cerwin vega stroker - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Question cerwin vega stroker

Ive been looking into getting a new 10" cerwin vega stoker 2000 watt rms and 4000 watt peak since i blew my diamond D4 10" sub but i was wondering if there was anybody that had any bad things to say about cerwin vega or the stoker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Timmay

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:46 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

How did you blow a Diamond sub? I'm not familiar with the D4 line but I'm guessing it's a TDX. If it's in a ported box make sure you have a subsonic filter, thats the only way I've seen the Diamond stuff fail.

I've seen exactly one vehicle that had stroker subs and it was a Cerwin Vega demo van about 10 years ago. Not sure why but no one seems to use them.

If you are completely brutal to the speakers (TDX speakers are damned near indestructible) then you might look at some of the modular woofers out now that can be rebuilt at home.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:50 AM
AHMO!

Stroker subs are brutal SPL subs...I wouldn't put one in my car for daily driving/listening ever.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Time Served

What amp you running???

I'll never have an avatar......
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Time Served

distortion kills not power. Diamond audio is good stuff, but none of the diamond stuff is spl, it is all sound quality. That is how they built their reps. Now dont get me wrong, shit can hit. But diamond is very very touchy. Meaning you should build a custom box to suit them. If you decide to get another diamond or another woofer. Let me know if you need help with a box design. Stroker also still alive and kicking well. The new Pros are frigging nutty, but the woofer that spanked it was the Bravox. EDX......Brazil record holder.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Trailer Park Royalty

man i thought they went outa business. Where did you find them

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash
man i thought they went outa business. Where did you find them
Tell you a little history on Vega. When they started out, they were factory direct pieces for high end custom shops only. They were in the business to compete. Hang with the big boys. Then some years back they were losing market share and ground, and had the bright idea to use distributors instead of factory direct. And most of these distributors didnt care about the product, just money. Sold they sold to anyone and everyone. So of course the factory direct guys said go to hell and dropped the line. Vegas profits went up at first of course, but then started dying down because the good guys who competed and stood behind the product and supported it didnt want it anymore, becuase the guy down the street on Harry Hines would sell it for $5 over cost. Vega finally took a stand, and pulled all lines from the distributors, and decided to go back to the ol ways. Use factory Reps, who signed up factory direct dealers only. That means all new contracts for dealers. So if you bought the crap down the street from unautorized dealers, you were dead in the water, because no warranties were honored. So if you meet a guy out there that doesnt have a shop, but says he can get ya vega. Its cheaper but no support, and NO WARRANTY. Vega is VERY VERY strict now. They support the dealers who support them. Its still too notch stuff, hard to get, but worth it as usual. The new Stroker Pro. Is an all out comp woofer. Blow the coil up in competition and replace it right on the spot and keep going. Hope any of this info has been helpful. Other factory direct items are Bravox, Gti, Phoenix, Diamond, Solid, Cutting Edge (some bad ass shit), among others.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 06:09 PM
English Master

[QUOTE=dmanguy out there that doesnt have a shop, but says he can get ya vega. Its cheaper but no support, and NO WARRANTY. Vega is VERY VERY strict now. They support the dealers who support them. Its still too notch stuff, hard to get, but worth it as usual. The new Stroker Pro. Is an all out comp woofer. Blow the coil up in competition and replace it right on the spot and keep going. Hope any of this info has been helpful. Other factory direct items are Bravox, Gti, Phoenix, Diamond, Solid, Cutting Edge (some bad ass shit), among others.[/QUOTE]

stroker are expensive. they is two series stroker out now. just a stroker and the stroker pro. both can be had way way cheaper on ebay.. just like DMAN said you can repair the coild you self with a coil kit they sell. i had a 15 old stroker and even with a small amp would that sub push. you can still get the old school stroker for cheap they run now bout $300-$600. stroker are comp sub. two buddies where talking car audio and since i dont have a system any more i started to miss the stroker and started looking again. www. cbrstereo.com list the old school but call and see if they stock them....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Time Served

i heard Vega speakers (in general, dont know much about the stroker other than its fukin loud) go soft... as in they sound loud and great at first but after a while they start to lose thier... Pop if you will?... jus heard it from some people...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement