08 Civic Speaker Questions - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

08 Civic Speaker Questions

I just bought an 08 Civic LX coupe and it has the base model system. It has 6 speakers (6.5" front and rear/ 2 tweeters in the dash) rated at 160 watts. The system pretty much sucks to say sum it up! I am thinking of upgrading the door and rear speakers. I also have a JL 12W3 sitting in the garage that I was thinking of putting to use.

What I am trying to accomplish:
1. I want a good system that I can really crank up without distortion
2. I want to use the stock h/u and make it everything look stock from inside the car.
3. I don't want a ton of bass. So the JL would probably be set on minimal settings and I want the car speakers to provide quality mids and highs.

Please tell me what do you think about the set up. I'm not wanting anything overly high priced. I'm hoping a good set of door and rear speakers will work well the JL putting out roughly 400 watts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 AM
LUCIFER

I went with Polk Audio fronts and rears but kept my factory tweeters running off my Pioneer HU. My mids-highs sound great, and I have a single Kicker CompVr 10in sub for my bass.

I got the Polk's off ebay, brand new I paid $120 for both shipped!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Time Served

The OEM head unit is the cause of your crappy sound. Your sound is only as good as the source. You will be guaranteed distortion using the stock H/U. Many people think upgrading the speakers will solve the problem, it usually just masks the problem.

You can take a system with a good headunit, stock speakers, and an aftermarket sub and make it sound 10x better than a OEM headunit with upgraded speakers and an amp running off a LOC.

My suggestion is upgrade the headunit, add your sub. With proper set-up will be what your looking for.

FYI...I professionally installed car audio for 8 years, so I'm not just spouting off "I can read a magazine" opinion.

2009 Night train

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:19 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50lx
I just bought an 08 Civic LX coupe and it has the base model system. It has 6 speakers (6.5" front and rear/ 2 tweeters in the dash) rated at 160 watts. The system pretty much sucks to say sum it up! I am thinking of upgrading the door and rear speakers. I also have a JL 12W3 sitting in the garage that I was thinking of putting to use.

What I am trying to accomplish:
1. I want a good system that I can really crank up without distortion
2. I want to use the stock h/u and make it everything look stock from inside the car.
3. I don't want a ton of bass. So the JL would probably be set on minimal settings and I want the car speakers to provide quality mids and highs.

Please tell me what do you think about the set up. I'm not wanting anything overly high priced. I'm hoping a good set of door and rear speakers will work well the JL putting out roughly 400 watts.
#1 requires lots of quality power and quality components.
#2 is no problem but at the very least, I would use an Audio Control interface like an LC7.
#3 is no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement