FTA users get inside - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

FTA users get inside

Ok what do I need to get setup? I have a dish 500 HD dish from my previous service. I will need one hd box and 2-3 sd boxes. Unless the sd boxes can run 2 tv's. What am I looking at as far as cost? And where all can I get the setups?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
Ok what do I need to get setup? I have a dish 500 HD dish from my previous service. I will need one hd box and 2-3 sd boxes. Unless the sd boxes can run 2 tv's. What am I looking at as far as cost? And where all can I get the setups?
400 for HD box and under 150 per SD box.

http://www.pansatdirect.net/usa/

DFW Mustangs dot net
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Will my Dish 500 dish work?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
Will my Dish 500 dish work?
Its not the dish that you would have an issue with Bradley. its the LNB's thats mounted on the dish

Im about to get rid of my SD box and I know where one more is. Im using a Viewsat. Its the most stable box in use right now. Viewsat Ultra to be exact.

As far HD ill be using a Sonicview unit. FOr HD use you need a 1000.1 dish or the elbow off of a 500 dish to aim at 129.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
Its not the dish that you would have an issue with Bradley. its the LNB's thats mounted on the dish

Im about to get rid of my SD box and I know where one more is. Im using a Viewsat. Its the most stable box in use right now. Viewsat Ultra to be exact.

As far HD ill be using a Sonicview unit. FOr HD use you need a 1000.1 dish or the elbow off of a 500 dish to aim at 129.
whats on 129? I point at 110 , 119 and 91 and have way too much to watch.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4 View Post
400 for HD box and under 150 per SD box.

http://www.pansatdirect.net/usa/

Pansats are the worst boxes you can get in comparison to the Sonicview HD8000 and other Sonicview products. If you will notice, Viewsats are hit quite often but are the most supported boxes out. Sonicview boxes are THE most stable boxes and don't get zapped as often. I am using an HD8000 SV and its the best thing since sliced bread.

Yes Brad you can use your old HD Dish 500 setup. If its already aimed, all you gotta do is figureout your port settings and setting up the boxes are pretty straight forward.

Quote:
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Pink Taco KILLA!

[QUOTE=ClockwrkOrangeS4;5622324]whats on 129? I point at 110 , 119 and 91 and have way too much to watch.[/QUOTE

61.5 and 129 are where all the HD channels are at. 91 is BEV. Canadian Dish stuff. Its pretty much the same stuff thats on 110/119.

Quote:
Quote:
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
Pansats are the worst boxes you can get in comparison to the Sonicview HD8000 and other Sonicview products. If you will notice, Viewsats are hit quite often but are the most supported boxes out. Sonicview boxes are THE most stable boxes and don't get zapped as often. I am using an HD8000 SV and its the best thing since sliced bread.

Yes Brad you can use your old HD Dish 500 setup. If its already aimed, all you gotta do is figureout your port settings and setting up the boxes are pretty straight forward.
Mine been staying up for months at a time. and when it does go down, I can usually get a new bin within minutes. So I guess YMMV
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:39 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

better enjoy the next couple weeks while you can. Your boxes will not be working much longer.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Lifer

SonicView 360 elite, I have 2 of them and they rock. I have 2 500gb WD my books connected to mine and have issues.
I have not had to flash my sonicview since 1/8/09

Right now they are all having issues with Adult and Internatiol channels due to dish changing them to N3 platform. DIK and BEV are both having this problem.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Resident Epicurean

I want to get an FTA setup, just for fights and football purposes. Can anyone direct me to what I need, where I need to point, etc? All I currently have is the dish from the previous owners of my house. I believe it's the Dish 500.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I want to get an FTA setup, just for fights and football purposes. Can anyone direct me to what I need, where I need to point, etc? All I currently have is the dish from the previous owners of my house. I believe it's the Dish 500.

Right now, it would be best to wait since they're switching over to Nagra3. Current boxes may become paperweights if they can't be flashed to break the N3 encryption.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
#1 HEAT FAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbre97 View Post
Right now, it would be best to wait since they're switching over to Nagra3. Current boxes may become paperweights if they can't be flashed to break the N3 encryption.
doesnt look good for you guys either. bev has been on the new system for a few months no progress, Europe they use a very similar encryption, over a year now, no progress.

good news is, the slinger system they seem to have the bugs worked out of it.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Im not sweating the purchase i just made. Someone will always crack the encryptions and we will still have free satellite and cable just like I do now. fuck paying for that crap.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement