Onkyo TX-SR705?? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In texas where else?
Posts: 93
Onkyo TX-SR705??

Anyone have any experiances with this receiver? Im looking to put an entire home audio system in my house. Im wanting thats THX certified, and this one has THX2. Does Lexicon make any home audio anymore, I've only seen a few homes Lexicon amps and whatnot.

1999 Pewter Metalic T/A. M6 TDP stg 2, 6.0L LS2 heads, Comp hardend pushrods, MS3 cam, Harland Sharp 1.7 rr, LS2 cloyes timing chain, FAST92 combo, UD pullies, PRC dual valve springs, full length sfc, LCA's, adjustable phb, Torque arm, Richmond 4:10, all done and tuned by Simple Quick Racing.

www.fquick.com/avengedws6
avengedgt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Pink Taco KILLA!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,175
Very nice unit for the money. Ive been looking at upgrading to that one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
Beenfetchedlately is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Plano
Posts: 711
Just got one last week from shoponkyo.com. I bought a refurb of the 705 for $475 shipped.

It was $499 w/ 10% off and I had some 'club onkyo points' I could use from registering other onkyo products that I had.

HDMI upconvert/pass through is a freaking wet dream. It makes everything so much easier when you can just plug everything into the receiver and then run one hdmi to the tv.

I'm only running 2 fronts and a center (all 3 polks) right now but it sounds really good. I had a tx-sr600 before and don't notice a large difference in audio quality but the feature set of the 705 is far far superior.

'01 Bullitt #0054
bullitt54 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt54
Just got one last week from shoponkyo.com. I bought a refurb of the 705 for $475 shipped.

It was $499 w/ 10% off and I had some 'club onkyo points' I could use from registering other onkyo products that I had.

HDMI upconvert/pass through is a freaking wet dream. It makes everything so much easier when you can just plug everything into the receiver and then run one hdmi to the tv.

I'm only running 2 fronts and a center (all 3 polks) right now but it sounds really good. I had a tx-sr600 before and don't notice a large difference in audio quality but the feature set of the 705 is far far superior.
How many HDMI inputs does it have?
jluv is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengedgt
Anyone have any experiances with this receiver? Im looking to put an entire home audio system in my house. Im wanting thats THX certified, and this one has THX2. Does Lexicon make any home audio anymore, I've only seen a few homes Lexicon amps and whatnot.
My father replaced his Lexicon with an Anthem Logic and it's a great fucking piece of hardware!

I'm still rockin a 1990's H/K, but I'm not pushing much power, so it's suitable for what I have currently, but not anything I want to keep around for a lot longer.

Geor! is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Pink Taco KILLA!
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
How many HDMI inputs does it have?
I think it has 3 inputs/1 output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
Beenfetchedlately is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Plano
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenfetchedlately
I think it has 3 inputs/1 output.
correct

'01 Bullitt #0054
bullitt54 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In texas where else?
Posts: 93
thanks, I think I have my mind set on the 705 now, thanks.

1999 Pewter Metalic T/A. M6 TDP stg 2, 6.0L LS2 heads, Comp hardend pushrods, MS3 cam, Harland Sharp 1.7 rr, LS2 cloyes timing chain, FAST92 combo, UD pullies, PRC dual valve springs, full length sfc, LCA's, adjustable phb, Torque arm, Richmond 4:10, all done and tuned by Simple Quick Racing.

www.fquick.com/avengedws6
avengedgt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome