what do ya think.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
is chilaxing

what do ya think....

Alpine DVA-9861...don't really care for the screen, wouldn't mind the flip out one, but twice the price. Don't want to mess with cd's. Right now I can put all my mp3's on 2 dvd's. Do any of ya know if this reads DUAL LAYER dvd's. Doesn't specificaly(sp) say it can, but just want to be sure. Either way I kind of like it.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/product...&lang=en&tab=F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
yes, jluv

For me, if I'm gonna have DVD capability, then I might as well have an in-dash screen. But that's just me.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Rolling with the homies

I double checked on Crutchfields website as well and could not find any reference to if it would play dual layer DVD's or not.

I do not have any dual layer DVD's to test on my Alpine IVA-W200 so I do not know for certain it it will play that media or not. I'm sure if mine will play them then the DVA-9861 would do so as well. If you have a DVD burned already you could try it on my player and see if it works. Othewise your best bet would be to find a shop that has the 9861 in stock and try it there.

I can tell you that I've burned a couple of DVD-RW's and it rocks being able to rip your MP'3 to it. Like you said, you can pretty much have your whole collection on 2 or 3 DVD's (or the majority of them anyway).

I'll be free on Sunday and at the Southside GTG at Joe Pool Lake if you'd like to stop by and check it out.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 01:10 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

It should be able to. Alpine tech says they have no complaints of not reading discs. Take a disc into a store and see if it will work.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
is chilaxing

Update........Just made 2 DVD-RW's with all my music, and it all plays............now for the best part......Made 1 Dual Layer, guess what, it PLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE freaking disc. You gotta love that. Searching for the folder is a sinch. No more messing with disc's till I get some more music, but no problem, I can just use my DVD-RW's and add more as I go. I know I didn't get the screen, just didn't want to blow twice the price. Sounds awesome....settings are real user friendly.

Thanks------------------------> EW
He knows his shit. Big props.
Recommend him to anybody.

Next up sub I believe. This story will continue in the future.

Hey Evil J, I'm gonna try to make it to GTG, try to finally meet some more members here. Might have a softball game that afternoon, will see. I'll pm you if I do go to see what I need to bring.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rafa
Update........Just made 2 DVD-RW's with all my music, and it all plays............now for the best part......Made 1 Dual Layer, guess what, it PLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE freaking disc. You gotta love that. Searching for the folder is a sinch. No more messing with disc's till I get some more music, but no problem, I can just use my DVD-RW's and add more as I go. I know I didn't get the screen, just didn't want to blow twice the price. Sounds awesome....settings are real user friendly.

Thanks------------------------> EW
He knows his shit. Big props.
Recommend him to anybody.

Next up sub I believe. This story will continue in the future.

Hey Evil J, I'm gonna try to make it to GTG, try to finally meet some more members here. Might have a softball game that afternoon, will see. I'll pm you if I do go to see what I need to bring.
So did you buy the head unit or go to EW's shop and try it out there? Ya, just holler at about Sunday.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
is chilaxing

Yea, I ended up getting it thru him.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rafa
Yea, I ended up getting it thru him.
Sweet! Eric is a cool guy to deal and the guys up there know there shit. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I've had Eric do both of the stereo's on my Mustang and Truck and I've never had any problem with either and they both sound awesome. Hope you can make it out to the lake Sunday.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement