Cable Cards and HD channels - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Cable Cards and HD channels

My plasma has an option to take a Cable Card. Can you view HD channels with a cable card or do you need the HD cable box to get channels in HD? I would love to not have a cable box for the plasma since it already has a built in dvr and program guide. I'm also hoping Verizon Fios offers cable cards

2002 4.6L 5 spd. S281

So fast, I make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spederman
My plasma has an option to take a Cable Card. Can you view HD channels with a cable card or do you need the HD cable box to get channels in HD? I would love to not have a cable box for the plasma since it already has a built in dvr and program guide. I'm also hoping Verizon Fios offers cable cards
You can view HD channels with the cable cards, you just can't use VOD or use the provider's interactive guide.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Sounds like you have an LG... Fios is required by law to have cable cards. Like Grant said, you just wont be able to use VOD

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Sweet. Yup, I got an LG. I wish my panny also had cable card option too. But they got rid of that on the consumer model the year before i bought mine. Oh well. I dont really care for the FIOS VOD, it sucks. Its no where as sweet as Charter or comcast. There are hardly and choices, maybe when they are up and going to full potential they might have more programming on VOD.

2002 4.6L 5 spd. S281

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Lifer

They do....they are $2.95 each

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Sweet. Yup, I got an LG. I wish my panny also had cable card option too. But they got rid of that on the consumer model the year before i bought mine. Oh well. I dont really care for the FIOS VOD, it sucks. Its no where as sweet as Charter or comcast. There are hardly and choices, maybe when they are up and going to full potential they might have more programming on VOD.
Im trying to figure out how to integrate a series 2 Tivo with a cable card on the TV Not looking good. I got a LG last week and want to do cable card because of the HD channels but I dont think the Tivo can control the cable card. The new series 3 does cable card

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 10:12 AM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
Im trying to figure out how to integrate a series 2 Tivo with a cable card on the TV Not looking good. I got a LG last week and want to do cable card because of the HD channels but I dont think the Tivo can control the cable card. The new series 3 does cable card
will the IR sensor control the tv? im guessing not huh?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
will the IR sensor control the tv? im guessing not huh?
I doubt it...without programming the hex codes with a tivo hack or something... The only thing it will do right now is power/volume/input.

This will all be solved if I can get local HD from fios without a STB. Im going to hook up a diplexer from the wall and connect one side to the "cable" side of the TV and the other into the fios box. We will see what happens. I have ready you can get up to channel 49 without a STB with FIOS.

I tried using a pair of rabbit ears and I cant even get local analog channels to come in clear.

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
I doubt it...without programming the hex codes with a tivo hack or something... The only thing it will do right now is power/volume/input.

This will all be solved if I can get local HD from fios without a STB. Im going to hook up a diplexer from the wall and connect one side to the "cable" side of the TV and the other into the fios box. We will see what happens. I have ready you can get up to channel 49 without a STB with FIOS.

I tried using a pair of rabbit ears and I cant even get local analog channels to come in clear.
The only bad part is that the first 49 channels with FIOS are shit. They do it on purpose so you have to get their effin boxes. ITs all mexican & public access channels all the way to 49 besides the locals from 4-10. 51 is where all the real channels start.

2002 4.6L 5 spd. S281

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
The only bad part is that the first 49 channels with FIOS are shit. They do it on purpose so you have to get their effin boxes. ITs all mexican & public access channels all the way to 49 besides the locals from 4-10. 51 is where all the real channels start.
they aint dummies...

well, their tech support people are...

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement