Mitsu HC5500 Projector - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Blood Junky

Mitsu HC5500 Projector

Time for a minor upgrade maybe...I had a Sharp xv-z2000 and the bulb quit working with 2980 hour's on it. Yes I could have just replaced the bulb at $400-450, instead I elected to take it back to costco and get a refund. I would have had a hair over 2k invested into a projector that is no longer made, making it harder to get part's for. So I am looking at this one at the moment...

Anybody on here using one of these projectors? They appear from the stat's to be fairly decent for the money.

Here's a quick blurb on some of the specs:

The HC5500 is a native 1080p home theater projector. It includes the latest LCD technology and HQV processor for the sharpest definition to image details. Itís designed with organic LCD panels to produce a stunning viewing experience. With exclusive algorithms to control its dynamic iris, it generates a sharp 14000:1 contrast ratio and is ultra-quiet at only a 19dBA noise level. It is also equipped with two HDMI v1.3 connectivity inputs to support true HD digital-to-digital images, as well as a 2-years warranty and an amazingly long 5000 hour lamp life (low mode).

I'm looking to stay around the 2k price range. Thanks for any additional input and idea's...Sucks right now with no big tv to watch

94 Cobra-Finally runs, sorta
02 F250
04 GT
06 Raptor 350
02 Raptor 660

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
dead

man way to screw over costco!

I have a mitsubishi hc1500. Been great so far. I'd imagine the 5500 is badass. I haven't really looked at that many LCD projectors however.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Iamwaxman!

Man, you really screwed Costco on that deal.
Those projector bulbs are only made to last 3-4000 hours, which I'm sure you knew before you bought it. And the way technology changes, anything is discontinued in 1-2 years in the digital projector world. So basically, the projector did what it was intended to do, and you return it after it you used the hell out of it?

No wonder prices are going up on shit like this

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Blood Junky

How did I screw costco over, when the salesman suggested I do this in the event that this would happen? He was aware of their policy's and passed it along to me, as they did every other customer! I told them upfront what the issue was with the projector and they said "No problem, we will take it back". And if they had stated they would not return it, I would have just simply gotten another bulb. If costco would have had something comparable or even better than what I had originally purchased, my money would have stayed with them plain and simple. So if you don't have anything good or bad to say about the question I had asked about the mitsu, please leave your comment's to yourselves.

94 Cobra-Finally runs, sorta
02 F250
04 GT
06 Raptor 350
02 Raptor 660

Sponsored Links
Advertisement