to LCD tv's is the "motion trails". I'm sure there's more technology involved, but the higher the hz the less it is noticeable. You spend enough money and you won't be able to notice it at all.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 PM

My vizio lasted exactly 89 days and died. It would power up, but I would only get a black screen. Common problem apparently. I would not consider buying one again based on my experience and the number of complaints I found on line.

Whatever you get, get the 120hz. The difference is easily noticeable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement