Stretched screen issue?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

Question Stretched screen issue??

my 42inch plasma is having some sceen probs. My screen is stretched making it hard to see all of some channels. I've tried to change the settings back to factory but it won't change anything. WTF can I do??

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Custom Title

Does your cable/Satelite give you an option to set the aspect ratio? Did it just start to happen, new TV?

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

it all started after I change it wider and bigger to watch espn in hd. I have AT&T through dishnetwork

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
it all started after I change it wider and bigger to watch espn in hd. I have AT&T through dishnetwork
You need to locate your aspect ratio and change it to 16:9 this should fix your problem if not PM and I will get back to you
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeski View Post
You need to locate your aspect ratio and change it to 16:9 this should fix your problem if not PM and I will get back to you

Yup, or maybe there is a zoom option, one of my TV's has that, it does make the picture wide, but zoomed in so less shows on the screen.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
I have dishnetwork and the pageup button on my controller changes the aspect ratio from the receiver. I leave my TV set at a standard 16:9 without stretch or zoom, and just adjust the source. My receiver has these options btw:

4:3 Gray bar
4:3 Black bar
Stretch
Partial zoom
full zoom
Normal

On HD stuff it automatically puts out 16:9, SD you have to play with it...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

Alright, I've tried playing with everything I know of. Going through my dish network settings it had the aspect at 16:9 and 420 for the TV type while on HD. I changed to 720 b/c that's what my tv is and it didn't do much. I've played with the H & V Positions on my TV which will help a bit but still won't fit the entire screen while on HD channels??? WTF am I doing wrong?
When on HD channels such as football games or basketball games you'll see everything except the scores, etc. I cannot fit it in the entire screen?

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Custom Title

Hmm, is it when the tickers scroll across the bottom of the screen, or like on Football when they have the little box in the upper right corner with the score, time left, etc? I have trouble seeing some channels tickers across the bottom of the screen, but never the score box during games.

Widescreen 16.9 is a bit different than 4.3 ratio, takes a little getting used too.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstang View Post
Hmm, is it when the tickers scroll across the bottom of the screen, or like on Football when they have the little box in the upper right corner with the score, time left, etc? I have trouble seeing some channels tickers across the bottom of the screen, but never the score box during games.

Widescreen 16.9 is a bit different than 4.3 ratio, takes a little getting used too.
Yep, anytime I watch a Football or Basketball game I can never see the box scores on the screen (For HD Channels). I had it to the point where I saw about half of it for an NBA game the other night and that was the best I could get it

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Lifer

I have Dish. On the Dish remote there is a format button on the lower left. Simply press that button and it will toggle through the screen modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
LUCIFER

I finally figured it out. I was switching the HD settings through my Dish Remote and resetting the factory settings on my tv remote. Well I ended up having to reset the factory settings on the dish as well then it worked correctly.

thanks guys

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement