FIOS TV users, ? for ya - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Custom Title

FIOS TV users, ? for ya

I have 3 HD sets in the house. Today Lyn was watching one TV in the front of the house, and I had the same channel on in the back. My program was about 8 seconds behind hers. WTF??? Is it because my receiver is a DVR and hers is not? I wouldn't think that should cause an 8 second delay, and it was not recording anything while this occurs. Powered off/on, same delay.

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 02:04 PM
dead

The front of the house is further east which is about 8 seconds in the future. Quit living in the past man!

JK, i'd guess the dvr uses a buffer since it copies to HD first for replays and bs
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Formerly 5.0Vert

<--- use to sell fios.

If I remember correctly it is because of the dvr, kinda stupid but don't worry cause they're working on their own boxes. Just give it a couple years lol.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Lifer

My stuff would do the same thing when I had FIOS. It's an equipment or technology issue regarding how the FIOS DVR buffers the channel. It's a minor issue over all, but some people do find it annoying when playing multiple TVs on the same channel.

However, I noticed after switching to DISH this did not happen. Therefore, it clearly is an equipment issue or it is simply by design on the part of FIOS. I think the latter is more likely and it would not be something they would consider to be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Time Served

I have two HD DVRs on FIOS. They are always a few seconds off from one another. Sometimes you can change the channel and change it back and it will be closer/further away so it's not even consistent. Doesn't bother me much because we rarely are watching the same channel and if we are its not usually loud enough to hear from the other room.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Resident Epicurean

I now have two HD/DVR sets in the house, and they are sync'd just fine. That said, there is a delay on the HD/DVR boxes, when compared to the standard box (no hd, no dvr).
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang View Post
I have 3 HD sets in the house. Today Lyn was watching one TV in the front of the house, and I had the same channel on in the back. My program was about 8 seconds behind hers. WTF??? Is it because my receiver is a DVR and hers is not? I wouldn't think that should cause an 8 second delay, and it was not recording anything while this occurs. Powered off/on, same delay.
yep, the dvr receivers have a delay, but i was thinking that it was only about 3-seconds. i'll have to check mine when i get home. my upstairs receiver (gameroom) is just a regular hd receiver, but my downstairs is a dvr, so when both tvs are on the same station it's a little annoying.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
My stuff would do the same thing when I had FIOS. It's an equipment or technology issue regarding how the FIOS DVR buffers the channel. It's a minor issue over all, but some people do find it annoying when playing multiple TVs on the same channel.

However, I noticed after switching to DISH this did not happen. Therefore, it clearly is an equipment issue or it is simply by design on the part of FIOS. I think the latter is more likely and it would not be something they would consider to be a problem.
when i had my "tivo" receiver through directv, it did the same thing. i figured that it just had something to do with the dvr type receivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement