Uploading movies to iTunes... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
 
STROKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: If you can't beat em, join em!!!
Posts: 10,712
Uploading movies to iTunes...

I was thinking bout buying an I Video or a ITouch or phone, and wanted to know if you can take a DVD and upload the movies to itunes and have them work like you can with a CD for music? I'm not real excited to pay 9.99 a movie for movies I already own on DVD...

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Matt

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
STROKD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
 
STROKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: If you can't beat em, join em!!!
Posts: 10,712
Also, does anyone know if the memory can be upgraded by an external card on the iPhones? I know it's flash, but does it have an auxillary plug for extra memory like my Moto KRZr does?

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
STROKD is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
iTunes won't do it, and I wouldn't touch iTunes if they paid me...

1st: Anapod for all your file transfer needs, videos, music, pictures, etc.

To get videos from a DVD to an iPod format you have to have software to rip a dvd onto your computer, then you can use a free convertor like "videora" to convert the dvd rip into a format and resolution that works on the iPod.

There are some programs that will do this all for you, but I don't know of any free ones, so I stick to the two step process.

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
 
STROKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: If you can't beat em, join em!!!
Posts: 10,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
iTunes won't do it, and I wouldn't touch iTunes if they paid me...

1st: Anapod for all your file transfer needs, videos, music, pictures, etc.

To get videos from a DVD to an iPod format you have to have software to rip a dvd onto your computer, then you can use a free convertor like "videora" to convert the dvd rip into a format and resolution that works on the iPod.

There are some programs that will do this all for you, but I don't know of any free ones, so I stick to the two step process.
thanks man, do you have a link that I can download these programs at? I asked the guy at Apple today, and he said I'll pretend I didn't hear you ask that... What a crock of shit that I BUY a damn movie and legally am not supposed to transfer it onto my iPod? What f-in difference does it make if I watch a movie on my TV with the DVD or on my iPod? It's still MY f-in movie... All that matters is that it works...

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
STROKD is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKD
thanks man, do you have a link that I can download these programs at? I asked the guy at Apple today, and he said I'll pretend I didn't hear you ask that... What a crock of shit that I BUY a damn movie and legally am not supposed to transfer it onto my iPod? What f-in difference does it make if I watch a movie on my TV with the DVD or on my iPod? It's still MY f-in movie... All that matters is that it works...
lol...

Download this program: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

That will do the conversion to iPod format which you will transfer to the ipod video folder. When you open this program there are links on the side that ask if you want to convert a DVD or an existing video file. If you click on DVD it will provide you a walk through of the steps needed. For legality issues it can't decrypt and rip DVD so you need to download this separate program which it will tell you about in the walk through: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Once you have that program follow the Videora walk through on setting it up. It will take about 10-15mins to rip the DVD with the decrypter and another 15mins to convert the ripped video file with Videora. Afte that, just transfer it to your iPod and enjoy!

Like I said, I know there are programs out there that will do all this in one package, but these are free and work well

"Apres moi le deluge"


jakesford is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Hamilton Racing Ownz U
 
STROKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: If you can't beat em, join em!!!
Posts: 10,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
lol...

Download this program: http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

That will do the conversion to iPod format which you will transfer to the ipod video folder. When you open this program there are links on the side that ask if you want to convert a DVD or an existing video file. If you click on DVD it will provide you a walk through of the steps needed. For legality issues it can't decrypt and rip DVD so you need to download this separate program which it will tell you about in the walk through: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

Once you have that program follow the Videora walk through on setting it up. It will take about 10-15mins to rip the DVD with the decrypter and another 15mins to convert the ripped video file with Videora. Afte that, just transfer it to your iPod and enjoy!

Like I said, I know there are programs out there that will do all this in one package, but these are free and work well
no problem, I like free, and I really appreciate it!

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
STROKD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome