TV Stands: Cheap design or consumer. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

TV Stands: Cheap design or consumer.

Every stand that I've seen at BB & Fry's just looks cheap to me. I mean, when did a couple of shelves start to cost several hundred? Am I looking in the wrong places, or is that the market?

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Check out Conns...they have some nice Bella (I believe thats the brand) but they are pricey. I bought a cheap stand there and my tv sits on a stand...it doesnt hang. TV stands are not cheap. Depending on the TV, make sure you get something sturdy..dont want a $2000 tv falling over.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM
dead

hang on wall or bust.

walmarts shit is fine.
i suppose ikea too... if you can stomach going in that store.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
TV stands are not cheap. Depending on the TV, make sure you get something sturdy..dont want a $2000 tv falling over.
Good point. It's just hard for me the fathom spending several hundred on something that looks like it was made in some highschool wood shop class.

"The problem with doing nothing is you never know when your finished."
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-95GT
Good point. It's just hard for me the fathom spending several hundred on something that looks like it was made in some highschool wood shop class.

You shouldn't! That sounds like Walmart and Target crap. The stuff I see at BB and CC usually starts around $250 and is made of glass and metal. Most of them are simple, but very sturdy, and in my opinion they aren't bad looking. I think I gave $330 for mine and it's very sharp and modern looking, all black chrome and black glass. It holds my 73" DLP and several other components with ease, and even has a place to run all the wires so they are completely hidden. I personally couldn't justify spending $500+ on something comparable, but $300-ish is probably about right nowadays. I'm with you - the wood stuff just seems cheap and outdated.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 07:36 AM

CJ, i used to be a Bell'O dealer. I have some old stock still left in a warehouse. Not many pieces, but a few. some selling at $1800-$2500 each piece. Depending on what your looking for. I may have something left. And believe me the Bello is not cheap stuff. And looks really nice. Anyway. If i have something you like, i would make you a heck of a deal. $200-$600 at the most for the nicest i have. You would need to pick up. you need a truck for sure. All new still in boxes. Anyway if your interested shoot me over a PM and ill forward you my number, or drop me your number and ill call you. And if anyone else if interested please pm me.
thanks
Dman
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 10:56 AM
B-WIZ

Location: There's a huge chance I've been registered longer than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-95GT
Every stand that I've seen at BB & Fry's just looks cheap to me. I mean, when did a couple of shelves start to cost several hundred? Am I looking in the wrong places, or is that the market?

They are EXTREMELY cheap. There is a BBY motto; "If its made of wood... the margin is good."

With employee discount I cant get most of those stands at best buy for anywhere between 25-150 dollars excluding any magnolia products.

I would shop somewhere else and find it cheaper if I were you.

DFWSTANGS: just a jump-the-gun, criticize and judge-all-before-you-know-shit, racists, extremist, whats-a-mustang?, internet forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement