Dish network rant - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

Dish network rant

Okay, their product is great 99% of the time. Unfortunately that 1% happened to fall during the superbowl last year. Anyways I got ticked off after having to watch the big game in SD and them having the nerve to randomly raise my rate so I decided to switch back to the great satan (cable).

Well anyways they want their receivers back, even the HD-DVR one that I paid $200 for a couple of years ago. I'm taking it in the ass on that one, nothing you can do about it. So they send me two empty boxes to send their receivers back but there is a small problem, only 1 shipping label.

So now nearly 2 months later after talking with 4 different customer service reps I still haven't received the other shipping label, the latest of which prior to tonight was last Friday when they had a customer retention agent call me (whom I also complained to about not having a return shipping label).

Onto today's festivities. I checked my credit card account and see a $700 charge from them, go ape shit temporarily and decide to call them yet again. I found out there is a $57 late fee pending as well on top of the $700 (it's for local taxes on the receivers). Anyways, I demanded they overnight a return shipping label so hopefully I'll see it Wednesday.

Just be forewarned, even if they screw up it's going to cost you money. To hell with them all, I'm thinking about hooking up the antenna and sticking with Netflix for movies. God I wish FIOS was available or even Uverse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Lifer

Brandy complain to the BBB
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:54 AM
dead

the BBB is worthless. i bet they already have a shit ton of negative complaints against them and I bet so does every tv provider.

send a formal letter threatening legal action to their legal department.
good luck. i hate that organized cluster fuck that is dish network.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Packin' up...

I have hated them since they sent contractors out to install their service and fubared that up.

They have since sent out another technician after arguing with them for hours since I did not have any reception, even on clear days.

Another funny thing... I was the one on the phone doing the ordering in the beginning. We used my roommates social so there wouldn't be any problem. I guess the agent on the phone got confused and put the name on the account, "Brain Rae". Even though my first name is Brien and my roommates last name is Rae.. which is still not my roommates full name.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Custom User Title

FTA = good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Okay, their product is great 99% of the time. Unfortunately that 1% happened to fall during the superbowl last year. Anyways I got ticked off after having to watch the big game in SD and them having the nerve to randomly raise my rate so I decided to switch back to the great satan (cable).

Well anyways they want their receivers back, even the HD-DVR one that I paid $200 for a couple of years ago. I'm taking it in the ass on that one, nothing you can do about it. So they send me two empty boxes to send their receivers back but there is a small problem, only 1 shipping label.

So now nearly 2 months later after talking with 4 different customer service reps I still haven't received the other shipping label, the latest of which prior to tonight was last Friday when they had a customer retention agent call me (whom I also complained to about not having a return shipping label).

Onto today's festivities. I checked my credit card account and see a $700 charge from them, go ape shit temporarily and decide to call them yet again. I found out there is a $57 late fee pending as well on top of the $700 (it's for local taxes on the receivers). Anyways, I demanded they overnight a return shipping label so hopefully I'll see it Wednesday.

Just be forewarned, even if they screw up it's going to cost you money. To hell with them all, I'm thinking about hooking up the antenna and sticking with Netflix for movies. God I wish FIOS was available or even Uverse.
That sucks.....they sound like a credit card company.

I just switched to fios. Direct TV told me all four receivers are mine to with as I please.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1
That sucks.....they sound like a credit card company.

I just switched to fios. Direct TV told me all four receivers are mine to with as I please.
Yeah I've got 3 Direct TV receivers. I got a call once asking if I still had "their" equipment to which I responded no.

Got two more boxes today and at least one more shipping label, they'll be going out tomorrow.

Oh yeah, they expected me to climb up on the roof and take down their LNB. If they want it back they can come get it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Pushed to the limit

All of a sudden I don't feel so guilty for testing their equipment for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercobra03
FTA = good

Buying dogs kills.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
I have hated them since they sent contractors out to install their service and fubared that up.

They have since sent out another technician after arguing with them for hours since I did not have any reception, even on clear days.

Another funny thing... I was the one on the phone doing the ordering in the beginning. We used my roommates social so there wouldn't be any problem. I guess the agent on the phone got confused and put the name on the account, "Brain Rae". Even though my first name is Brien and my roommates last name is Rae.. which is still not my roommates full name.

If you use his last name, you are commmon law married!

They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Clown

Something similar like that happened to me. They wanted me to get on my roof and retrieve the LNB. Since I was getting a new roof in a couple of weeks, I decided to let the roofers get it down. With out warning, Dish charged $600+ dollars to my card for the LNB and two DVR's. When I called them, the rep said that I did not have to get the LNB if it was difficult and credited $200 to my card. However, they kept the remaining amount on my card until they recieved the equipment and entered it into there inventory, which took about a month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement