Piecing it together

Bought in order since Nov last year
Pioneer Elite vsx-81txv
52" mag lcd flat panel
ps3 for the blu ray
Klipsch rsw12 (badboy)
Sony bdp-s500
Martin Logan Clarity

So far, i think it sounds pretty saweeeeeeet. The martin logans have very clear separation. Awesome for music. I havent watched ne movie on it yet but i cant wait. Looking for some surrounds, rear, and a center channel all to match the Martin Logans.
Ill post pics when i organize my setup

This shiznit is getting pretty damn expensive. Retail value says i spent roughly $8850. But thats not the case here. I've found deals at pawn shops and GREAT deals at some retail stores for all under 4700. Not a bad price for the equipment i have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Iamwaxman!

Now you're gonna make me add up all of my costs This could get depressing
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Iamwaxman!

Crap

Over $14k not including cables And we all know how expensive those freaking cables are

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

LOL yea thats pretty expensive. Is that price what u paid or retail price? I know im gonna be up there with u when im complete.

Im needing wires myself but im waiting til i have all the speakers b4 i purchase any.

Let me ask a question.... is optical better then hdmi? I know i can do a search but im a lil lazy this morning.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Iamwaxman!

No. HDMI is better if you have the equiptment for it.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:04 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
Crap

Over $14k not including cables And we all know how expensive those freaking cables are
You and my dad would get along great. He's probably spent over 100k on stereo shit in his lifetime. His current incarnation is quite impressive.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Iamwaxman!

I hate seeing other peoples equiptment. Makes me want to buy more
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

you should get a hold of the guy who owns Thunder Audio. He has a badass home theater setup. One big ass flat screen on wall too. Anyway i know they have been clearing out alot of home stuff way cheap and really high end. Said they are not stocking lines anymore for home, only order as needed. My buddy bought some speakers and sub from them on clearance. Was like $7k retail for the set, think he paid somewhere near $800-$1200. Then he paid them to come out and run wiring so it was all hidden with cool ass wall plates and stuff. And holy crap his setup rocked, and the speakers were amazing. I give him shit, because speakers came with some special gloves to wear to handle them. I dont know number right off, but think his handle here is dman. Think some people know him here, so might want to do a search, name is dennis.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstang1
you should get a hold of the guy who owns Thunder Audio. He has a badass home theater setup. One big ass flat screen on wall too. Anyway i know they have been clearing out alot of home stuff way cheap and really high end. Said they are not stocking lines anymore for home, only order as needed. My buddy bought some speakers and sub from them on clearance. Was like $7k retail for the set, think he paid somewhere near $800-$1200. Then he paid them to come out and run wiring so it was all hidden with cool ass wall plates and stuff. And holy crap his setup rocked, and the speakers were amazing. I give him shit, because speakers came with some special gloves to wear to handle them. I dont know number right off, but think his handle here is dman. Think some people know him here, so might want to do a search, name is dennis.

Great first post

Anybody smell fish?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

dude, not my first post. well i guess you can say that, since it doesnt show where i had a few things for sale(mustang parts). Not looking for a argument here, just seen posting and was commenting on it. Everyone talking about good deals.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstang1
dude, not my first post. well i guess you can say that, since it doesnt show where i had a few things for sale(mustang parts). Not looking for a argument here, just seen posting and was commenting on it. Everyone talking about good deals.

ok
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

heres some pics. havent really wired properly.... just placed the things where i thought it would be. Yea i know i need a center channel. lol

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 11:00 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

You like those electostats?

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

They are very detailed. I personally like a smooth soft sound. but for the price i couldnt resist. Im happy with them. Im sure they will sound great with movies

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam
This shiznit is getting pretty damn expensive. Retail value says i spent roughly $8850. But thats not the case here. I've found deals at pawn shops and GREAT deals at some retail stores for all under 4700. Not a bad price for the equipment i have.
Could you recommend a pawn shop or a few to hit up since im about to start looking for home equipment soon?

Finally got a Cobra
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Founding Member

Martins are nice. I have all Klipsch reference series with a SvS sub.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Ive it up doc holidays in west side fort worth. U might not see much there cause im right down the street. There is also a place off of 30 and mac aurthor in mesquite. Iunno the name but its freaking hugh. I also like shopping at cash america pawn. But really just hit up ne pawn shops. They put things on the shelves everyday. I also picked up some things from the ppl taking things up to the pawn shop.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Lifer

Magnavox?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Magnavox?
yes sir

Sponsored Links
Advertisement