Dish Network - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Dish Network

Does any one else have signal issues where they live. I live around a lot of trees, and they were unable when the originally installed it here 2 years ago to mount it on the house. The man that lived here before us, had a pole in front of the yard, so they could mount his direct tv dish on it. He had no problems. Direct tv points to the east and dish is too the west. Ive had to keep my neighbors hedge trimmed back, so we can keep signal. It went completely out 2 weeks ago. We had a tech come out and he decided to move it 5 feet over onto a telephone pole. Problem solved, well so we thought. 1 week later, the exact same thing again. So on saturday of this last week we had a service manager come out. He checked everything. And said the dish was loose ok, so he supposedly shot it with screws and bolts. He said a hurricane is the only thing that is going to cause it to move. Its worked great until this morning and yes once again no signal. Now Ive had to upgrade to HD. The arc is in the east on this signal. I am really hoping this solves my problems, because this no TV BS is getting old. Im now locked in for another 2 years, because FIOS and UVerse is not available.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Lifer

I'm going to para-phrase my reply from one of your previous threads regarding this same issue.

>

You simply have a weak signal. That could be do to a misaligned dish, cabling, bad LNB feed horn, or even bad barrel connectors.

I've seen satellite people complain about this, but it is simply and installation issue.

I've had Dish for quite a while now and my up time would be about 98% year round. It works rain, snow, or shine. If it didn't, I would have booted it a long time ago. I just don't want to go back to FIOS weak low capacity and problematic DVR. I like my 350 hour Dish DVR that doesn't delete my programs when they do firmware updates, like FIOS.

Just call tech support and tell them to roll a truck to your house or you will cancel service.

Here, do this to get a comparative idea on your signal strength:

1. Menu > System Setup > Installation > Point Dish > My signal strength on EchoStar 110 and 129 is 64. And that's in our current weather (overcast).

2. Menu > System Setup > Installation > System Info > 119 110 129 should show green on the signal bar. Check your software version. It should be L622, which is the latest version.

If you don't see something comparable to ^this then you know why you're having issues. Take that information and relay your findings to tech support.

Again, my DISH service is up rain or shine with few exceptions (very severe thunderstorms with hail). And this is because the installer took his time and was competent. There are also no obstructions in or around my DISH. An experienced installer would not install the DISH with an apparent obstruction. I have a neighbor that has huge trees around the perimeter of his house. The DISH tech literally installed it almost at the apex of the roof line to get a clear line of site. Your problem is that you can't seem to find anyone that knows what they are doing.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Mexican Crew

She just a girl, that says I am the one....
But the kid is not my son!

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
I'm going to para-phrase my reply from one of your previous threads regarding this same issue.

>

You simply have a weak signal. That could be do to a misaligned dish, cabling, bad LNB feed horn, or even bad barrel connectors.

I've seen satellite people complain about this, but it is simply and installation issue.

I've had Dish for quite a while now and my up time would be about 98% year round. It works rain, snow, or shine. If it didn't, I would have booted it a long time ago. I just don't want to go back to FIOS weak low capacity and problematic DVR. I like my 350 hour Dish DVR that doesn't delete my programs when they do firmware updates, like FIOS.

Just call tech support and tell them to roll a truck to your house or you will cancel service.

Here, do this to get a comparative idea on your signal strength:

1. Menu > System Setup > Installation > Point Dish > My signal strength on EchoStar 110 and 129 is 64. And that's in our current weather (overcast).

2. Menu > System Setup > Installation > System Info > 119 110 129 should show green on the signal bar. Check your software version. It should be L622, which is the latest version.

If you don't see something comparable to ^this then you know why you're having issues. Take that information and relay your findings to tech support.

Again, my DISH service is up rain or shine with few exceptions (very severe thunderstorms with hail). And this is because the installer took his time and was competent. There are also no obstructions in or around my DISH. An experienced installer would not install the DISH with an apparent obstruction. I have a neighbor that has huge trees around the perimeter of his house. The DISH tech literally installed it almost at the apex of the roof line to get a clear line of site. Your problem is that you can't seem to find anyone that knows what they are doing.

Good luck.

Thanks, I have already went through all that, yesterday. I even unplugged the satellite in wire and and restarted it. Nothing. I have a 18-30 on the boxes you are talking about. My house and yard is nothing but trees. Thats why they moved it too the telephone pole. But it didnt solve my problems. Im hoping since there are not trees going in the eastern direction that it will be fine. We have had some real winners come out here. The first people that installed my dish had to crawl under my house, which sits 4 feet off the ground its real easy to crawl under it. The broke 2 pipes under my house. And every "tech" that comes out either replaces the dish itself or adjusts it. Its just been a real headache.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 06:37 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Dish sucks, they'll shaft you any chance they get. Call DTV, you'll b much happier
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Lifer

Well, if your signal strength is 18 - 30 then your problem is very apparent. That is an incredibly poor signal. Like I said, mine is showing 64-65. It probably goes out 2 - 3 times over the course of a year for less than 20 minutes each time.

You obviously have a difficult situation with not having a good line of site. I have the DISH 1000 satellite with triple LNB horns. Never had a single problem with it. You should note what model you have. It should be the same.

I guess I got lucky. A lot of people complain about DISH and it's the best TV provider I've ever had. Better than Comcast and FIOS by a mile. I dumped FIOS TV for DISH. Verizon has horrible customer service. Their DVR's suck and had problems with my recorded programs getting auto deleted during patch updates. And they have anemic storage capacity compared to DISH. My DISH DVR is a 350 hour capacity box. I think my FIOS was 80 hr.

Quote:
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Well, if your signal strength is 18 - 30 then your problem is very apparent. That is an incredibly poor signal. Like I said, mine is showing 64-65. It probably goes out 2 - 3 times over the course of a year for less than 20 minutes each time.

You obviously have a difficult situation with not having a good line of site. I have the DISH 1000 satellite with triple LNB horns. Never had a single problem with it. You should note what model you have. It should be the same.

I guess I got lucky. A lot of people complain about DISH and it's the best TV provider I've ever had. Better than Comcast and FIOS by a mile. I dumped FIOS TV for DISH. Verizon has horrible customer service. Their DVR's suck and had problems with my recorded programs getting auto deleted during patch updates. And they have anemic storage capacity compared to DISH. My DISH DVR is a 350 hour capacity box. I think my FIOS was 80 hr.
Mine is just a gay single. I am supposed to be getting a triple this time.. Ive heard a lot of good about dish, and honestly they are great to us. The prices are perfect. And picture is good for the most part. Its just been here lately that it has been really acting up.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 05:50 AM
Lifer

If you get the new satellite and the tech aligns it using a meter, that should be the end of your problems. Good luck.

Quote:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
If you get the new satellite and the tech aligns it using a meter, that should be the end of your problems. Good luck.
thanks, they did the first time, and we went almost a year without problems.

1967 Camaro SS/RS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement