Finally got it in.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Finally got it in....

I had to do a little modification to the dash, and decided to fabricate a better fitting trim frame than what came with it from Alpine, but now it's in and working beautifully. What do you guys think?

Oh, and thanks EW!

http://i6.tinypic.com/11m9qgx.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/11m9s2g.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

james told me you hooked your shit up - i wanna check it out when i get back!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Scared s**tless

sizzlin'. you're turning all domestic on us, jared!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:45 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

<--amazed.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Lifer

looks real nice....how much it run ya?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mem4mEGTX
looks real nice....how much it run ya?
Not cheap. I bought it all together with a bunch of other stuff, so....
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Abra Cadabra!

http://i6.tinypic.com/11qqm8m.jpg

Had some leftover plastic, so I decided to make a cover for it. I used some rubber foam weather stripping on the outer sides on the back of the cover itself. That slides into the gaps on the sides just enough to hold it in place. My windows are too dark to see in anyway, but it's more for slobber protection when I leave my dogs in the truck while I run into a store or something.

I'm felling pretty crafty right now. lol
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 05:46 PM
duh...duh....duh

That looks really good!

My '03 Sold.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Abra Cadabra!

http://i6.tinypic.com/11qqm8m.jpg

Had some leftover plastic, so I decided to make a cover for it. I used some rubber foam weather stripping on the outer sides on the back of the cover itself. That slides into the gaps on the sides just enough to hold it in place. My windows are too dark to see in anyway, but it's more for slobber protection when I leave my dogs in the truck while I run into a store or something.

I'm felling pretty crafty right now. lol
Looks good Jared. Congrats on the new addition to your system. How are you liking it so far?

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Lifer

Make a fake face plate out of the factory radio's face, it's easy and works.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Looks good Jared. Congrats on the new addition to your system. How are you liking it so far?

I dig it a lot. I'm still waiting for my processor to come in (H701), so for now, without crossovers, I am having to keep the audio low. When that comes in, and I get my center channel up and running, I'm sure I'll have a permagrin.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Make a fake face plate out of the factory radio's face, it's easy and works.
I've heard of doing that, but I don't want to mess with it. Security isn't an issue, with my windows being so dark. But my dogs slobber all over my truck when I take them anywhere.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Rolling with the homies

Jared, whenever you get a chance I'd like to check out your screen setup up close. I like the idea of the cover plate and want to do something similar with mine.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Jared, whenever you get a chance I'd like to check out your screen setup up close. I like the idea of the cover plate and want to do something similar with mine.

Cool man. I'm usually home in the evenings no later than 7:30. Weekends too. You are welcome to swing by any time, or we could meet at Autosound on a Saturday. I'm always up there for something. Heck, if you don't already have plans for the Mavs game(s), you are more than welcome to watch at my place. 65" of HD goodness with a kickass surround sound setup, comfortable seating, and a cold fridge for brews or whatever. If not, I'll try to make the next Southside GTG.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Cool man. I'm usually home in the evenings no later than 7:30. Weekends too. You are welcome to swing by any time, or we could meet at Autosound on a Saturday. I'm always up there for something. Heck, if you don't already have plans for the Mavs game(s), you are more than welcome to watch at my place. 65" of HD goodness with a kickass surround sound setup, comfortable seating, and a cold fridge for brews or whatever. If not, I'll try to make the next Southside GTG.
I'll be at the game Thursday but appreciate the offer. Probably having a Southside GTG later in the month so maybe than. Otherwise we can see about meeting at EW's on a Saturday since I'm to busy with work during the week.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
I'll be at the game Thursday but appreciate the offer. Probably having a Southside GTG later in the month so maybe than. Otherwise we can see about meeting at EW's on a Saturday since I'm to busy with work during the week.

Damn, that's greatness. A dude at my work is selling a pair of seats on the first row right behind the Heat. $4500 each!

I'll see ya around.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:08 AM
How you doin'

looks good! is that a navigation unit?

brad
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
looks good! is that a navigation unit?

brad
Not yet. Actually, I don't think any of the Alpines have it built into the head unit. It can be added with a permanent hardwire piece for a gazillion dollars. Better yet, you can purchase a Blackbird (Alpine's portable navigation device), and a docking station that connects to this unit, and all of the controls and visual from the portable unit will show up on the screen in the dash. That's my plan. I'll probably put the docking station in the glove box or something so you would never even know it's a separate piece, but then I can take it with me to another vehicle, or whatever.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Not yet. Actually, I don't think any of the Alpines have it built into the head unit. It can be added with a permanent hardwire piece for a gazillion dollars. Better yet, you can purchase a Blackbird (Alpine's portable navigation device), and a docking station that connects to this unit, and all of the controls and visual from the portable unit will show up on the screen in the dash. That's my plan. I'll probably put the docking station in the glove box or something so you would never even know it's a separate piece, but then I can take it with me to another vehicle, or whatever.
I'm planning on doing the same thing as well, going with the Blackbird. Probably be a while before I can afford one though

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:27 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
my wife has the eclipse nav, and she loves it...she never has a problem getting anywhere! i've never seen the alpine nav, but if it's anything like the eclipse, you'll love it. the eclipse is the exact same one as the lexus...fujitsu ten.

brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement