Alpine IVA-W505 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Alpine IVA-W505

Anyone seen one yet? I talked to an Alpine tech today, says its supposed to come out next month, just curious if anyone had any literature or links on it, cause Alpine doesn't even show it yet.

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Colorado Dreamin'

April?

That's what EW says anyways:

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347488

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 08:10 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro...Cat_010308.pdf

We were allowed to preorder them last week. Still not available yet.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro...Cat_010308.pdf

We were allowed to preorder them last week. Still not available yet.
Thanks for the new catalog link!

Couple questions, is the KTP-445 worth a shit? That would be awesome to add on to my race car, that way I can keep it light and still be able to hear the radio over the motor... does the IXA-D100 (part #?) have a cd player built in or no?

Also, since the W505 is Imprint Tech, will it only work with the PXA-H100 and not the older bad ass 400? I have a 400 new in a box I havent used yet, and wouldn't want to get a 505 and not be able to use it.

If it won't work, I'll keep my W200 and use the better processor for better SQ instead of having a larger screen and a couple neat iPod feature sets.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
does the IXA-D100 (part #?) have a cd player built in or no?
Negative. Just radio and iPod.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 06:47 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Also, since the W505 is Imprint Tech, will it only work with the PXA-H100 and not the older bad ass 400? I have a 400 new in a box I havent used yet, and wouldn't want to get a 505 and not be able to use it.

If it won't work, I'll keep my W200 and use the better processor for better SQ instead of having a larger screen and a couple neat iPod feature sets.
Does your processor have Ai-Net and an optical input? I know Eric checked with Alpine and they said the 505 has an optical output, so theoretically it should work. I'm in the same boat. I'd love to get the new unit, but only if it will work with my H701.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Does your processor have Ai-Net and an optical input? I know Eric checked with Alpine and they said the 505 has an optical output, so theoretically it should work. I'm in the same boat. I'd love to get the new unit, but only if it will work with my H701.
yes it's last years 5.1 processor with the phantom imaging etc...

sorry its a H700, its the same year as my W200, prob same as a 701.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:24 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Thanks for the new catalog link!

Couple questions, is the KTP-445 worth a shit? That would be awesome to add on to my race car, that way I can keep it light and still be able to hear the radio over the motor... does the IXA-D100 (part #?) have a cd player built in or no?

KTP-445 has not shipped yet. I'll assume it will be significantly more power than the deck without having to use a real amp.

IDA-X100 is Ai-Net so you can add lots of stuff but no built in CD.

700 processor should work but you never know. May not have all functions.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 11:30 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
Okay, I volunteer my truck to be a test vehicle. Just let me keep the 505 when you're done!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
KTP-445 has not shipped yet. I'll assume it will be significantly more power than the deck without having to use a real amp.

IDA-X100 is Ai-Net so you can add lots of stuff but no built in CD.

Are they going to make a new processor that is better than the 101? That thing only has a 7 band EQ... Imprint FTL! I want control of my junk, they should come out with something better if the older 700/701 won't work properly right?

Orange 08 Corvette
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:17 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Are they going to make a new processor that is better than the 101? That thing only has a 7 band EQ... Imprint FTL! I want control of my junk, they should come out with something better if the older 700/701 won't work properly right?

I bet it will work. My fingers are crossed.

If not, don't be so sure that they will come out with something better. I'd imagine they would be getting behind their new baby (Imprint) pretty strong. It's probably a better option for the masses. I'd really like to hear a good system that's using Imprint and see how it compares.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
I bet it will work. My fingers are crossed.

If not, don't be so sure that they will come out with something better. I'd imagine they would be getting behind their new baby (Imprint) pretty strong. It's probably a better option for the masses. I'd really like to hear a good system that's using Imprint and see how it compares.
Ill stick to my crappy 200 and better processor... that's where you can dial in the sound if you know what you are doing.

maybe Ill get the 505 later on for a different car.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Just spoke with Alpine...

He said the 700 and 701 would work with the 505 and actually sound better in the user programmable mode than the 100 will. That being said, he said the 100 with the Imprint technology custom taylors 500 BANDS! to the car's interior automaticaly vs the 31 on the 700/701, so it would sound better in the Imprint mode than the older processor. He also said the H100 is NOT surround sound capable.

Just a quick update "from the horses mouth" so to speak.

Im going to get the add on amp, and roll with that and the 200/700 for now, get a 505 and 100 later when i get another car... at that time they may have a 507 and 101 or something lol.

Orange 08 Corvette
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 03:17 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
He said the 700 and 701 would work with the 505 and actually sound better in the user programmable mode than the 100 will. That being said, he said the 100 with the Imprint technology custom taylors 500 BANDS! to the car's interior automaticaly vs the 31 on the 700/701, so it would sound better in the Imprint mode than the older processor. He also said the H100 is NOT surround sound capable.

Just a quick update "from the horses mouth" so to speak.

Im going to get the add on amp, and roll with that and the 200/700 for now, get a 505 and 100 later when i get another car... at that time they may have a 507 and 101 or something lol.
That's why I want to hear the Imprint stuff in action, ideally in a setup similar to mine, to compare the sound to what I'm currently achieving with my 205/701 combo.

5.1 is nice, but I don't have a center channel, and the output is significantly lower in 5.1 mode than stereo mode when playing a lot of the concert DVDs I have, which in turn leads to me just choosing stereo playback anyway. So I think I could live without that function.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement