HD Receivers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

HD Receivers

where can i find one for under $100.....are they even out there? i have direct tv btw

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Lifer

lots of HR10-250's out there for <$100. They are 250 hr DVR's and will record up to 40 hrs of HD material. They use the TiVo interface also. They do not do mpeg4 however.

1972 Cuda
2003 Infinity G35
2001 1100 Shadow Sabre
1996 Sea-doo Challenger jet boat
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyler View Post
lots of HR10-250's out there for <$100. They are 250 hr DVR's and will record up to 40 hrs of HD material. They use the TiVo interface also. They do not do mpeg4 however.
Where's a good place to get one? I really dont care about it's memory and all that stuff, just want hd

"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Lifer

eBay or Craigslist. Should find plenty for around $50ea. They are great receivers and will pickup OTA HD as well. However, thenewest HD channels that DirecTV has added are in mpeg4 and the HR10-250 will not be compatible.

1972 Cuda
2003 Infinity G35
2001 1100 Shadow Sabre
1996 Sea-doo Challenger jet boat
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 07:26 AM
dead

you're just looking for an hd sat receiver for directv?
i think they are $100 from directv directly. they will extend your contract however.
you can buy used third party but you will need a new access card from D* which is $25.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
you're just looking for an hd sat receiver for directv?
i think they are $100 from directv directly. they will extend your contract however.
you can buy used third party but you will need a new access card from D* which is $25.
It does Cost $100 from direct tv but the lady on the phone told me it would be cheaper to buy one somewhere else but I didn't know where. I'm probably gonna end getting the one from those assholes. Motherfuckers told me that if I switched from dish they would give me HD, I did. After the install I called and ask where the he'll the hd channels were they said that was gonna cost extra

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 04:47 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
It does Cost $100 from direct tv but the lady on the phone told me it would be cheaper to buy one somewhere else but I didn't know where. I'm probably gonna end getting the one from those assholes. Motherfuckers told me that if I switched from dish they would give me HD, I did. After the install I called and ask where the he'll the hd channels were they said that was gonna cost extra
if you signed up as a new customer you should have had your choice to a free hd box or a free dvr box with a hd dvr as a $100 upgrade.

hd channels are $10/mo. dvr is $5/mo. a lot of packages include hd+dvr as part of the price.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

be sure to call direct tv before buying. I would say 99% of the receivers that people are selling as new are pre leased units meaning you'll have to return it to DTV after you disconnect your service.

If you have been a DTV customer for more than 6 months and paid your bills on time call DTV and they'll send you another HD receiver for free (leased)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

all they gave me was a dvr. im gonna call them again thurs. and try again for the hd. im sure ill get no where

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 09:13 AM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Quote:
all they gave me was a dvr. im gonna call them again thurs. and try again for the hd. im sure ill get no where
When I signed up with DTV (after leaving dish network, horrible company btw) they said they would only give me one HD DVR at sign up. I tried my best to get a second for free, I did get them down to 150.00 for the upgrade before she told me in a soft voice about paying my bill with them on time for 6 months and calling back to get the free unit. DTV is very good about at customer service.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 AM
dead

Quote:
thats typically the deal. one or the other. sometimes i have seen people (like buzzo) get and HD DVR.

you can call them and tell them they said you were supposed to get an HD DVR and try that route.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
thats typically the deal. one or the other. sometimes i have seen people (like buzzo) get and HD DVR.

you can call them and tell them they said you were supposed to get an HD DVR and try that route.
ill try. thanks for the info.

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement