Anyone have an opinion on this LCD screen? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Anyone have an opinion on this LCD screen?

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Sharp-AQUOS_LC46D64U.htm

Its a Sharp Aquos LC46D64U.
46 inch 1080p
2000:1 contrast
10000:1 dynamic contrast
1920 x 1080 resolution
3 x HDMI
3 x Composite RCA
2 x Component RCA
1 x coax
1 x RGB
1 x Svideo

I looking to get one on Black Friday. Wanted to see if anyone here has checked it out yet?

Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 11-16-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 AM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Sharp-AQUOS_LC46D64U.htm

Its a Sharp Aquos LC46D64U.
1080p
2000:1 contrast
10000:1 dynamic contrast
1920 x 1080 resolution
3 x HDMI
3 x Composite RCA
2 x Component RCA
1 x coax
1 x RGB
1 x Svideo

I looking to get one on Black Friday. Wanted to see if anyone here has checked it out yet?
How much?
jluv is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
$1300
Sgt Beavis is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Adrenaline is my ABS.
 
J Osh10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Decapitating Haterz With Amazing Ease
Posts: 1,817
I have only heard good things about these tvs

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
J Osh10 is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Lifer
 
MR TINFOIL HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: NAU
Posts: 4,982
How big?
MR TINFOIL HAT is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Top 04 Snake
How big?
DOH!

46"

Edited original post..
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:29 AM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Seems like a good deal to me. I have no personal experience with Sharp TVs, though.
jluv is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Seems like a good deal to me. I have no personal experience with Sharp TVs, though.
Yea, I think its a good deal too. I'm just looking for opinions of people that have one...

thx
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 AM
id fuck her in da ass 2
 
blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: san antonio
Posts: 3,801
id like one
blackjack is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
I heard only good things about the entire Aquos lineup. Seems like a very good price too.

Star Power is advertising 50" Samsung plasmas for $999 this weekend. I have no other information than that, it's just what I'm hearing on 1310 the Ticket.
46Tbird is offline  
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
I heard only good things about the entire Aquos lineup. Seems like a very good price too.

Star Power is advertising 50" Samsung plasmas for $999 this weekend. I have no other information than that, it's just what I'm hearing on 1310 the Ticket.
Damn, that's a steal. I wonder what the catch is.
jluv is offline  
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
I heard only good things about the entire Aquos lineup. Seems like a very good price too.

Star Power is advertising 50" Samsung plasmas for $999 this weekend. I have no other information than that, it's just what I'm hearing on 1310 the Ticket.
I'll have to check on that.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 10:10 AM
\(_o)/ Cock-Blocker
 
Jimi G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Back in Springtown Texas
Posts: 2,561
Looks slow, lol.

Photobucket


Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosvo
what's motorboat
My Cars

67 Mustang Coupe *for sale* runs and drives needs work
65 Shelby Cobra Replica *building*
65 Chevy SWB 327 TKO600


LPC Present 334
Jimi G is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Damn, that's a steal. I wonder what the catch is.
They will have 4, and they will be gone before you get there, regardless of when you show up. They will gladly show you a comparable model for only $400 more though, they'll have those in stock.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
^ - yep and depending on the model, isn't that GREAT of a deal anyhow.
Grant is offline  
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
The Sharp Aquos is great...beautiful picture and its a good price...and its LCD. If you guys watch for it, Sharp does a factory direct on their LCDs for "friends and family". The codes are posted on the internet. I think my boss paid $1800 shipped for a 52" Aquos LCD a month or so ago. Thats was like 1/2 price

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
The Lewisville store has 19.
The Valley View store has 30.

I was just at the Lewisville store and the manager let me see the inventory numbers....
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 PM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
The Lewisville store has 19.
The Valley View store has 30.

I was just at the Lewisville store and the manager let me see the inventory numbers....
what store?
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
well damn.. I swear I saw "Valley View" on the screen but their website doesn't list a valley view location.... There isn't on anywhere around Valley View mall..
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:52 PM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
well damn.. I swear I saw "Valley View" on the screen but their website doesn't list a valley view location.... There isn't on anywhere around Valley View mall..
are you referring to Starpower?
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
are you referring to Starpower?
Sorry, too much beer last night..

Circuit City.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 572
sharp tv's

hi ive installed about 40 of these things and have only had on go bad. theyre great tv's and awesome bang for your buck brother. hope you got one cuz youre gunna love the picture and my personal favorite part about them is the fact that theyre so light,lol
anyways you should most deff. buy it
dangerous_sep is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous_sep
hi ive installed about 40 of these things and have only had on go bad. theyre great tv's and awesome bang for your buck brother. hope you got one cuz youre gunna love the picture and my personal favorite part about them is the fact that theyre so light,lol
anyways you should most deff. buy it
Yep, I got it.

Right now I'm trying to sort through Dish Network's programing packages to figure out what I'm going to order.. Unfortunately their packages are clear as mud when it comes to HD.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Yep, I got it.

Right now I'm trying to sort through Dish Network's programing packages to figure out what I'm going to order.. Unfortunately their packages are clear as mud when it comes to HD.
yep dish bites dude u need to get direct tv
dangerous_sep is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous_sep
yep dish bites dude u need to get direct tv
I totally agree man. There is absolutely ONE thing keeping me from getting DirecTV and the beloved NFL Sunday Ticket.

That one thing is: No Japanese Channels.

Ya see, my wife is Japanese. Born and raised in Tokyo. She wants the ONE Japanese channel that is offered on Dish Network. Not only does that suck, but that ONE Japanese channel is NHK. Why does that suck? It sucks because NHK is Japanese FUCKING PUBLIC TELEVISION. IT SUCKS ASS!

I know that many of you will say, "Man Up!" and "Just do it" but the new HDTV, AV receiver, 5.1 speakers, and Dish Network, are all coming out of the "Family Account." The wife and I created three bank accounts a while back; his, hers, and ours. The his and hers are our spending money with 10% of our paychecks going there. The rest goes to the Family Account. All purchases from that account have to be mutually agreed on.

Considering my wife came to me and said we should get a big screen and the fact that she hasn't bitched at all the "extras" I've gotten for the big screen, I have to let the Dish Network thing slide. It's a bitch, but thats why our marriage has been great for 12 years.

However, the SECOND DTV gets a Japanese channel, I'm paying the early termination costs and kicking DNet to the fuckin' curb.

Oh, but I am going to try something else too. I'm going to try and get my iTunes to get to Apple's Japanese servers. If I can do that, I can buy Japanese TV shows and stream them to the TV. If I can do that, then I can talk the wife into DTV. Wish me luck on that...
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Lifer
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,204
Couldn't you get a family member a slingbox and let her watch it over the net?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
I totally agree man. There is absolutely ONE thing keeping me from getting DirecTV and the beloved NFL Sunday Ticket.

That one thing is: No Japanese Channels.

Ya see, my wife is Japanese. Born and raised in Tokyo. She wants the ONE Japanese channel that is offered on Dish Network. Not only does that suck, but that ONE Japanese channel is NHK. Why does that suck? It sucks because NHK is Japanese FUCKING PUBLIC TELEVISION. IT SUCKS ASS!

I know that many of you will say, "Man Up!" and "Just do it" but the new HDTV, AV receiver, 5.1 speakers, and Dish Network, are all coming out of the "Family Account." The wife and I created three bank accounts a while back; his, hers, and ours. The his and hers are our spending money with 10% of our paychecks going there. The rest goes to the Family Account. All purchases from that account have to be mutually agreed on.

Considering my wife came to me and said we should get a big screen and the fact that she hasn't bitched at all the "extras" I've gotten for the big screen, I have to let the Dish Network thing slide. It's a bitch, but thats why our marriage has been great for 12 years.

However, the SECOND DTV gets a Japanese channel, I'm paying the early termination costs and kicking DNet to the fuckin' curb.

Oh, but I am going to try something else too. I'm going to try and get my iTunes to get to Apple's Japanese servers. If I can do that, I can buy Japanese TV shows and stream them to the TV. If I can do that, then I can talk the wife into DTV. Wish me luck on that...
Grant is offline  
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant
Couldn't you get a family member a slingbox and let her watch it over the net?

Wife's family = technically inept.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Wife's family = technically inept.
damn okay i c
o well good luck o and i think u can purchase stuff from he jap servers tell them to ship u a jap ipod think thats how my friend did it bot too shure tho ill ask
dangerous_sep is offline  
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous_sep
damn okay i c
o well good luck o and i think u can purchase stuff from he jap servers tell them to ship u a jap ipod think thats how my friend did it bot too shure tho ill ask
I think the key is to simply use a Japanese based proxy server.
Sgt Beavis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome