TV Tuner - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

TV Tuner

Anyone running a TV tuner in their ride and getting great reception? If so, what type of antenna? I'm probably going to get an Alpine T151 tuner to add to my current setup, and it comes with two dual antennas. If that doesn't get decent reception, I might try a different antenna setup. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Rolling with the homies

I've been thinking about it as well but it's on the back burner right now. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

nothing but pimp shit

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
I've been thinking about it as well but it's on the back burner right now. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though.
Still digging your W200? I love mine. It does have one bad pixel (always black) kinda towards the center, which bugs me a little. Other than that, it's been perfect. I'm in the process of adding just about everything I can to it, lol.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
nothing but pimp shit

LOL. That wouldn't look bad paint matched to my Sploder and mounted up top towards the rear. But do they work better than anything else?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
LOL. That wouldn't look bad paint matched to my Sploder and mounted up top towards the rear. But do they work better than anything else?
I have no Idea. I do know that there is an Escalade here at work that has a this.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...?productid=165
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I have no Idea. I do know that there is an Escalade here at work that has a this.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...?productid=165

Oh believe me, I have looked into that. I'm willing to wait another year or two (or longer, if needed) when they get smaller and cheaper.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Lifer

I've got the 151 on my IVA-D300. Reception is to be expected when you're driving around. Just imagine watching tv with rabbit ears....then start moving the antenna around while you watch. I would say not to expect anything spectacular. I enjoy it for the simple fact that I can get news stations and watch some tv if I'm parked and trying to burn some time.

Channel 4 and 5 typically are bad reception. For the most part, I don't even pick up channel 4....and hardly pick up channel 5. What's really nice about the Alpine tuner is that it integrates into the touchscreen on the alpine head unit. If you're going to watch while driving, you're going to have to change the MX mode to something with less bass. The reception "pops" will bug the sheit out of you.

If you'd like, I can see about snapping some pics of the reception quality sometime.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock
I've got the 151 on my IVA-D300. Reception is to be expected when you're driving around. Just imagine watching tv with rabbit ears....then start moving the antenna around while you watch. I would say not to expect anything spectacular. I enjoy it for the simple fact that I can get news stations and watch some tv if I'm parked and trying to burn some time.

Channel 4 and 5 typically are bad reception. For the most part, I don't even pick up channel 4....and hardly pick up channel 5. What's really nice about the Alpine tuner is that it integrates into the touchscreen on the alpine head unit. If you're going to watch while driving, you're going to have to change the MX mode to something with less bass. The reception "pops" will bug the sheit out of you.

If you'd like, I can see about snapping some pics of the reception quality sometime.

Your descriptrion fits what I have heard so far. I just wonder if anyone out there has gotten a little bit better performance by using a specific antenna. Just wishful thinking. I'll probably pull the trigger anyway. Thanks for the input!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:45 PM

if you are talking duall wire antennas, then i assume you have diversified antennas. actually the reception on those are pretty good. But most shops do not install them correctly is why reception is poor. If you are installing yourself, be sure to put one antenna in the rear glass and one in the front, opposite sides of course. Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement