360 xbox & ps3 multiple tv viewing questions.....?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Banned

Question 360 xbox & ps3 multiple tv viewing questions.....??

I have a ps3 in the bedroom hooked up to a 36" lcd tv & the xbox 360 in the living room w/61" samsung 1080p.

Here's the thing, I am wondering if there is a way I can hook up the wiring from the ps3 to where I can view it in either the bedroom or living, to be able to play games in either one & vise versa.

The both tv's have dish hooked up and they are maybe 15 feet @ most away from each other from the living room to bedroom.

There are like 3 different sources you can hook up to on each tv.

Is this possible? I know the remotes signal will reach in both rooms,like I mentioned, the tv's themselves are against the walls with not much in the way.

I would like to be able to do this so I won't have to move the ps3 to the living room just to watch a damn blue ray movie on the 61" or if I want to play the 360 while in the bedroom or play ps3 in the living room. I hope this makes sense...

TIA.

-tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Iamwaxman!

Totally possible. But you are going to have to add another component to your system.

Does the 360 have an HDMI output?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
Totally possible. But you are going to have to add another component to your system.

Does the 360 have an HDMI output?

Yeah it does if im not mistaken. It is one of the newer 360's the one that came in that bundle with forza 2 & x-men ultimate alliance. How could I do this. I know I saw on your thread nick that you had everything hooked up to your closet, its kinda the same consept but with the exception that I want to be able be able to play either the ps3 or xbox in either room without having to change cables around etc... something wireless i guess or that is already wired in that in crontolled by just toggling through the video sources.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Iamwaxman!

You need an HDMI switcher with 2 HDMI outputs.
The only one I know of is the Gefen switcher. There are a ton of HDMI switchers out there, but the Gefen is the only one I've seen with 2 outputs. The problem is, the Gefen is about $549 retail, but you can find them for about $400 through discount stores.

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=3099

I'll keep looking for an HDMI switcher with 2 outputs. Maybe someone else can chime in?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Iamwaxman!

One thing to consider though(not sure if it would be an issue), but you will not be able to use both(PS3 and 360) at the same time. Meaning, you will not be able to watch a movie on the PS3 in the livingroom, while playing the 360 in the bedroom, or vice versa. It will be one or the other, not both at the same time.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Iamwaxman!

Here's another one, but it's even more at $629

http://www.hdtvsupply.com/4x2hdswswant.html
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Iamwaxman!

OHHH! Found out Gefen has a 2x2 switcher! Little cheaper at $349 retail, or $310 in the dicount stores.

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=2757
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Iamwaxman!

Question, Does the 360 have both HDMI and component? I know the PS3 does. If so, why not go the cheap way out?

With the PS3 in the bedroom, wire the HDMI signal to the livingroom TV, and the component signal to the bedroom TV.

With the 360 in the livingroom, wire the HDMI signal to the bedroom, and the component signal to the livingroom.

Doing this, all you would need to buy is the cables, and pop a hole in the wall joining the 2 TV's

This would be your cheapest way out, and all you would have to do it toogle back and forth on your TV inputs. Neither machine can opperate both signals at the same time(HDMI and component).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Banned

Sweet, I figured this would work, I just kinda wanted to make sure before I started running cables etc...

thanks nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement