woot projector... LMFAO - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
dead

woot projector... LMFAO

www.woot.com

what a great description. as an ex salesman, i used to imagine some people had this mentality based on some purchases.

Ooh, It’s Simply The Worst
Everywhere I go, people say, “You live the kind of luxurious lifestyle that I can only dream about – and you do it all on a freelance shoeshine consultant’s income. What’s your secret?”

They see the boat, the condo, the wine collection, and they just can’t figure it out. Well, I’ll tell you the answer. And it has nothing to do with making fraudulent lost-luggage claims against the airlines. In this threat-level-orange era, that doesn’t work any more (thanks a lot, al Qaeda). No, my secret is far simpler:

I refuse to settle for the best.

When I’m making my consumption choices, I employ a discerning eye to seek out the crummiest, flimsiest, and, yes, crappiest of everything. The condo right above the dumpster. The boat that was the scene of a quadruple-homicide after a drug deal gone bad. The wine that comes in a styrofoam jug. If it isn’t the worst possible choice, I just can’t be bothered. Because I probably can’t afford it.

But this projector presents no such problems. Some consumers might turn and run when a snobbish fancy-pants gadget site like Gizmodo says it has the “worst contrast ratio, or lack thereof, we’ve ever seen” and that games look “as pixelated as any video could ever possibly be.” Those self-confessed projector snobs can say that the FBI warning at the beginning of a DVD “looked like hieroglyphics.” They can say it “even smelled bad, like mildew, and made way more noise than we could bear.”

You know what I say? “One, please.”

Because, of the three words “World’s Crappiest Projector”, only the last one really matters. Why get all caught up in nitpicking over lumens and contrast ratio and weird visual artifacts? That way lies higher prices. Me, I’m a projector owner now. How many of the other consultants at the shoeshine stand can say that?

Warranty: 6 Month Senario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
dead

lol, i think the actual item specs might actually be funnier than the humorous woot description

Features:

* Projects up to a 6 foot image (diagonal)
* Project movies and video games on the wall or ceiling
* Composite video connection works with DVD players, xBox, Nintendo, Playstation, Digital Cameras, iPod, Computers, and more
* Easy to use, point and project
* Highly portable torpedo shape
* Built-in speaker and amplifier
* Adjustable foot that doubles as a handle

Additional Photos:

* A/V Connection Panel
* Control Panel
* Stand for Projecting on Ceiling
* Profile View

In the box:

* Senario AL-100 Mega Vu Torpedo Projector
* Power Adapter
* Composite Cable
* Users Guide

anyone gonna buy this pile? could be good to take outside and use as a projector on the side of the house.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 12:15 AM
PVC Racing

lmao, i just saw that and was thinking about posting it up

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 02:29 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

LMAO! I know exactly the type of customer you're talking about, and they're a pain in the ass. Thank God I'm not in retail anymore (for the time being, knock on wood).

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
dead

that's great... i think i would buy this if i still lived at my old place with the pool just to throw a signal on the side of the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement