cd player wont take cd's - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
cd player wont take cd's

what would cause a cd player not to take cd's? Radio and everything else works but it wont take cd's. could it be that its hooked up wrong?

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:45 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,226
Factory? Aftermarket? 6 disc? single?
Some units have a lockout of some kind that prevents putting CDs in when there is already one in the unit. The 6 disc units have a gate that opens and closes with load/unload commands. You may be able to remove power from the unit and reconnect power to "reset" the unit. You may have to take the unit apart to see what is going on. You may have to buy a new cd player. "Hooking it up wrong" will not cause that problem.
EW is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
Factory? Aftermarket? 6 disc? single?
Some units have a lockout of some kind that prevents putting CDs in when there is already one in the unit. The 6 disc units have a gate that opens and closes with load/unload commands. You may be able to remove power from the unit and reconnect power to "reset" the unit. You may have to take the unit apart to see what is going on. You may have to buy a new cd player. "Hooking it up wrong" will not cause that problem.
aftermarket. STUPID STORY, i sold the cd player to my cousin 2yrs ago. he just had it installed yesterday. he call me upsed saying the cd player doesnt work, like he wants me to do something about it. ill tell him he might have to take it apart or maybe the dumbass he let install it f'd it up and is afraid to tell him. he must be messed up in the head if he thinks im gonna give him his $200 back

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,226
Pressing the reset button on aftermarket decks will usually take care of the problem. If the unit has been dropped, all bets are off.
EW is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
Pressing the reset button on aftermarket decks will usually take care of the problem. If the unit has been dropped, all bets are off.
the reset button is the first thing that came to mind. thanks for your input.

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome