Kenwood security code....... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Yes.....its a V6.

Kenwood security code.......

Had my car worked on last week and its now asking me for the security code, and I dont know it. Had the radio put in last year by circuit city, they must of put a code in when installing it but failed to tell me. I've talked to Kenwood but they are telling me I have to go to a Kenwood service center to get it reset. He also told me there is a good chance I may have to mail it to Kenwood for this if they cant do it there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Time Served

Duncan, email me the model # of radio. I can decode it for you if you want to come by.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Yes.....its a V6.

email sent thanks alot!!!!! Just let me know when and where to show up.

Last edited by Duncan; 06-14-2006 at 10:08 PM.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Time Served

did you talk to circuit city?? if they changed the code, they may have a generic one that they use for all the cars... if its the default code, they might have it on record...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Yes.....its a V6.

I did call them they are clueless. So is best buy, and kenwood lists them as able to decode the damn thing. I am about to throw the fucking thing away!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Which one's the clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
I did call them they are clueless. So is best buy, and kenwood lists them as able to decode the damn thing. I am about to throw the fucking thing away!

when most kenwoods are disconnected from the power source it wants a code that should be in your manual...its to help prevent theft.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Yes.....its a V6.

Nothing in manual. Kenwood said that the a security code would have been choosen at the time of install, in this case it was curcuit city that choose a 4 digit number and did not tell me what it was.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Time Served

sorry, got your email late last night. If you can email me a contact # and i will call you this afternoon. Kenwood radios are designed to go into code status, but usually only unless they are removed from constant power for 10 hours and have a code installed by the end user. Circuit City or any other installation shop cannout put a initial code into radio without the end user permission. And by Kenwood policy, the radio if goes into code status must be sent into a service center. The older models are a little easier to decode. The MP828 that you have are alot harder to do. I need to pull up my service manual this mornig, to double check some things. I worked for Kenwood USA for almost 5 years and I have a signed "do not disclose" contract. So i cannot post here how to decode. But email me your # and i will get with you on decoding it free of charge.
thanks
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Kenwood radios do not go into "code" status unless a code has been programmed into the unit by somebody and then power has been removed from the unit.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
Kenwood radios do not go into "code" status unless a code has been programmed into the unit by somebody and then power has been removed from the unit.
as was said above, usually when end user puts in a code. But older kenwood radios were know to code out if power was initiated on unit multiple times. (unplug, plug in, unplug, etc.) or from bench testing where power was applied multiple times. Not the case with newer units. Duncan waiting for your email or call.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Yes.....its a V6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman
sorry, got your email late last night. If you can email me a contact # and i will call you this afternoon. Kenwood radios are designed to go into code status, but usually only unless they are removed from constant power for 10 hours and have a code installed by the end user. Circuit City or any other installation shop cannout put a initial code into radio without the end user permission. And by Kenwood policy, the radio if goes into code status must be sent into a service center. The older models are a little easier to decode. The MP828 that you have are alot harder to do. I need to pull up my service manual this mornig, to double check some things. I worked for Kenwood USA for almost 5 years and I have a signed "do not disclose" contract. So i cannot post here how to decode. But email me your # and i will get with you on decoding it free of charge.
thanks

Thanks a million! I will have to come by and check out your shop. I need an alarm does your shop sell and install alarms? Thunder Audio in Carrollton right? Cant thank you enough!

Duncan
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Time Served

Duncan, your very welcome. Glad I was able to help you out. Yes alarms no problem. We are compustar dealers. We also carry the prestige APS996 unit. Let me know if I can help you out. Keep my cell handy, and call if you need to, or the store.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Yes.....its a V6.

I will, thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement