Dish network rant - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Dish network rant

Okay, their product is great 99% of the time. Unfortunately that 1% happened to fall during the superbowl last year. Anyways I got ticked off after having to watch the big game in SD and them having the nerve to randomly raise my rate so I decided to switch back to the great satan (cable).

Well anyways they want their receivers back, even the HD-DVR one that I paid $200 for a couple of years ago. I'm taking it in the ass on that one, nothing you can do about it. So they send me two empty boxes to send their receivers back but there is a small problem, only 1 shipping label.

So now nearly 2 months later after talking with 4 different customer service reps I still haven't received the other shipping label, the latest of which prior to tonight was last Friday when they had a customer retention agent call me (whom I also complained to about not having a return shipping label).

Onto today's festivities. I checked my credit card account and see a $700 charge from them, go ape shit temporarily and decide to call them yet again. I found out there is a $57 late fee pending as well on top of the $700 (it's for local taxes on the receivers). Anyways, I demanded they overnight a return shipping label so hopefully I'll see it Wednesday.

Just be forewarned, even if they screw up it's going to cost you money. To hell with them all, I'm thinking about hooking up the antenna and sticking with Netflix for movies. God I wish FIOS was available or even Uverse.
BP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Lifer
 
2K2 LS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: HOA Hell!!!!
Posts: 7,148
Brandy complain to the BBB
2K2 LS1 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:54 AM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
the BBB is worthless. i bet they already have a shit ton of negative complaints against them and I bet so does every tv provider.

send a formal letter threatening legal action to their legal department.
good luck. i hate that organized cluster fuck that is dish network.
momo stallion is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
I have hated them since they sent contractors out to install their service and fubared that up.

They have since sent out another technician after arguing with them for hours since I did not have any reception, even on clear days.

Another funny thing... I was the one on the phone doing the ordering in the beginning. We used my roommates social so there wouldn't be any problem. I guess the agent on the phone got confused and put the name on the account, "Brain Rae". Even though my first name is Brien and my roommates last name is Rae.. which is still not my roommates full name.
Skidmark is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
FTA = good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Full tilt boogie !!
 
Txstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: out yonder way
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Okay, their product is great 99% of the time. Unfortunately that 1% happened to fall during the superbowl last year. Anyways I got ticked off after having to watch the big game in SD and them having the nerve to randomly raise my rate so I decided to switch back to the great satan (cable).

Well anyways they want their receivers back, even the HD-DVR one that I paid $200 for a couple of years ago. I'm taking it in the ass on that one, nothing you can do about it. So they send me two empty boxes to send their receivers back but there is a small problem, only 1 shipping label.

So now nearly 2 months later after talking with 4 different customer service reps I still haven't received the other shipping label, the latest of which prior to tonight was last Friday when they had a customer retention agent call me (whom I also complained to about not having a return shipping label).

Onto today's festivities. I checked my credit card account and see a $700 charge from them, go ape shit temporarily and decide to call them yet again. I found out there is a $57 late fee pending as well on top of the $700 (it's for local taxes on the receivers). Anyways, I demanded they overnight a return shipping label so hopefully I'll see it Wednesday.

Just be forewarned, even if they screw up it's going to cost you money. To hell with them all, I'm thinking about hooking up the antenna and sticking with Netflix for movies. God I wish FIOS was available or even Uverse.
That sucks.....they sound like a credit card company.

I just switched to fios. Direct TV told me all four receivers are mine to with as I please.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.


Txstang1 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1
That sucks.....they sound like a credit card company.

I just switched to fios. Direct TV told me all four receivers are mine to with as I please.
Yeah I've got 3 Direct TV receivers. I got a call once asking if I still had "their" equipment to which I responded no.

Got two more boxes today and at least one more shipping label, they'll be going out tomorrow.

Oh yeah, they expected me to climb up on the roof and take down their LNB. If they want it back they can come get it.
BP is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Pushed to the limit
 
PWTRTXSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In the shadow of a big mountain
Posts: 4,510
All of a sudden I don't feel so guilty for testing their equipment for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
FTA = good

Buying dogs kills.
PWTRTXSS is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Custom Title
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Hades who?
Posts: 16,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I have hated them since they sent contractors out to install their service and fubared that up.

They have since sent out another technician after arguing with them for hours since I did not have any reception, even on clear days.

Another funny thing... I was the one on the phone doing the ordering in the beginning. We used my roommates social so there wouldn't be any problem. I guess the agent on the phone got confused and put the name on the account, "Brain Rae". Even though my first name is Brien and my roommates last name is Rae.. which is still not my roommates full name.

If you use his last name, you are commmon law married!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time



Yellowstang is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Something similar like that happened to me. They wanted me to get on my roof and retrieve the LNB. Since I was getting a new roof in a couple of weeks, I decided to let the roofers get it down. With out warning, Dish charged $600+ dollars to my card for the LNB and two DVR's. When I called them, the rep said that I did not have to get the LNB if it was difficult and credited $200 to my card. However, they kept the remaining amount on my card until they recieved the equipment and entered it into there inventory, which took about a month.
J&T's 82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome