anyone here do tv repair? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
dead

anyone here do tv repair?

my parents have a 43" hitachi ultravision. its about 5-6 years old, 4:3, 720p.

i had a few warranty repairs done on it. both were regarding the convergence being slightly off. a guy came out, took the front panel off and brought up a service menu and fixed the convergence in multiple points.

unfortunately when i moved out i didnt take care of the 1 more warranty to force the tv to be replaced. now the warranty is out on the tv and all of a sudden the convergence went off by a good solid inch.

something seems seriously wrong with it now, probably not something that can be fixed just by reseting the convergence, but probably related to the board. turns out hitachi had a few rough years around 01-02 with that problem.

so anyone here do repair? know someone that wont rip them off?

thanks in advance,
mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Lifer

I don't know anyone that I would refer, but I would obviously say that as cheap as new TV's are these days, don't spend much more than a bill or 2 to get it fixed.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
dead

i went over there this morning. wound up downloaded the service manual for the tv. open the front of the tv managed to reset the convergence. i spend about an hour tweaking the convergence on a 13x9 grid (so 117 pts).

the corners of the tv feel rounded and the convergence is hard to set but the rest of the tv is perfect again.

this should hold them over for a few months till i find them a hell of a deal. i'll get rid of their furniture and tv and get them a 50" plasma for the wall. they will be fine with 720p.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
I don't know anyone that I would refer, but I would obviously say that as cheap as new TV's are these days, don't spend much more than a bill or 2 to get it fixed.

my feelings exactly. luckily i was able to get it good enough again to continue using.

thank god for the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement