Car alarm?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Banned

Car alarm??

I started having a problem with the vert with the aftermarket alarm it has. Im not sure of the brand, but it has a remote start.

I have been leaving the battery disconnected on the car because I hardly ever drive it, maybe once in 2 months or so.

Anyways, usually I hook up the battery and as soon as i do so the alarm will go off & I just hit the unlock button on the remote & it turns off.
Well two days ago I put the battery terminals on and nothing, which was odd. I tried hitting the button on the remote and nothing, so I opened the door on the car and that shit went off. I couldn't turn off the alarm so I had to disconnect the battery again.

Now I couldn't get the car started since the alarm kept going off. So what I did was disconnect the battery and put the key in the ignition and left the door open.

I connected the battery and since the alarm didn't go off, I went inside the car & turned the ignition and it turned over fine and its running. Now I am just afraid that I may be driving and the car dies because of the alarm tripping something or it not starting anymore today. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

What could it be? I have a new car battery & put new batteries in the remotes for the alarm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:07 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

what brand is it?

dei ( viper, clifford, python)

code ( code alarm, prestige)

more info is needed to help you.

best thing you could do right now is find the brain and unplug it. this should take of your problems in the short term. that is If it was installed correctly in the first place.

if its dei get someone with a bit writer ( dei's programmer for your brain)

if its a code or prestige get a new alarm these things ALWAYS have fuggin problems.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 11:11 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

since you dont know the brand find the brain usually mounted on top of the a/c ducting on the drivers side above the steering wheel. yank it ( check and make sure your car starts before you clean up) and look up a tech forum for that brand www. the12volt.com is very informative. this will help you out more than anything. its incredibly hard to do an over the phone diagnosis so to speak unless you are in the cars everyday putting them in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement