Need some suggestions on sub install in a Mercedes? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Need some suggestions on sub install in a Mercedes?

Iv got a 2001 C320 and the stock sub sucks. Iv got an amp and sub in box(bandpass). I had it in my Firebird and really like the way it sounded. My Mercedes comes stock with a small sub in the package tray. Im planning on removing the stock sub and wiring my amp from the feed the sub gets(using a hi/lo conv). I saw another benz that had a clear acrylic tube fited into the hole the old sub was so there was a port going from the trunk to the cabin. Would it be any better to have a tube for a port into the cab or was the pic I saw just to add some bling in the trunk?
Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Well Im planning on using a high quality convertor(cant remember the name right now). Iv done alot of research on it and it seems to be the best method other than replacing the HU.Im planning on replacing the HU with the stock Navigation unit so Ill still need a convertor. I found another setup that Im planning on doing eventually. Iv just got to get the money for a good sub and amp now.Heres the thread of what I want to do
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...subwoofer+pics

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

You can see the hole from the orginal sub. I was wondering if I ran a tube from the screen down to the trunk it would sound better or the pic I saw was just for some bling in the trunk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I think what Im gona end up doing is hook up the box in the trunk and see how it sounds. Im eventually gonna get another amop and sub like that picture. Im thinking about after I get the sub and amp that Im going to seal it off so you cant see it from the trunk. I know the amp needs to breath so Ill have to figure in a fan or vents or something. Im not concerned with keeping the stock stuff for resale value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement