I am so CONFUSED! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

I am so CONFUSED!

I have a 96 gt Mustang, I got it from a dealership in Irving. When I got the car there was no radio. He said just put another one and it will work. I got a stock CD player and Tape Player.

I go to plug the CD player up and the plugs are not there.

I go to plug the Tape/radio and they hook up just fine, but the sound was not coming out.

I lift up the carpet and see a shit load of wiring going to the trunk. Not to mention a shit load of wiring going to the battery.

I take everything out that is not stock, and still no sound. I do not know what the deal is?

I can not hook up the CD player becuase of no plugs and I cannot even listen to the radio becuase of no sound period. What the F&%$ is the Deal??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 AM
African Booty Scratcher

westway ford?

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Trailer Park Royalty

does it have the mach 460 system. If so maybe no power to the amp or they took the amp too

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 02:18 PM
yes, jluv

There's no telling what the previous owner had in there, or what they altered. If I were you, I would put in an aftermarket head unit. From there, you can either wire up the stock stuff with new wiring, or upgrade more than just the head unit. There are also ways to test the existing wiring to see what goes to what, but I would just scrap it and redo the whole thing.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
westway ford?

god bless.
No, just a dealership I found, while looking

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash
does it have the mach 460 system. If so maybe no power to the amp or they took the amp too
No, it just had basic speakers no Mach 460, but I do want it!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
There's no telling what the previous owner had in there, or what they altered. If I were you, I would put in an aftermarket head unit. From there, you can either wire up the stock stuff with new wiring, or upgrade more than just the head unit. There are also ways to test the existing wiring to see what goes to what, but I would just scrap it and redo the whole thing.
Sounds complicated!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 10:23 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96gtmustang
Sounds complicated!

Hmmm... complicated compared to what? You said you already pulled up the carpet and took some stuff out. What would be the best case scenario that you were hoping for? If any of what I suggested sounds complicated, your best bet is to take it to a car audio shop and let them show you your options and do the work for you. Autosound in Bedford is a great place for that.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 10:26 AM
4 Cams are better than 1

a tote the note?.....u will have to find the small amp wire plugs....the tent to fall down behind the dash allot....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Hmmm... complicated compared to what? You said you already pulled up the carpet and took some stuff out. What would be the best case scenario that you were hoping for? If any of what I suggested sounds complicated, your best bet is to take it to a car audio shop and let them show you your options and do the work for you. Autosound in Bedford is a great place for that.
I think that would be the safest thing....I do not do well with anything electronic

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Time Served

Angry

dude i just made a long ass post on what to do if u wanna try it urself but the effin sites servers keep goin down damnit!! if u need help then PM me cuz i aint typin all that crap again! lol
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 01:04 PM

bring it by the shop. I will tell you what you need to do. Then you can decide if you want to tackle it or have us do it.
Thunder Audio
2540 Marsh lane
Carrollton, tx
972-418-6100

thanks
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
bring it by the shop. I will tell you what you need to do. Then you can decide if you want to tackle it or have us do it.
Thunder Audio
2540 Marsh lane
Carrollton, tx
972-418-6100

thanks
Damn I will have to probably fill up to go out there....I live in Midlothian, thanks but I will try one the audio stores around here. But if I am in the neighborhood then I will give you a ring.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:34 PM

u can now be one of those jacksses driving around with headphones
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Time Served

yes... those are the best... fuk ur HU man... get sum fukin headphones and bump that shit...
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96gtmustang
Damn I will have to probably fill up to go out there....I live in Midlothian, thanks but I will try one the audio stores around here. But if I am in the neighborhood then I will give you a ring.
if you get in a bind, give me a call. Be by your car so you can answer some questions. I will try to determine what you have, and help you through fixing the problem. Its really not too hard. And i will tell you the parts for you to go get local.
thanks
thunder audio
972-418-6100
ask for owner
tell whoever answers your from dfw stangs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement