Just picked up an AVIC z2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
you stinky bitch

Just picked up an AVIC z2

I just picked up an avic z2 for a pretty decent price, less than half of retail. Any of you installers know the trick to the bypass on these? I found one and it is suggesting overwriting some of the files in the hd and grounding a couple of wires...

Best something in Texas.... just don't know what it is yet....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:14 PM
yes, jluv

For my Alpines, I've always used the PAC-TR7. For some head units, you can simply ground the brake wire(s). Sorry, but I don't know which, if either, will work for your Pioneer. Good luck!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
you stinky bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
For my Alpines, I've always used the PAC-TR7. For some head units, you can simply ground the brake wire(s). Sorry, but I don't know which, if either, will work for your Pioneer. Good luck!

apparently the pioneer has some sort of files in the software that makes the nav work that can tell if the car is moving and will shut you out of a few features until you come to a stop again. Not that I need to be doing any of this stuff while moving but a passenger can if need be and I just hate being locked out of anything...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline 6
apparently the pioneer has some sort of files in the software that makes the nav work that can tell if the car is moving and will shut you out of a few features until you come to a stop again. Not that I need to be doing any of this stuff while moving but a passenger can if need be and I just hate being locked out of anything...
That's bunk. There has to be a way to get around it.

Check out the caraudio.com forums. Just like here, lots of dipshits, but somebody will have some good info.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:39 PM
dead

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
you stinky bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion

Thats the thread that I found earlier. If I understand it correctly there are 2 ways to do it. You have to either unlock the drive which I have not found out how to do yet and also have some sort of way to hook the drive up to your home PC. There is a adapter to usb that I will pick up if I have to. The drive is easily accessible even once the unit is installed. You just flip the face down and there it is, Remove 2 screws and pull it out.

Or.....

Just burn an .ISO file to cd and run it and do a soft reset....

sounds easy enough. I was more or less looking for someone who has done it before.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement