What's a good double-din these days? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

What's a good double-din these days?

Looking to replace the factory deck in my '03 GT. Haven't started looking yet. I know I want the deck to be the same size as what I have now. Not really interested in extra space above or below my deck showing.

I'd like it to play MP3s, DVDs, and possibly have a Nav too.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 06:40 AM
yes, jluv

I have the Alpine W205. It's pretty sweet. If you can find a good deal on a used W200, it's a very nice unit as well.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 AM
dead

the alpine is sweet. i just wish they made it a full 7" instead of putting a the side borders.

the kenwood unit is nice too.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Crackalack!

I have a Kenwood DDX-6019 with the KNA-G510 GPS add-on by Garmin. I have less than $1000 invested. HOWEVER, the DDX-7019 that came out has a MUCH better graphic user interface. (that was the ONLY complaint I have with mine is a lot of the touch screen graphics are almost DOS-like. The 7019 addressed this. You can now pick up the 7019 with the GPS for under $800 or so on Ebay.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Time Served

I went with this and am very happy

http://www99.shopping.com/xPO-Pionee...ia-AV-Receiver

found one on ebay for $800

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Time Served

i have the kenwood ddx-7019 and i think it is perfect. i went to EW to get it installed, i wouldn't have done it any other way. the nav is a seperate unit that hooks into the head unit so you don't have to get it right away if you don't want to. The thing I like about the 7019 the best is that I have a usb port in my glove box and I can plug my jump drive in it and play mp3s. I think it can also do videos and pics from usb but I haven't tried it.

i'll try to get some pics of it so you can see what it looks like in a mustang.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceStang
Looking to replace the factory deck in my '03 GT. Haven't started looking yet. I know I want the deck to be the same size as what I have now. Not really interested in extra space above or below my deck showing.

I'd like it to play MP3s, DVDs, and possibly have a Nav too.

TIA
Eclipse, true 7" screen. It has separate DVD nav and CD slots and built in Navi. Blows Alpine out of the water in features.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewayne6243
Eclipse, true 7" screen. It has separate DVD nav and CD slots and built in Navi. Blows Alpine out of the water in features.
Ya, the Alpine is just a basic deck until you add all the goodies. It's not cheap to do it, but after adding all of the extras I find it to be the most advanced and feature-packed, with the best tuning capabilities.

I have:

W205 (head unit)
H701 (processor)
SIR-ALP1 (Sirius tuner)
TUA-T500HD (HD radio tuner)
KCE-300BT (Bluetooth)
KCE-422i (Ipod adapter)
PKG-M780 (headrest monitors)

I'm just waiting on the new Blackbird now for navigation.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt54
i have the kenwood ddx-7019 and i think it is perfect. i went to EW to get it installed, i wouldn't have done it any other way. the nav is a seperate unit that hooks into the head unit so you don't have to get it right away if you don't want to. The thing I like about the 7019 the best is that I have a usb port in my glove box and I can plug my jump drive in it and play mp3s. I think it can also do videos and pics from usb but I haven't tried it.

i'll try to get some pics of it so you can see what it looks like in a mustang.
Cool, thank you. I'm interested in the asthetic look of the deck in the dash of a mustang.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 12:37 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceStang
Cool, thank you. I'm interested in the asthetic look of the deck in the dash of a mustang.

IMO, the Kenwoods are the best looking. Not sure which model numbers, but EW has a couple on display at Autosound in Bedford and they really look great.

That's one thing I would change about the Alpine. It is a 6.5" screen with thick sides. There are no buttons on the sides (thank goodness) so I don't understand why they couldn't stretch it out to a full 7 inches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement