Anyone have a Mitsubishi DLP TV? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Anyone have a Mitsubishi DLP TV?

I'm a die hard Samsung fan but have been considering buying a Mitsubishi DLP for my new casa. My last TV was a 63" Samsung DLP which is no longer made or I would go with another one just like it. What is your opinion of the Mitsubishi products? Any good/bad stories to tell?

BTW for anyone who may have read my post some time back about the projector setup....

My original plans were to have a projector and drop down screen but due to the available space not quite being what i was planning, I've decided to save some money and just go with a television.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Resident Epicurean

I've got a 65" Diamond Series DLP, and love it.

Al P and Jluv both have the regular series 73" DLP, and love their as well. I know Jared had some issues with noise, but I can't remember if the one with noise issues was a 65" or 73". I just recall he took it back and either exchanged or upgraded. I believe he bought his at Best Buy. I got mine at Fry's on closeout. Not sure where Al bought his.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I've got a 65" Diamond Series DLP, and love it.

Al P and Jluv both have the regular series 73" DLP, and love their as well. I know Jared had some issues with noise, but I can't remember if the one with noise issues was a 65" or 73". I just recall he took it back and either exchanged or upgraded. I believe he bought his at Best Buy. I got mine at Fry's on closeout. Not sure where Al bought his.
All of you guys have Mitsubishi's? If so, that is pretty convincing to go with one of them instead of Samsung and save some money at the same time. lol

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH78 View Post
All of you guys have Mitsubishi's? If so, that is pretty convincing to go with one of them instead of Samsung and save some money at the same time. lol
I was/am a HUGE Samsung supporter, but I just have heard a lot of bad about their DLP tvs. My experience with Samsung has been limited to LCD, and Plasma. If I'm ever in the market again for LCD or Plasma, it's Samsung all the way. I prefer their picture to anyone else's, with similar specs.

That said, I've been so pleased with my Mitsu, the only DLP I'll likely ever buy will be Mitsu. Mitsu has always excelled with the larger screen sizes, and projection type tvs. Just something to keep in mind.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
I was/am a HUGE Samsung supporter, but I just have heard a lot of bad about their DLP tvs. My experience with Samsung has been limited to LCD, and Plasma. If I'm ever in the market again for LCD or Plasma, it's Samsung all the way. I prefer their picture to anyone else's, with similar specs.

That said, I've been so pleased with my Mitsu, the only DLP I'll likely ever buy will be Mitsu. Mitsu has always excelled with the larger screen sizes, and projection type tvs. Just something to keep in mind.
Awesome news man.... I guess now I have to decide whether to go with the 65" or 73" DLP. lol... Thanks for all the good information.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Awesome news man.... I guess now I have to decide whether to go with the 65" or 73" DLP. lol... Thanks for all the good information.
Back before I bought, Jared told me "you'll never regret getting a tv too large, but there's always the chance you'll regret buying one too small". Any doubts, go with the 73". I was looking at both, and really wanted the 73". After looking around at deals, I came across a Fry's that had the 73" next to the 65" Diamond. The picture quality on the Diamond was noticeable enough, that I bought it instead. It helped that it was also $400 less (previous year's model) than the standard 73". I don't regret the decision I made based on picture quality, but in terms of size, I wish it was 73". That's quite a bit more viewing area.

If you can afford it, and if they make the Diamond in the 73", that's the route I'd go. Check amazon (they were the cheapest I found online), and check Fry's if you have one near you.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Lifer

<----65" Diamond Series DLP Great tv, love it
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Lifer

I have one and love it
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Gunga galunga

I heart my samsung LED DLP... The only thing I regret was getting the 61" and not the 67" haha. There are still some tradeoffs with rear projection, but the size/$$ ratio is really nice.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Lifer

We've got one 57" and one 65" Mitsubishi DLP TV and we love them to death!
I think we paid around $1,100 - $1,500 for each one.
Good luck with your search, but I doubt you will be disappointed.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Turbobrooks

Location: You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons
Mitsu sells an 82" or so machine these days. I want one!

Allen Werl Performance Racecraft Motorsports Inc.

Made possible by:
http://www.jamesbschassisservices.com
http://www.brooksracecraft.com
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I'm a die hard Samsung fan but have been considering buying a Mitsubishi DLP for my new casa. My last TV was a 63" Samsung DLP which is no longer made or I would go with another one just like it. What is your opinion of the Mitsubishi products? Any good/bad stories to tell?

BTW for anyone who may have read my post some time back about the projector setup....

My original plans were to have a projector and drop down screen but due to the available space not quite being what i was planning, I've decided to save some money and just go with a television.
You wouldn't happen to be selling that Samsung?
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Time Served

If you are spending money already might as well get a 240 Hz LED TV. It has the best picture available. It's almost scary to watch.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
needaho

my roommate just installed an "82 mitsu in a client's theater room, awesome. $4500 he said it is one of the best pics he has seen.

88 gt (waiting to be built when I get my mid-life crisis)
2002 honda civic SI looks ricer without the damn pipe!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng86 View Post
You wouldn't happen to be selling that Samsung?
My dumb ass already sold it a few months ago. I was so dead set on going with a projector setup, I was just sure that's what I would have so I sold the Samsung. It was a damn good TV though.

I've decided to go with the Mitsu. 65" Magnolia series. I did a little research on this one compared to the Diamond series and I think I can live with the little difference between the two considering the price difference. There is a model below the Magnolia but I'm not sure I would be satisfied with it as there is a little debate on how well it produces black and other dark colors.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Have you seen one of those in person? When I was shopping for my Samsung, they had one at the Best Buy in Little Rock and it completely dwarfed every other TV there. I would love to go with at least the 73" but I will probably be building a house in the next couple years and I would like to have one reasonably sized that would work in a normal sized living/family room. The 63" I had was damn near too big for the living room at my old house.... especially when playing Wii bowling. haha
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Have you seen one of those in person? When I was shopping for my Samsung, they had one at the Best Buy in Little Rock and it completely dwarfed every other TV there. I would love to go with at least the 73" but I will probably be building a house in the next couple years and I would like to have one reasonably sized that would work in a normal sized living/family room. The 63" I had was damn near too big for the living room at my old house.... especially when playing Wii bowling. haha
I thought you are currently building a house?
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Quote:
I thought you are currently building a house?
well, i wouldn't call it an actual "house" but more of a live in shop. I plan on building a real house in the next couple years beside my "barn house"
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Time Served

I have a 65" in the bedroom and a 73" Diamond in the living room. Really like them both. The 65" has always been a little on the noisy side or at least not as quite as the 73". I highly recommend them either one.

The 73" is quite a bit bigger then the 65", definitely needs a big room if you with that one.

Titan Pro-4X
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Lifer

I bought a 65" Mitsu last spring at Compusa in Plano for the living room and moved the 50" Samsung DLP to the bedroom. I LOVE this Mitsubishi.

FUCK Canada
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Lifer

Anyone interested in a Panasonic 56" 1080p lcd rear projection with matching stand?
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
I bought a 65" Mitsu last spring at Compusa in Plano for the living room and moved the 50" Samsung DLP to the bedroom. I LOVE this Mitsubishi.
haha! I want to go back and get the 73" or 82" Diamond, and move the 65" to my bedroom.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Censored

My Mom's Mitsu DLP is 3 years old, and has gone thru 2 lamps, 1 DMD chip (the micro mirrors that last "100,000 Hours"), and now the component board went bad. The TV isn't worth a damn now. I don't think they will buy another Mitsu DLP.

Doors Done Rite
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Fear the Stashe

Which one of these do ya'll recommend ?
Looking for 65" or smaller..

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...asp?CatId=1830
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky View Post
Which one of these do ya'll recommend ?
Looking for 65" or smaller..

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...asp?CatId=1830
The 737 series is what the two people I know have, if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember the number identifier on mine, but it's the Diamond series, which I didn't see listed in there.

The WD73737 is a damn nice TV for the price. I'd grab one of the bundles if I were you.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

You can get it from Newegg.com for $3800 with free shipping. That is where I got my 73" from.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Very Interesting

i've got a 65 inch Sony Wega DLP in the living room, and it's great, but after seeing Jared's at his house, I'll definately opt for 70+ on the next one. Move the 65 into the bedroom for sure.

It's so much TV for an apartment tho

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Colorado Dreamin'

I'm pretty happy with our 56" Samsung but if we get a little extra cash I wouldn't mind going up to the 73" like Jareds and moving the 56" to our bedroom. BTW, we have had that samsung for 2 years now with no issues (knock wood).

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Turbobrooks

Location: You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons
Pulled the trigger on a 73" Mitsubishi today, $1499 shipped.

Allen Werl Performance Racecraft Motorsports Inc.

Made possible by:
http://www.jamesbschassisservices.com
http://www.brooksracecraft.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement