microsoft zune - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

microsoft zune

heres the deal ive gone through about my 4th ipod in as many years, im kinda tired if dealing with them i was wondering about the zune and what u guys thought about it

93 coupe 351/t56

In the words of President Teddy Roosevelt, " We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

ive never been good at keeping directions i believe schedules are one of lifes worst infections

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE THE PATRON STATE OF SHOOTIN STUFF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Lifer

I have the older 30GB version. It has always been a great mp3 player for me, and with the new software update the release in November, it has all the features of the new Zune's. It does a good job with your own MP3's, and a good job with podcasts. If you can find a 30GB version, it is the best deal going.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Lifer

Also, one thing I can think of that I don't like, is the shuffle mode. It doesn't shuffle very well. I will get back to back to back of the same artist. I have over 5000 mp3's on my zune, but it seems to play the same artists over and over.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Yes.....its a V6.

I also have the bulky 30gig, I have one and I bought my wife one. I have had no issues what so ever with them (i have only had them since Aug). Sounds great and easy to operate

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Lifer

If you have destroyed 4 ipods' I don't think a zune is going to be any better. Might try treating your stuff better.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Cool Jr
Also, one thing I can think of that I don't like, is the shuffle mode. It doesn't shuffle very well. I will get back to back to back of the same artist. I have over 5000 mp3's on my zune, but it seems to play the same artists over and over.
i thought it was just me, but my zune doesnt shuffle for shit either...

but i do like it alot better than my ipod...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Time Served

I just got the 80gb Zune and I love it. I like that it has a larger screen than the 80gb ipod. It's a little thicker than the ipod but I am really happy with it.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej
If you have destroyed 4 ipods' I don't think a zune is going to be any better. Might try treating your stuff better.
I had 3 iPods die on me becuase of "hardware" issues...finally said fuck it and got a zune and haven't had a problem since.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
I had 3 iPods die on me becuase of "hardware" issues...finally said fuck it and got a zune and haven't had a problem since.

Good luck. I just recently joined the Ipod nation. I have had several others over the years, the last one I bought was a Sony 20gb 2 years ago, worked great, still does was just ready for a new one, so I bought an Ipod. I like it so far, hopefully I get a few years out of it and I will happy.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 03:56 PM
emg
Time Served

i have the 80g, its great, easy to get pics and videos on there....
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

thanks for the input yall , as far as taking care of something better i dont really see how the somebitches stay in my pocket or in my truck all day my guess is he heat kills the ipods i dont know they just come up with that picture of an unhappy ipod and wont do shit

93 coupe 351/t56

In the words of President Teddy Roosevelt, " We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

ive never been good at keeping directions i believe schedules are one of lifes worst infections

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE THE PATRON STATE OF SHOOTIN STUFF
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

i dunno whats with all the ipod problems? we have a first gen that still works great

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyh0rse
thanks for the input yall , as far as taking care of something better i dont really see how the somebitches stay in my pocket or in my truck all day my guess is he heat kills the ipods i dont know they just come up with that picture of an unhappy ipod and wont do shit

extreme heat and cold is not exactly good for any electronics. I know I am guilty of it too, atleast with my old sony MP3 player. After spending $250 on a damn ipod I always take that thing out of the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement