Directv Question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Army Strong

Directv Question

Hey guys, need some help here. I have directv but no phone line. Directv says you have to have a phone line to be able to order movies. And if you don't, you have to call them or do it online. I don't use a land line so I don't have one. This being said, I used to able to buy movies without the phone line even being plugged into the reciever via the remote. I was still getting billed for the movies so it wasn't like I was stealing them or anything. One day I tried to buy a movie and it told me the phone line wasn't plugged in. When I called Directv they said I should have never been able to do that. Has anyone else ever been able to buy movies with just your remote? And if you did/still do, how are you doing it. Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
There are two kinds of people in this world son, those that jerk off and those that lie about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Weird, cuz I'd rather be out on the streets sucking dick for crack than working!
http://www.phoenixtears.ca/ Cancer cure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:08 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodriven
Hey guys, need some help here. I have directv but no phone line. Directv says you have to have a phone line to be able to order movies. And if you don't, you have to call them or do it online. I don't use a land line so I don't have one. This being said, I used to able to buy movies without the phone line even being plugged into the reciever via the remote. I was still getting billed for the movies so it wasn't like I was stealing them or anything. One day I tried to buy a movie and it told me the phone line wasn't plugged in. When I called Directv they said I should have never been able to do that. Has anyone else ever been able to buy movies with just your remote? And if you did/still do, how are you doing it. Thanks for the help.

havent bought a movie in forever but i didnt have a phone line either and it used to work.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Lifer

It should work through the remote and no phone line (I don't have a phone line attached to my receivers), but the last time I tried it the purchase never went through nor did the PPV selection come on. Since then I've ordered them online with no problems.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Army Strong

I guess I'm too lazy to get up and use the internet and if you call them, they charge you an extra $1.50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
There are two kinds of people in this world son, those that jerk off and those that lie about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
Weird, cuz I'd rather be out on the streets sucking dick for crack than working!
http://www.phoenixtears.ca/ Cancer cure.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Lifer

Yeah, the seem to have disabled that. I actually bought a PPV event once (about a year ago) through the remote and I never got billed for it. I wonder if they had some billing issues and couldn't bill properly so they disabled it ???

--wes
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Lifer

That's what happened in my case I think. I remember ordering two HD PPV movies with the remote and sending in a voucher for them. I was given a credit for each voucher but wasn't billed for the movies.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
That's what happened in my case I think. I remember ordering two HD PPV movies with the remote and sending in a voucher for them. I was given a credit for each voucher but wasn't billed for the movies.

Mine was a UFC event....that bitch was $44.99 ....I definitely would have noticed it.

--wes
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Lifer

It used to be that the PPV stuff would be added to your card inside of your receiver. Then during the nightly call, it would update your account by sending in the PPV events that you ordered. So if you didn't/don't have a phone line, the items should queue up on the card. The queue is only so big however, and when it's full you will no longer be able to order any more PPV until the receiver is able to complete a call to DirecTV.

I can't remember the size of the queue, but I thought it was around 5-10 items.

Chambers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement