JL Audio Stealthbox - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Sonic Death Monkey

Question JL Audio Stealthbox

So it's that time of year again, and I'm starting to cruise around with the windows down, and I'm missing my old system. So I'm thinking about what I can do in the 'leen, without going to extremes. I was thinking about simply augmenting the mach 460 system (I know "boo hiss") with a stealthbox and a nice clean powerful amp, maybe a Arc Audio, PG, or Linear Power. Has anyone used these stealthboxes with any success? Please tell me what you think of 'em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Rolling with the homies

I've got a Stealth Box about to go in and I've had a couple of friends of mine running it. I think they sound pretty good but they ain't cheap. You got a Coupe or Convertible? I had a buddy of mine selling one for a Coupe and I think he's still got it if you are interested.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 10:35 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

You don't need a stealth box to make it sound good. JL makes many premade boxes that are excellent quality and very affordable. I'd recommend the JL 250/1 and the JL CS110-W3.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by EW
You don't need a stealth box to make it sound good. JL makes many premade boxes that are excellent quality and very affordable. I'd recommend the JL 250/1 and the JL CS110-W3.
But the Stealth Box looks so.... Stealthy

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Sonic Death Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by EW
It's not so much the "stealthy" part of it, as it saves so much trunk space. I don't want a bulky box hogging trunk space, been there done that. I actually had a stealthbox for all of a day, and I took it back because I thought it sounded like crap. Turns out the amp I was driving it with was bad, so it wan't the boxes fault I don't think. But while I had it, I was very pleased with the way it fit and it's appearance, and that's a plus for me in the new car.

Jose- my car is a coupe.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 11:29 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by LilCPop

It's not so much the "stealthy" part of it, as it saves so much trunk space. I don't want a bulky box hogging trunk space, been there done that. I actually had a stealthbox for all of a day, and I took it back because I thought it sounded like crap. Turns out the amp I was driving it with was bad, so it wan't the boxes fault I don't think. But while I had it, I was very pleased with the way it fit and it's appearance, and that's a plus for me in the new car.

Jose- my car is a coupe.
I'll see if he's still got it.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 12:04 PM
KJ94GT

LilCPop... you might want to consider one of JL's PowerWedge enclosures. The one I picked up for the wife's car had 2 JL 10W0s in it, and I had a nice amp pushing them. It sounded so good I put it in my car. I don't want to shake people's windows, I just needed something louder than my car. This enclosure is nice, and not extremely pricey.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 12:53 PM
None

Clint - I should have my car by Thursday, so if you want to hear a stealthbox, let me know. I think it was made by the gods it sounds so good.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris98GT
Clint - I should have my car by Thursday, so if you want to hear a stealthbox, let me know. I think it was made by the gods it sounds so good.
<---- In total agreement with, gotta love the sound of the Stealthbox for the size

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:03 AM
None

A trick to improving the sound of the stealthbox is to cut the rigid carpet liner out from where the stealthbox fits. For over a year I didn't do that, and while I thought it sounded good it didn't "sound" like a 10" being pushed by 300 watts.

Well, once i finally got around to doing it I kicked my own ass for not doing it sooner. It was being muffled so much that I lost about half the sound. Now it absolutely kicks ass.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:26 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris98GT
A trick to improving the sound of the stealthbox is to cut the rigid carpet liner out from where the stealthbox fits. For over a year I didn't do that, and while I thought it sounded good it didn't "sound" like a 10" being pushed by 300 watts.

Well, once i finally got around to doing it I kicked my own ass for not doing it sooner. It was being muffled so much that I lost about half the sound. Now it absolutely kicks ass.
I just removed the panel completely for now.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement