stickin subs? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

stickin subs?

My friend has a 98 tarus and when he starts his car his subs come on and stay on untill you open the trunk. Once you do that they unstick and work fine. I think its cuz he has a stock head unit and the way they wired it at car toys is way diffrent then what i know most people do, the remote wire to the amp is wired in up under the sterring wheel instead of in the back of the radio. Anybody know why they stick and what can be done to fix em. thanks for your suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

my guess is maybe some type of ground problem. i dunno thats weird tell them to fix it. as for the remote, the factory deck might not have a remote out so they had to run it to the ignition.

1995 5.0
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 04:14 PM
El Camino

should work. I've got an amp hooked into the stock setup on my 99 taurus. I spliced into the rear speaker wires into an rca converter and I got my amp turn on lead from an ignition hot 12v under the dash. I think I just grounded to the sheetmetal there behind the seat/rear deck. And no the factory head unit did not have a remote out or a normal antenna hook up either.

No issues so far with mine and I'm running a freebie Coustic 200w mono sub amp to a single MTX 12.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

he is runnin 1000w amp to two 12 kicker's. His is spliced into the rear speaker to an rca hook up as well. Car toys said they have never heard of anything like it but because he changed his box to a ported one they wont fix it with out charging him for it
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 09:59 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Somehow straight DC voltage is getting to the subs. My guess is the amp is a piece of crap. Or I guess it's possible one of the singal leads is shorted to ground but I'd think that would smoke the head unit. Either way get that shit fixed or carry around a couple of spare fire extinguishers.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

thanks for all your help and suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement