DD Audio 2500 15" Price....??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

DD Audio 2500 15" Price....???

Digital Designs 15" Sub i know theyre pretty underground mainly spl, but what do you guys think is a good price to pay for one????
anybody ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Time Served

wut??

haha wow.... never NOT been able to find the price of ANYTHING on the net until now... are you buying it or selling it? if your buying it, my best advice would be not to! most likely it sounds decent but if it is that "underground" then they probobly suck . jus cuz they sound good now doesnt mean it will sound good for more than a week on that off brand shit... find the specs and make sure you do your research... gl...
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleSharp
haha wow.... never NOT been able to find the price of ANYTHING on the net until now... are you buying it or selling it? if your buying it, my best advice would be not to! most likely it sounds decent but if it is that "underground" then they probobly suck . jus cuz they sound good now doesnt mean it will sound good for more than a week on that off brand shit... find the specs and make sure you do your research... gl...
this isn't anything to do with pricing, but do some reading and get educated man.
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/w...p?series=9500f

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

eh

Last edited by agiraldo; 07-02-2006 at 08:54 PM. Reason: eh
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

Um good reply but nothing you said there was actually useful....
lol

I was asking what a good price would be to pay on dd subs there website doesnt have any pricing info either. I was just wondering what the opinions of EDUCATED dfwstangers were.. NOT people who are trying to be smartasses and then get stfu real quickly

Thank you Tx Redneck for giving a little info to this little kid
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 02:43 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

There almost is not pricing you really need to either call them or send them an email, buddy of mine has the 12" 9500 and its ungodly, makes JL look like a kenwood(puts on flamesuit).

'97 Rio Red/Black leather cobra
Bassani O/R X-Pipe
Magnaflow CB
C-Springs
MGW Shifter
Shitload of audio work
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 08:06 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Which JL? They make 4 lines of car audio woofers in many sizes.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

well i havn't personally heard a w7, but i have heard the 12w6's and the DD blew it away in my book

'97 Rio Red/Black leather cobra
Bassani O/R X-Pipe
Magnaflow CB
C-Springs
MGW Shifter
Shitload of audio work
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Time Served

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiraldo
Um good reply but nothing you said there was actually useful....
lol

I was asking what a good price would be to pay on dd subs there website doesnt have any pricing info either. I was just wondering what the opinions of EDUCATED dfwstangers were.. NOT people who are trying to be smartasses and then get stfu real quickly

Thank you Tx Redneck for giving a little info to this little kid

haha, funny u say i'm uneducated and a smartass when you dont no me and i am trying to help... i'll member that next time i post anything here...
hard to put a price on something you (as in myself) havent heard, seen, or even heard of... jus tryin to help ya out buddy
btw, i find it hard to believe any sub can be THAT much better that a JL... sure a fukin Brauvix can "BLOW AWAY" a JL but the SQ can not be surpassed...
agiraldo , have a great day and GOODLUCK with your buyings!! Lol
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

im gonna agree with needle sharp, i wouldnt suggest buying something u cant find on the net and no has ever heard of, they most likley dont bak there shit and i doubt they last long, subs arent expensive u can get nice 10's mtx or rockfords for a cheap price.

72 chevy c10 *sold*
54 belair *sold*

for sale!!!
02 xterra SUPERCHARGED
pair of mb quart 6x9 speakers
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 07:09 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk103
subs arent expensive u can get nice 10's mtx or rockfords for a cheap price.

It's all relative I suppose, but compared to other parts of a car audio system, subs can get very expensive. Like anything, the better stuff usually costs more. You can get "cheap" subs like you mentioned, or you can spend a lot more and get MUCH better quality subs. It just depends on what you're looking for. But you can always get a cheap head unit, cheap components, and cheap amps too. I bet I could spend a day at Trader's Village and come home with an entire brand new system for a couple hundred bucks. Good luck getting even one really nice brand new sub for that.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
It's all relative I suppose, but compared to other parts of a car audio system, subs can get very expensive. Like anything, the better stuff usually costs more. You can get "cheap" subs like you mentioned, or you can spend a lot more and get MUCH better quality subs. It just depends on what you're looking for. But you can always get a cheap head unit, cheap components, and cheap amps too. I bet I could spend a day at Trader's Village and come home with an entire brand new system for a couple hundred bucks. Good luck getting even one really nice brand new sub for that.
ur right u can always get cheap subs or u can wait for a decent deal at best buy or circuit city and get a good deal on a good pair of non expensive subs which is what i meant in my previous statements or u can do what u say which is what i did which is put a complete jl system including 2 10" jlw7's powered by a jl e1800d along with jl cxi's throughout the car powered by a jl e1400d. i dont think i need ne luck.

72 chevy c10 *sold*
54 belair *sold*

for sale!!!
02 xterra SUPERCHARGED
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
ur right u can always get cheap subs or u can wait for a decent deal at best buy or circuit city and get a good deal on a good pair of non expensive subs which is what i meant in my previous statements or u can do what u say which is what i did which is put a complete jl system including 2 10" jlw7's powered by a jl e1800d along with jl cxi's throughout the car powered by a jl e1400d. i dont think i need ne luck.

Which is it? One minute you say that subs aren't expensive, and you recommend cheap Rockfords or MTXs from BB or CC. Then you say you have 2 10W7s. Seems strange to me, but whatever.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Which is it? One minute you say that subs aren't expensive, and you recommend cheap Rockfords or MTXs from BB or CC. Then you say you have 2 10W7s. Seems strange to me, but whatever.
which is it what? did i ever say what i had in my car? uhh no all i said that subs are inexpensive which is true. subs can be and usually are the cheapest part of a system. and when i noted that subs can be cheap i threw out 2 quality brand names that sale good cheap subs.

72 chevy c10 *sold*
54 belair *sold*

for sale!!!
02 xterra SUPERCHARGED

Last edited by dwalk103; 07-07-2006 at 11:49 PM.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 12:27 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
which is it what? did i ever say what i had in my car? uhh no all i said that subs are inexpensive which is true. subs can be and usually are the cheapest part of a system. and when i noted that subs can be cheap i threw out 2 quality brand names that sale good cheap subs.
What line of JL CXIs are you running? By looking at your equipment that you rattled off, the subs appear to be the most expensive part of your system, not the cheapest.

Again, it just seems weird for me to hear anyone with a great quality sub recommend cheap junk from CC or BB.

To answer the original question: Everything I've heard about the DD subs has been good. I've never owned or heard them myself, but plenty of serious (and picky) car audio guys on the dedicated car stereo forums use those subs. I don't know what their pricing is like.

Last edited by jluv; 07-08-2006 at 12:38 PM.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

[QUOTE=jluv]What line of JL CXIs are you running? By looking at your equipment that you rattled off, the subs appear to be the most expensive part of your system, not the cheapest.

Again, it just seems weird for me to hear anyone with a great quality sub recommend cheap junk from CC or BB.

what am i running? im running 2 evolution tr650's and 4 evolution tr525's. now wouldnt u like to have a pair of those in ur shit ride.

and once again u dumb fuk did i ever say that my subs are cheap? did i ever mention a price on ne of my equipment. no i didnt. on top of that u can get a great deal at cc or bb on a pair of rockfords, which hit hard and sound good, why would i name off a great pair of subs when i have no idea what he plans to spend on his system? ur going to have to start thinking about theese things before u write.

72 chevy c10 *sold*
54 belair *sold*

for sale!!!
02 xterra SUPERCHARGED
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Lifer

Needlesharp is a moron. I don't know of ANYONE who knows their head from there ass who has never HEARD of DD...

BTW, if you think DD is crap, Nate Munson hit 169.xx with a single 10" DD subwoofer, and two DEI 2500d amps.

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:57 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
what am i running? im running 2 evolution tr650's and 4 evolution tr525's. now wouldnt u like to have a pair of those in ur shit ride.
Hahahahaha!!!!!! In my ride? That's funny as shit, considering I ran two sets of TRs in my ride, until I UPGRADED to XRs. And then I UPGRADED from those to Boston Pro60s. Wanna see pictures? I'm putting the XRs in the back for rear fill and putting the TRs in my girl's ride, since she doesn't really need anything fancy. The TRs are JL's bottom of the barrel line. Honestly, they are okay considering the price, but nothing worth running your mouth about, especially when you don't have a clue what the person has that you're talking shit to.

Look, I wasn't trying to be a dick, or even trying to get into a comparison match with you, I just thought the stuff you were saying seemed fishy. But now it's confirmed - you're full of shit. I hope no one listens to any of your advice.

Quote:
and once again u dumb fuk did i ever say that my subs are cheap? did i ever mention a price on ne of my equipment. no i didnt.
You're the one who came up in here talking about how cheap subs are, and how they are usually the cheapest part of a system. But then you give a perfect example of how the subs you claim to run are MUCH more expensive than all the other equipmemnt in your system. I disagree that subs should be, or usually are, the cheapest part of a setup. Having 10w7s yourself, one would tend to think that you would agree. That's all. Why are you being so defensive and calling names and shit? Are you 15? Wanna fight? LMAO!

Quote:
on top of that u can get a great deal at cc or bb on a pair of rockfords, which hit hard and sound good, why would i name off a great pair of subs when i have no idea what he plans to spend on his system? ur going to have to start thinking about theese things before u write.
Oh good grief. Why in the world would you come in here to steer someone away from DD 15s and then recommend cheap CRAP like some budget Rockfords from CC? Are you sure those W7s aren't actually "J. El Audio" from Trader's Village?
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Lifer

DD sub are amazing. The only one i have ever heard was a 15 in ported pox w/ppi 2500 something or other mono block. This car got straight nasty with bass
i think i remember him saying some that he got for around 600, but i could be completly wrong. Shit that was 4 years ago.

By the way there are alot of underground small line companys out there that make insane stuff. JL is over rated mainstream crap
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 02:36 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsastang80
JL is over rated mainstream crap
That's a ridiculous statement.
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
DD sub are amazing. The only one i have ever heard was a 15 in ported pox w/ppi 2500 something or other mono block. This car got straight nasty with bass
i think i remember him saying some that he got for around 600, but i could be completly wrong. Shit that was 4 years ago.

By the way there are alot of underground small line companys out there that make insane stuff. JL is over rated mainstream crap
Riiiiggghhhttt. The only good audio equipment is stuff nobody has ever heard of.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
A decent price for a 2500 Series would be $250-$300.

BTW, DD is primarily a SPL product. If you want decent SPL and SQ, JL is very hard to beat.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
Riiiiggghhhttt. The only good audio equipment is stuff nobody has ever heard of.
NO what im saying is JL is gone the way of rockford, mainstream mass produce crap. It is no where near as good as there old stuff. DD has been around for awhile not a big company hand made stuff, so the quality is a little better. The car audio industery make stuff blow up like anything else and the name is what you end up buying while product is not as good as it once was. There alot on companys out there , lots of good stuff but dont go out think if cartoys, or circuity city or earmark does not carry them that there crap. Ive been doing and around this stuff for 7 years now, learn stuff every day. This also includes product info. Just reserach what you want, what you want your car to do, how you want it to do it.
DD is a spl sub they are not the cleanest sounding but if you want to rip your damn head off with bass go for it. Not want to step on toes just think out side the box that is all

Last edited by needsastang80; 07-10-2006 at 03:38 PM.
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 04:30 PM
yes, jluv

A lot of the "underground" sub manufacturers use the same parts. Some are identical except for the stamp on the dustcap. Not saying there aren't great ones out there, but saying JL is mainstream crap is downright ignorant.

Every single part of the W7 is newly designed and built just for that sub. Everything is one-off, created using their best engineering. Have you checked out the W1 series? They are a great upgrade from the old W0 stuff. The new W3v2 line is slick, too. And just look at the innovation pumped into their slash series amps. Sure, some companies get mainstream and the quality goes downhill, but this is simply not the case with JL Audio. Sorry, but if you think it's not as good as their old stuff, you just don't really know what you're talking about.

Is it overpriced? Maybe a little. That's relative. Is it overrated? I personally don't think so. Is it the best out there? Maybe not. That's debatable. But crap? Now way dude.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Lifer

Crap might have been a little strong of a word, but i do think there are better subs out there. Now the W7 i think is over rated, not realy impressed with it money to performance wise any ways
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Crap might have been a little strong of a word, but i do think there are better subs out there. Now the W7 i think is over rated, not realy impressed with it money to performance wise any ways

Cool. Could you name a few subs that you consider to be superior to the W7 for both SPL and SQ?
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
NO what im saying is JL is gone the way of rockford, mainstream mass produce crap. It is no where near as good as there old stuff.
You have NO IDEA what you're talking about and the above statement proves it. I have sold JL since 1991. I've seen and used the "old stuff". Their current product is FAR superior to anything they've ever built and they continue a trend of innovation which improves SQ and reliability every year.
There will always be new products coming to market. Just because they are "new" does not make them better. Products popularity also goes up and down over time because people think they want something different or a brand is "played".
Rockford tried to please BB with lower and lower priced products which leads to quality and performance issues. JL is not in BB or CC.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Time Served

Exclamation

LOL, i've been out of town and WOW has this thread gone to shit... i think its funny how all these fukin idiots cum in here talking shit about each other that is totally off topic of the original post...
BTW pete, u kinda started to hury my feelings. that is until EW (who knows more than anyone on this damn site about car audio) basically said u were a moron. thanks for the consern about where my head placement, i appreciate it.
However, while we are on the topic, i might as well continue.
Wow how can u sit here and say JL is "shit" and they are "mass production crap" you are no worse then the fakin emo kids that hate life and listen to fukin hawthorne heights... u are jus saying it to be a rebel and be cool so stfu...
JL is NOTHING like other popular brands b.c they dont come out with a new model when they find a "new cool cone design" or new "cooler looking heat sinks" every 3 months like other brands. Like EW said there is a substantial difference in the W2's, W1 and almost every new fricken model they release
Did not EVER say DD was crap b.c i duno shit about it. I dun deal with high end no name brands all i no is wut shit is good for the money and that if people are paying $600 for a fukin W7 then why wouldnt they pay the same for a DD that is "so much better and superior to all other subs (incl. w7)"? there's probobly a reason k? thanks.
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 12:59 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:
LOL, i've been out of town and WOW has this thread gone to shit... i think its funny how all these fukin idiots cum in here talking shit about each other that is totally off topic of the original post...
BTW pete, u kinda started to hury my feelings. that is until EW (who knows more than anyone on this damn site about car audio) basically said u were a moron. thanks for the consern about where my head placement, i appreciate it.
However, while we are on the topic, i might as well continue.
Wow how can u sit here and say JL is "shit" and they are "mass production crap" you are no worse then the fakin emo kids that hate life and listen to fukin hawthorne heights... u are jus saying it to be a rebel and be cool so stfu...
JL is NOTHING like other popular brands b.c they dont come out with a new model when they find a "new cool cone design" or new "cooler looking heat sinks" every 3 months like other brands. Like EW said there is a substantial difference in the W2's, W1 and almost every new fricken model they release
Did not EVER say DD was crap b.c i duno shit about it. I dun deal with high end no name brands all i no is wut shit is good for the money and that if people are paying $600 for a fukin W7 then why wouldnt they pay the same for a DD that is "so much better and superior to all other subs (incl. w7)"? there's probobly a reason k? thanks.
Where can I get me a W2? lol
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Where can I get me a W2? lol
http://www.carstereo.com/classifieds...araudio=2%2012
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
yes, jluv

Quote:

I believe this is a W2.
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Time Served

haha ur a funny one
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You sir are a complete idiot, your lack of knowledge, and/or the inability to form complete sentences is atrocious.

Please point out where EW "basically said *I* was a moron."

What's wrong, Needledick, don't want to call B.S. on the quality of DD product anymore? I can name about a hundred other top level SPL competitors that happen to think that DD is the stuff that keeps them in the winners circle.

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Time Served

Ok, personally i would like to start off by saying I do not know EW, cant say what the guy knows or doesnt know. I am not bashing in any way, but i do take some offense to the statement that EW knows MORE than ANYONE on this site. I think my 18+ years in the industry speaks for itself. I feel I am pretty damn smart, and will run with the best. I do own my own shop, and we concentrate strictly on mid to high end car audio. Many a custom show vehicle, as well as worked for and with Car Audio manufacturers. Ok thats out of the way!! Instead of bashing people and or lines. There are many good lines out there, as well as bad lines. Many shops will have their specialty lines, and will agree to disagree on certain items. I for one do not care for JL audio. We were presented with the chance to carry JL, we declined to carry the product after testing. For our own personnal reasons, we just do not feel the dollar value is there in the subs, and the watt per dollar is not there on the amps. That is 18+ years saying I dont care for the line. Many others would disagree. And I am ok with that. Someone mentioned BRAVOX. Yes they are simply BADASS. Show me a speaker that can take 3000 watts RMS!!! Bravox EDX can, The most we got on one was 2500 RMS. Thats the biggest we had @ the time. But then look at the price tag of $700....I would hope it would do something. Now on to some subs, you want SPL or SQ??? I dont care what anyone says, JL or anyone does not get BOTH into 1 sub!!!! True you can get some of each, but no man. will state you will get max. SPL and Max SQ, or you would be winning every major competition out there in all classes. In SPL you want ones like Bravox, JBL, Cerwin Vega Stroker Pros, Earthquake, Boston Ref. Treos, Cutting Edge. Those will be some of your premium brands. There are other out there cheaper that do a great job of SPL. Some of the Swiss, Planet Audio, Audiobahn, and others. When you get to SQ, the lines really trim down. To me the best out there is Zapco, followed up by Boston, and Diamond Audio. Past that I couldnt reccommend one I believed in. On the DD subs you mentioned. I dont really know the line, so in all honesty I cannot give my opinion for you. If they are not on the circuit, then they either dont perform well enough to compete, or are just too new to the scene. Again not a bash on the line, as I do not know it personnaly. As far as price. Again cant say, but if your in the $300 range, i wouldnt feel comfortable because you just about there for a Boston G5. At $200 a sub, maybe a little fairer if a well made up sub. Most can be told from the Theil small paramaters that usually accompany a woofer. From those you can determine box sizes and effieciency of the woofer. The end result is the customer, If that is what you want, then you pay what you feel comfortable with. Good luck on your purchase.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Time Served

Thumbs up

Wow... dman prob one of the best posts i've seen on here in a while... very informative and very helpful... BTW i didnt totally mean wut i said about EW... didnt mean to hurt ur feelings
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Wow... dman prob one of the best posts i've seen on here in a while... very informative and very helpful... BTW i didnt totally mean wut i said about EW... didnt mean to hurt ur feelings
Jeez, you're a crawfishing, spineless kind of guy, you should fit right in with alot of the types around here.

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Time Served

Quote:
no problem, you didnt...lol...There are alot of good people in the industry, and their are alot of idiots as well. We had a guy come in today. Car Toys told him his amp was bad, It wasnt, His coild was seperated on one of his woofers. Car Toys didnt care to REALLY look into the problem, and find out correct problem, so instead of the $580+ dollars they quoted him, he got a deal for 2 new JBL woofers, Ported box, installation out the door under $280...My reputation is built on knowledge and honesty. My main point is, i will go the extra way..even if customer now buying from me, at least the will get some honesty. We sponsor the metroplex mini club also. We give out the best deals we can to them. And i dont mind helping anyone on this site with questions, pricing, or whatever they may need. I know a few people on here personnaly, and really good people. This is by far one of the better sites i have ever been on. Im just a blabbering, LOL...
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
Ok, personally i would like to start off by saying I do not know EW, cant say what the guy knows or doesnt know. I am not bashing in any way, but i do take some offense to the statement that EW knows MORE than ANYONE on this site. I think my 18+ years in the industry speaks for itself. I feel I am pretty damn smart, and will run with the best. I do own my own shop, and we concentrate strictly on mid to high end car audio. Many a custom show vehicle, as well as worked for and with Car Audio manufacturers. Ok thats out of the way!! Instead of bashing people and or lines. There are many good lines out there, as well as bad lines. Many shops will have their specialty lines, and will agree to disagree on certain items. I for one do not care for JL audio. We were presented with the chance to carry JL, we declined to carry the product after testing. For our own personnal reasons, we just do not feel the dollar value is there in the subs, and the watt per dollar is not there on the amps. That is 18+ years saying I dont care for the line. Many others would disagree. And I am ok with that. Someone mentioned BRAVOX. Yes they are simply BADASS. Show me a speaker that can take 3000 watts RMS!!! Bravox EDX can, The most we got on one was 2500 RMS. Thats the biggest we had @ the time. But then look at the price tag of $700....I would hope it would do something. Now on to some subs, you want SPL or SQ??? I dont care what anyone says, JL or anyone does not get BOTH into 1 sub!!!! True you can get some of each, but no man. will state you will get max. SPL and Max SQ, or you would be winning every major competition out there in all classes. In SPL you want ones like Bravox, JBL, Cerwin Vega Stroker Pros, Earthquake, Boston Ref. Treos, Cutting Edge. Those will be some of your premium brands. There are other out there cheaper that do a great job of SPL. Some of the Swiss, Planet Audio, Audiobahn, and others. When you get to SQ, the lines really trim down. To me the best out there is Zapco, followed up by Boston, and Diamond Audio. Past that I couldnt reccommend one I believed in. On the DD subs you mentioned. I dont really know the line, so in all honesty I cannot give my opinion for you. If they are not on the circuit, then they either dont perform well enough to compete, or are just too new to the scene. Again not a bash on the line, as I do not know it personnaly. As far as price. Again cant say, but if your in the $300 range, i wouldnt feel comfortable because you just about there for a Boston G5. At $200 a sub, maybe a little fairer if a well made up sub. Most can be told from the Theil small paramaters that usually accompany a woofer. From those you can determine box sizes and effieciency of the woofer. The end result is the customer, If that is what you want, then you pay what you feel comfortable with. Good luck on your purchase.
that is what i was saying just not as well put, i only have about 6 years in it.
But as stated befor you have to realy pick what you want your stereo to do when you get into high end audio. I still not impressed with the w7, i have had 12 inch type r's that rocked just as good the w7. One thing is though thats what makes this stuff fun though, all this stuff to choose from and cars to put it in. I know for a fact there are more people out there that are not all over JL like some people, but doesnt make me a EMO(by the way i just figured out what the hell that was like 2 days ago) rebel punk.
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Time Served

There are alot of companies out there. And if your a good installer and have the knowledge, you can make even bad stuff sound good, LOL.. Years ago we put a certain amp in a car for a customer, oh what the hell, I'll tell...........He brought us a pyramid amp. A PB600 and a couple cheap woofer. We installed it. The amp wasnt bad, woofers sucked. We looked the amp over well, Had good stable power. We suggested he stop up to the cheapest Orions we carried (xtr), build a simple ported box. He said ok, we built the box, installed, and holy craparola, that system hit good. Heres the moral of the story. That 600watt (max. of course) cheap pyramid amp, did the job...and well. we liked it so much, we (a higher end company) bought deep into them and was our best selling amp for almost a year and a half. And we retailed it for around $99. When pyramid changed the model and discontinued the amp, it was never the same. We dropped amp then...So even the cheap companies stumble across something, LOL......
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Timmay

lol @ people saying JL sux. What's the point of SPL? Who gives a shit if you can blow your eardrums or rattle the screws out of your car? SQ is where it's at.
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Lifer

sq and spl are both just as hard to make. im a bass head always have been, but i like music too, i respect sq cars very much as well as the installers that build them. now most sq installers dont use jl , as most spl dont use jl either. either way though if some has a spl or sp car and it had jl and it performed well i would like it. i think jl is almost so right in the middle of sq and spl that it doesnt do either badass but it works for everyday systems that you want to listen to everything on. all this is just my opinion take it as you will. but i like too look at everything for what it is and not just use it or have because it plastered all over place that this the best thing you can get.
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Time Served

I would like to take this time and dry off my vagina and say sorry for all stupid things i have said about everyone... i didnt mean to call needsastang80 emo and i didnt mean to say dman wasnt as smart as EW...

I'm a little teapot.

Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 07-16-2006 at 03:47 AM.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Lifer

No man its cool what make this so fun stereo, paint , drag racing or what ever. If everyone keeps an open mind about including myself this all this can be fun and you would be suprised how much you can learn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement