Bulb vs LED DLP TVs - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Old School

Bulb vs LED DLP TVs

I had heard the first run of LED DLPs had some issues. Anyone have some insight into this? Im about to get a 56 or 61 inch Samsung.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
I had heard the first run of LED DLPs had some issues. Anyone have some insight into this? Im about to get a 56 or 61 inch Samsung.

For the extra 500 bucks or so it was when I bought my regular DLP 56" Samsung 1080P unit, it was around 800 bucks to replace the LED unit and they got no longer lifespan then the regular bulbs. In time they may come down.

FWIW, I have a twin to my TV in the living room, I bought for the bedroom. Still new in box. Im past my return policy time to return it to Best Buy.

I'll let it go for $1500 cash.

HL-T5676S is the model number.

If you want to watch the twin to it on my PS3 or with a blue ray we can arrange that too.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenfetchedlately
For the extra 500 bucks or so it was when I bought my regular DLP 56" Samsung 1080P unit, it was around 800 bucks to replace the LED unit and they got no longer lifespan then the regular bulbs. In time they may come down.

FWIW, I have a twin to my TV in the living room, I bought for the bedroom. Still new in box. Im past my return policy time to return it to Best Buy.

I'll let it go for $1500 cash.

HL-T5676S is the model number.

If you want to watch the twin to it on my PS3 or with a blue ray we can arrange that too.

Mike
That's the same TV we just bought and we love it. Great picture, 3 HDMI inputs, super thin for a DLP (like 11" deep). We saw an open box at Best Buy about 2 weeks ago for $1,700 (plus tax).. $1,500 sounds like a decent price. BluRay (and PS3 in general) is amazing on this TV.

They are $1,899 on BB's site..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1173577986549

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili
That's the same TV we just bought and we love it. Great picture, 3 HDMI inputs, super thin for a DLP (like 11" deep). We saw an open box at Best Buy about 2 weeks ago for $1,700 (plus tax).. $1,500 sounds like a decent price. BluRay (and PS3 in general) is amazing on this TV.

They are $1,899 on BB's site..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1173577986549

Yep. This TV is very pimp. Im off til Jan 2 08 so Im about to pop in Ghost Rider on the Blue Ray and watch it.

Quote:
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenfetchedlately
Yep. This TV is very pimp. Im off til Jan 2 08 so Im about to pop in Ghost Rider on the Blue Ray and watch it.
We only have Spiderman (free with the PS3) and 300 so far, but they both look great. We're waiting on our 5 free disks in the mail. Even regular DVD's look awesome though, with it upconverting. We were watching Gladiator last night and it looked nearly as good as the BD's did.

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Gunga galunga

There seem to be a lot of issues with the LED samsungs...Search on avsforums for the models you're looking at first

For rear projection I would check out the Sony A3000 line of SXRD tv's. Sure it has a regular bulb, but you can pick one up for cheaper, and they've gotten really good reviews.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
There seem to be a lot of issues with the LED samsungs...Search on avsforums for the models you're looking at first

For rear projection I would check out the Sony A3000 line of SXRD tv's. Sure it has a regular bulb, but you can pick one up for cheaper, and they've gotten really good reviews.
The Samsung I have is the regular bulb. Its very bright and clear on Blu Rays. you can easily adjust settings of the picture to your liking. My mom loves hers, I love mine...Just about everyone in the family has the 56" Samsung DLP rear Projections. lol

Quote:
Quote:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Get the 55" or 60" Sony KDS-A3000 and be more satisfied for less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement