Getting Digital channels? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Turn Your Swag On!

Getting Digital channels?

First off, I have a 40" Samsung LCD HDTV (LN-S4051D to be exact) and for the life of my cannot figure out why I can't get digital channels when other people in my fraternity house can. I was under the impression that since I have the built-in tuner, I would get these channels like the other two guys and our main TV. The other channels I'm talking about are listed as 80.1, .2, .3, and other decimal point numbers.

I've done the auto channel search and it won't pick them up. Do I need a box from Comcast to get these or something?

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
lol, this place sucks now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag
First off, I have a 40" Samsung LCD HDTV (LN-S4051D to be exact) and for the life of my cannot figure out why I can't get digital channels when other people in my fraternity house can. I was under the impression that since I have the built-in tuner, I would get these channels like the other two guys and our main TV. The other channels I'm talking about are listed as 80.1, .2, .3, and other decimal point numbers.

I've done the auto channel search and it won't pick them up. Do I need a box from Comcast to get these or something?
no, you need an antenna of some sort, even rabbit ears should work if it has a built in HD tuner
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
no, you need an antenna of some sort, even rabbit ears should work if it has a built in HD tuner
x2. I have rabbit ears on mine and I get the HD channels. I do have problems getting a clear picture sometimes, but my antenna is short and crappy.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Turn Your Swag On!

No, I'm talking about ESPN-HD, Discovery-HD, HBOHD, Cinemax-HD, etc. in addition to NBCHD, CBSHD. The other guys in the house just have their TVs plugged straight from the wall into the back of their TV like I do.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:33 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag
No, I'm talking about ESPN-HD, Discovery-HD, HBOHD, Cinemax-HD, etc. in addition to NBCHD, CBSHD. The other guys in the house just have their TVs plugged straight from the wall into the back of their TV like I do.

Then they probably have a tv with cable card or something, you can't get those channels from the air. You'll need a cable or satellite box for your tv to get those channels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement