Mitsu TV's - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
Mitsu TV's

i dont know if there has been a post about this but are these any good? im getting a pretty sweet deal on a tv with a stand but i wanted to know if it is even worth it. Mitsubishi WD-65735 DLP HDTV - 65", 1080p, 16:9, 1920 x 1080, ATSC, NTSC, USB, S-Video, HDMI if i do end up buying this thing. is there anything i could do to make the picture better?

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Not sure about the DLP set but I have a 40' LCD 1080P Mitsubishi and it is awesome. Mitsubishi has been a good name in TV's since the 80's.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:25 AM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
I've always liked Mitsu TVs.
jluv is offline  
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
i dont know if there has been a post about this but are these any good? im getting a pretty sweet deal on a tv with a stand but i wanted to know if it is even worth it. Mitsubishi WD-65735 DLP HDTV - 65", 1080p, 16:9, 1920 x 1080, ATSC, NTSC, USB, S-Video, HDMI if i do end up buying this thing. is there anything i could do to make the picture better?
Are you buying it new or a deal on a used one?

what is the deal you're getting?

DFW Mustangs dot net
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 11:45 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,539
Mitsu has been at the top for TV's for a long time.

I should have bought one of those and I could have assured myself more than 18 months from a TV

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
Are you buying it new or a deal on a used one?

what is the deal you're getting?
new with a stand for 1700....i dont know, sounds like a deal to me

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
new with a stand for 1700....i dont know, sounds like a deal to me
with the stand thats not bad... but I would look around, people are obsessed with the "flat screens" so there are some really good deals on dlp's. I wish I had jumped on the last generation sony rear projections before they gave it up.

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
so is it a good t.v? is there anything i might be able to do to for better pic quality?

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
It's a decent deal, although you can get the 65734 (lower line, but actually the highest of last years line) from Fry's for $1399 or $1499, I can't remember. I would rather have the 734 than the 735, especially for the $300+ difference.
Grant is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
i dont know if im gonna go through with it...i found a sony im kinda interested in

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Yeah, after looking the 735 deal isn't really special. Personally I'd pick up the 734 for $1300ish first. Which line of Sony are you looking at?
Grant is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Yeah, after looking the 735 deal isn't really special. Personally I'd pick up the 734 for $1300ish first. Which line of Sony are you looking at?
i really dont know yet. My hook up told me he might be able to get me 65inch for around the same price...i wont know till i geta day off...in sept

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Sony doesn't make 65" DLP/SXRD's, it's either 60" or 70" and he better have a hell of a hook-up on the 70", they're pretty expensive for anything decent or comparable to the Mitsu 734/735. The 60" would just depend on which one it is, generally Sony is more expensive and only recently (in the last year) have they become a decent value in my opinion versus what you pay..
Grant is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Sony doesn't make 65" DLP/SXRD's, it's either 60" or 70" and he better have a hell of a hook-up on the 70", they're pretty expensive for anything decent or comparable to the Mitsu 734/735. The 60" would just depend on which one it is, generally Sony is more expensive and only recently (in the last year) have they become a decent value in my opinion versus what you pay..
i guess its the 60. he said 60 something. i wont know till i get a day off. i hope i can find something out by this weekend. thank you for your input btw...

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Lifer
 
Mike69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,590
I have that 65735 Mitsu 65" TV & have no problems with it. The HD channels look sick on it. I got mine on sale on black friday for $1500.00

1990 Mustang GT
306, typhoon intake, E303, stock heads, 1.6 FMS R.R., 70 T.B., 80mm PMAS, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, adj. billet regulator, MSD dist., coil & 6A box, BBK shorties, o/r x-pipe, Spintech Pro Streets dumped, T-5, Center Force Dual Friction, 3.55's, S-Trim... 396hp/398trq
Mike69 is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bedford
Posts: 1,158
I saw one at Frys...a Mitsu 50" DLP that had the most incredible picture I have seen in a long time for only $1000 a few months ago. If I would have at the money I would have bought it...oh and it was new

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
staticX is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:00 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike69
I have that 65735 Mitsu 65" TV & have no problems with it. The HD channels look sick on it. I got mine on sale on black friday for $1500.00

Are you sure it's the 735? I didn't think those were out yet this past Black Friday. It's probably the 733.
jluv is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
I got a 73" Mitsu 1080P and Verizon FIOS and the HD picture is incredible.
AL P is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Lifer
 
Mike69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Are you sure it's the 735? I didn't think those were out yet this past Black Friday. It's probably the 733.
You are correct. I just checked & it is the 733. Still happy with it & no problems.

1990 Mustang GT
306, typhoon intake, E303, stock heads, 1.6 FMS R.R., 70 T.B., 80mm PMAS, 42lb injectors, 255 fuel pump, adj. billet regulator, MSD dist., coil & 6A box, BBK shorties, o/r x-pipe, Spintech Pro Streets dumped, T-5, Center Force Dual Friction, 3.55's, S-Trim... 396hp/398trq
Mike69 is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike69
You are correct. I just checked & it is the 733. Still happy with it & no problems.

I bought that same exact TV at Best Buy last October. Got it home, buzzed loud as shit. Took it back and swapped it for another. Same issue. Not just a normal "electronics" buzz, but an annoying buzz you could hear clearly from across the room. I took that one back and got the 73" (same line though, 73733), and it has been dead silent and worked great since day 1. The picture is wonderful. Mistu makes great TVs, but apparently that particular model you have has been known to have issues. That's good that yours hasn't. I guess I've been lucky as well. Hopefully they have worked out all of the kinks with the newest models. I still have a 2003 model Mitsu 65" rear projection and it's working flawlessly. It developed a red ring around white characters a while back, but they have an advanced convergence setting adjustment option in the menu, and I played around with it and it looks perfect again. It may not be as bright as it once was 5 years ago, but I never notice until I compare it side by side with my new DLP or plasma. Solid TVs for sure.
jluv is offline  
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
so i went with the mitsu. I dont want to get HD cause to tell you the truth i dont watch much t.v anyway and i think the shit cost like $30 extra, but the family does. I know there are a few FREE HD channels out now. Could i still have my satelite hooked up and still use an HD antenna?

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 05:20 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
yes.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 PM
B-WIZ
 
KOZMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
I bought that same exact TV at Best Buy last October. Got it home, buzzed loud as shit. Took it back and swapped it for another. Same issue. Not just a normal "electronics" buzz, but an annoying buzz you could hear clearly from across the room. I took that one back and got the 73" (same line though, 73733), and it has been dead silent and worked great since day 1. The picture is wonderful. Mistu makes great TVs, but apparently that particular model you have has been known to have issues. That's good that yours hasn't. I guess I've been lucky as well. Hopefully they have worked out all of the kinks with the newest models. I still have a 2003 model Mitsu 65" rear projection and it's working flawlessly. It developed a red ring around white characters a while back, but they have an advanced convergence setting adjustment option in the menu, and I played around with it and it looks perfect again. It may not be as bright as it once was 5 years ago, but I never notice until I compare it side by side with my new DLP or plasma. Solid TVs for sure.
lol Jarod, I still haven't heard that TV make that noise!!




DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
KOZMO is offline  
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Trailer Park Royalty
 
whitetrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 3,047
i have a 62in mitsu DLP that works great


03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
whitetrash is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 AM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOZMO
lol Jarod, I still haven't heard that TV make that noise!!

Do you have one at home? You should have heard the two that I had. They were loud as shit. It's apparently a common problem with others who have bought it, too. My 73" is dead silent though, so it could be hit or miss.
jluv is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 12:19 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Well shit, The HDMI 1 input on the back of my TV is fried. It just doesn't work at all. I moved the cable over to the HDMI 2 input and everything works again. Hopefully dealing with Mistubishi's warranty folks won't be a huge hassle.
jluv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome