Uploading movies to iTunes... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Uploading movies to iTunes...

I was thinking bout buying an I Video or a ITouch or phone, and wanted to know if you can take a DVD and upload the movies to itunes and have them work like you can with a CD for music? I'm not real excited to pay 9.99 a movie for movies I already own on DVD...

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Matt

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Also, does anyone know if the memory can be upgraded by an external card on the iPhones? I know it's flash, but does it have an auxillary plug for extra memory like my Moto KRZr does?

Orange 08 Corvette
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Gunga galunga

iTunes won't do it, and I wouldn't touch iTunes if they paid me...

1st: Anapod for all your file transfer needs, videos, music, pictures, etc.

To get videos from a DVD to an iPod format you have to have software to rip a dvd onto your computer, then you can use a free convertor like "videora" to convert the dvd rip into a format and resolution that works on the iPod.

There are some programs that will do this all for you, but I don't know of any free ones, so I stick to the two step process.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
iTunes won't do it, and I wouldn't touch iTunes if they paid me...

1st: Anapod for all your file transfer needs, videos, music, pictures, etc.

To get videos from a DVD to an iPod format you have to have software to rip a dvd onto your computer, then you can use a free convertor like "videora" to convert the dvd rip into a format and resolution that works on the iPod.

There are some programs that will do this all for you, but I don't know of any free ones, so I stick to the two step process.
thanks man, do you have a link that I can download these programs at? I asked the guy at Apple today, and he said I'll pretend I didn't hear you ask that... What a crock of shit that I BUY a damn movie and legally am not supposed to transfer it onto my iPod? What f-in difference does it make if I watch a movie on my TV with the DVD or on my iPod? It's still MY f-in movie... All that matters is that it works...

Orange 08 Corvette
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
thanks man, do you have a link that I can download these programs at? I asked the guy at Apple today, and he said I'll pretend I didn't hear you ask that... What a crock of shit that I BUY a damn movie and legally am not supposed to transfer it onto my iPod? What f-in difference does it make if I watch a movie on my TV with the DVD or on my iPod? It's still MY f-in movie... All that matters is that it works...
lol...

Download this program: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

That will do the conversion to iPod format which you will transfer to the ipod video folder. When you open this program there are links on the side that ask if you want to convert a DVD or an existing video file. If you click on DVD it will provide you a walk through of the steps needed. For legality issues it can't decrypt and rip DVD so you need to download this separate program which it will tell you about in the walk through: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Once you have that program follow the Videora walk through on setting it up. It will take about 10-15mins to rip the DVD with the decrypter and another 15mins to convert the ripped video file with Videora. Afte that, just transfer it to your iPod and enjoy!

Like I said, I know there are programs out there that will do all this in one package, but these are free and work well

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
lol...

Download this program: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

That will do the conversion to iPod format which you will transfer to the ipod video folder. When you open this program there are links on the side that ask if you want to convert a DVD or an existing video file. If you click on DVD it will provide you a walk through of the steps needed. For legality issues it can't decrypt and rip DVD so you need to download this separate program which it will tell you about in the walk through: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Once you have that program follow the Videora walk through on setting it up. It will take about 10-15mins to rip the DVD with the decrypter and another 15mins to convert the ripped video file with Videora. Afte that, just transfer it to your iPod and enjoy!

Like I said, I know there are programs out there that will do all this in one package, but these are free and work well
no problem, I like free, and I really appreciate it!

Orange 08 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement