looking for a car stereo - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,548
looking for a car stereo

i am looking for a c.d. player with AUX RCA in so i can hook up my Sirius radio. not needing anything fancy, but can't seem to find anything "cheap" on Wal Mart's website. where would be a good place to look?

when i say cheap, i mean something around $100-130ish.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jlyon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
i am looking for a c.d. player with AUX RCA in so i can hook up my Sirius radio. not needing anything fancy, but can't seem to find anything "cheap" on Wal Mart's website. where would be a good place to look?

when i say cheap, i mean something around $100-130ish.
EW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
When people look at your post and make comments like ewwww when you say 100 bucks I laugh my ass off. You can get a pretty good stereo for UNDER a hundred that will do a GREAT job of playing music that also has a front panel input. Last fall I "inherited" a ford E350 Econoline work van at my job that came with a POS factory am/fm radio. I purchased a DUAL XDM6425 on ebay for about 90 bucks shipped to my house. This radio has a built in HD tuner, plays mp3/wma, has a USB jack on the front (which I could care less about), but also has a stereo input jack that I use with my XM tuner, and I bought a bluetooth module for it to use with my cellphone. This stereo is badass for under 100 bucks. It keeps up with my Alpine in my car and has more features. Frys advertises stereos in almost every ad that have mp3/wma playback AND front panel inputs that are under 100 bucks....and they are NAMEBRAND stereos. I will never buy another high dollar stereo from Alpine, Kenwood, Nak, Denon, etc.....you are paying for a name. I've owned several EXTEMELY high end car stereos and honestly for the money...they were not worth it.

Oh...and Walmart DOES carry the DUAL brand. Frys had the exact same stereo on clearance here on Friday for 59.99 but they were sold out when I went...otherwise I would have put one in both of my cars.

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
I will never buy another high dollar stereo from Alpine, Kenwood, Nak, Denon, etc.....you are paying for a name. I've owned several EXTEMELY high end car stereos and honestly for the money...they were not worth it.
Could that be said about cars as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03 View Post
Could that be said about cars as well?
Absolutely. I'll take a ZR1 Corvette thank you.

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Old school 4-eye'd
 
Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Department of Redundancy Dept
Posts: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
When people look at your post and make comments like ewwww when you say 100 bucks I laugh my ass off. You can get a pretty good stereo for UNDER a hundred that will do a GREAT job of playing music that also has a front panel input. Last fall I "inherited" a ford E350 Econoline work van at my job that came with a POS factory am/fm radio. I purchased a DUAL XDM6425 on ebay for about 90 bucks shipped to my house. This radio has a built in HD tuner, plays mp3/wma, has a USB jack on the front (which I could care less about), but also has a stereo input jack that I use with my XM tuner, and I bought a bluetooth module for it to use with my cellphone. This stereo is badass for under 100 bucks. It keeps up with my Alpine in my car and has more features. Frys advertises stereos in almost every ad that have mp3/wma playback AND front panel inputs that are under 100 bucks....and they are NAMEBRAND stereos. I will never buy another high dollar stereo from Alpine, Kenwood, Nak, Denon, etc.....you are paying for a name. I've owned several EXTEMELY high end car stereos and honestly for the money...they were not worth it.

Oh...and Walmart DOES carry the DUAL brand. Frys had the exact same stereo on clearance here on Friday for 59.99 but they were sold out when I went...otherwise I would have put one in both of my cars.
ahem, uh, EW is a fellow board member, and he runs an Autosound store.

Baron is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
Absolutely. I'll take a ZR1 Corvette thank you.
So if I take a fox body instead then what does that say about your vette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
ahem, uh, EW is a fellow board member, and he runs an Autosound store.
LOL
didn't realize that.....FUCK its been a long day

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03 View Post
So if I take a fox body instead then what does that say about your vette?
To quote gone in 60 seconds " that would make you a conniseurre"

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
To quote gone in 60 seconds " that would make you a conniseurre"
I think the correct example for you would have been picking the fox body instead of Zr1 but I will let it pass and not give you a hard time since you said you are tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
I picked the ZR1 because right off the showroom floor it will bust AZZ on cars that cost 3 or 4 times what it does. For the money...its one HELL of a bargain.

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
I picked the ZR1 because right off the showroom floor it will bust AZZ on cars that cost 3 or 4 times what it does. For the money...its one HELL of a bargain.
So a Zr1 is a bargin but a 200.00 receiver is just stupid????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03 View Post
So a Zr1 is a bargin but a 200.00 receiver is just stupid????
Its not stupid but not necessary to get the same or better results. I like getting more for my money.

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
So a Zr1 is a bargin but a 200.00 receiver is just stupid????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
Its not stupid but not necessary to get the same or better results. I like getting more for my money.
I think I understand now the more expensive receiver is not necessary but the Zr1 would be ok because it is so much of a better deal than a lesser car is that about right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03 View Post
So if I bought a 03/04 cobra for 23k with a kenne bell on it with supporting mods and if made the same or more power would that be getting more for the money since I paid less than half of your Zr1 bargin?
wow....this could go on forever and ever. You wont win...I wont win. A great debate however

ANYWAY.......On a routine basis Frys, Best Buy, etc advertise stereos from Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony (not that I like Sony), Sanyo, and other brands that are detachable face CD/mp3/wma players with front panel inputs, built in amplifiers, wireless remote, etc....for anywhere from 69 dollars to the mid 150's. Some of them have ipod controls, and bluetooth capability for use with cellphones, GPS, and satellite radio. I shopped around and found the Dual stereo to give the most for the money.

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03 View Post
I think I understand now the more expensive receiver is not necessary but the Zr1 would be ok because it is so much of a better deal than a lesser car is that about right?

You see my sig right? I'm sure most ZR1 drivers would laugh at my GN or my Trans Am. AND??? Bet I won't go home and cry....they dont like em.....FUCK EM.

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
I'm sure most ZR1 drivers would laugh at my GN or my Trans Am. AND???
Just like a guy with an expensive receiver and someone else with a lesser model? It just seems weird to me you are saying that and expensive reciever is a waste since the cheaper model will do most of the same things and then turn around and say the an expenisve car is different situation? I am not trying to be mean just scratching my head trying to understand you logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
I am getting off of work talk to you later good luck with the Zr1 with the $50.00 receiver in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
when people look at your post and make comments like ewwww when you say 100 bucks i laugh my ass off. You can get a pretty good stereo for under a hundred that will do a great job of playing music that also has a front panel input. Last fall i "inherited" a ford e350 econoline work van at my job that came with a pos factory am/fm radio. I purchased a dual xdm6425 on ebay for about 90 bucks shipped to my house. This radio has a built in hd tuner, plays mp3/wma, has a usb jack on the front (which i could care less about), but also has a stereo input jack that i use with my xm tuner, and i bought a bluetooth module for it to use with my cellphone. This stereo is badass for under 100 bucks. It keeps up with my alpine in my car and has more features. Frys advertises stereos in almost every ad that have mp3/wma playback and front panel inputs that are under 100 bucks....and they are namebrand stereos. I will never buy another high dollar stereo from alpine, kenwood, nak, denon, etc.....you are paying for a name. I've owned several extemely high end car stereos and honestly for the money...they were not worth it.

Oh...and walmart does carry the dual brand. Frys had the exact same stereo on clearance here on friday for 59.99 but they were sold out when i went...otherwise i would have put one in both of my cars.
lmao!!!
jluv is offline  
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM
DFWS
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 6,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
i am looking for a c.d. player with AUX RCA in so i can hook up my Sirius radio. not needing anything fancy, but can't seem to find anything "cheap" on Wal Mart's website. where would be a good place to look?

when i say cheap, i mean something around $100-130ish.
http://www.crutchfield.com/


look at there cheaper stuff plus you get a free install kit



JVC KD-R200 New


* plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including MP3 and WMA files on disc)
* front-panel aux input
* one set of preamp outputs

$79.99

Panasonic CQ-RX100U

* MP3 and WMA playback
* front-panel auxiliary input
* preamp outputs

$79.99

Pioneer DEH-11E

* front-panel auxiliary input
* one set of preamp outputs

$79.99

Sony Xplod CDX-GT130


* CD receiver with LED display
* front auxiliary input
* 17 watts RMS x 4

$79.99

Keepin' The Old School Alive
scootro is offline  
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 PM
DFWS
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 6,990
even more cheaper stuff here that i've bought from

http://www.etronics.com/c-2311-cd-re...entoryFilter=1
scootro is offline  
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
www.woofersetc.com I have had really good experiences ordering from them...

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Punk Ass Kid
 
FoxBodyMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pilot Point
Posts: 3,772
www.crutchfield.com get a cheap Pioneer, 3000ub. they are around 130. pretty good sound quality and you can run thumb drives on it i believe, thru usb input.. crutchfeild gives you free install kit to i believe (dash kit, harness adapter, instructions) all u need to do is crimp and install.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.


All stock 91 coupe. Stang' Bangin'


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just want to smoke weed, be naked, and play video games.That is all.
FoxBodyMike is offline  
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
DFWS
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 6,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBodyMike View Post
www.crutchfield.com get a cheap Pioneer, 3000ub. they are around 130. pretty good sound quality and you can run thumb drives on it i believe, thru usb input.. crutchfeild gives you free install kit to i believe (dash kit, harness adapter, instructions) all u need to do is crimp and install.

Keepin' The Old School Alive
scootro is offline  
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,224
Many units have front 1/8" aux jack but it will look like crap with a wire hanging out of the dash.

/////ALPINE CDE-9872 AM/FM/CD/MP3 $99
/////ALPINE KCE-236B 1/8" jack $15
RCA out for full range or sub volume, high pass crossovers, adj bass & treble frequency. Nice basic high quality deck and the aux input cable plugs in the back.
Or

Kenwood KDC-MP638U $169 (add your own male to male 1/8" cable for rear aux)
AM/FM/CD/WMA/MP3/USB(rear) 3pr RCA, highpass and lowpass outputs, remote, multiple lines of text, etc. Ready for: sirius, XM, bluetooth, changer, iPod, steering wheel control, HD Radio, etc.

Either of these are better options than Dual or JVC. The Kenwood will look and sound better but it is more expensive.
EW is offline  
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,548
i had a DUAL in my van and that thing is the biggest piece of shit i have ever had. it didn't even last a little over a year before the front panel wouldn't move, a then it started turning itself on and off as it wanted, volume would go full blast out of nowhere, even when turned off. so i pulled it out and put the factory one back in and need to get a c.d. player back in it. i don't care for the front AUX jacks as i prefer to have RCA inputs in the rear, as that way that POS DUAL was. i also paid about $130 for that DUAL at Wal-Mart. i would like to get a Sony, Pioneer or something like that. i will look at the different links you guys posted up.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jlyon is offline  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Lifer
 
2165 Turbo Rail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 2,158
I went to either best buy or circuit city and told them I wanted to cheapest CD player they had. I ended up getting a kenwood. detachable face with all the extra crap.. with 2 6" speakers for $89 bucks
2165 Turbo Rail is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome