Mach 460 to aftermarket headunit?'s - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Goblin King of Fort Worth
 
Fordblue625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,235
Mach 460 to aftermarket headunit?'s

Who sells adapter harnesses or how do you guy wire in aftermarket CD players to the existing mach 460 amps and stuff? Anyone have a website or suggestions?
Fordblue625 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 04:21 PM
HPP = GHEY
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Listening to 01svtboy BITCH about his trailer!!!
Posts: 2,894
I Think It Was Crutchfield....

Nick's Custom Detailing 214-205-1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybo View Post
Don't care if you do. This is not going to be another talk about Kenny's Cobalt thread. I know what my other car runs and I am proud of it. It might be hard for you to swallow that pill, but there are lots of 4 bangers that run 13s and better. SRT-4 Neons, Cobalt SS's, Saturn Sky Redline's and Evo's do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder
HPP FUCKED ME OVER!!!
Turbo5.4 is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing
 
EW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 9,226
Search in the Car Audio forum.
EW is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Goblin King of Fort Worth
 
Fordblue625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
Search in the Car Audio forum.
I tried, but all I got out of it was that i'd need a peripheral adapter. Can these be purchased through ford or where should I snag one? Thanks in advance.
Fordblue625 is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordblue625
I tried, but all I got out of it was that i'd need a peripheral adapter. Can these be purchased through ford or where should I snag one? Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure I grabbed what I needed at Best Buy when I put my aftermarket in. I want to say it was a lot like my toyota truck where I had to unplug something and then plug those into the harness or it may have even taken 2 harnesses. Try Best Buy's install shop. Just pull around the back of the store.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Goblin King of Fort Worth
 
Fordblue625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
I'm pretty sure I grabbed what I needed at Best Buy when I put my aftermarket in. I want to say it was a lot like my toyota truck where I had to unplug something and then plug those into the harness or it may have even taken 2 harnesses. Try Best Buy's install shop. Just pull around the back of the store.
Best buy's install shop told me that their harnesses were only lasting about 5 months, and that they'd replaced alot of headunits they had to warranty because it was fucking them up too.
Fordblue625 is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordblue625
Best buy's install shop told me that their harnesses were only lasting about 5 months, and that they'd replaced alot of headunits they had to warranty because it was fucking them up too.
Hmmm, I've had mine in for over 3 years. Could be they switched brands. Give me a few minutes. I usually save the packaging and crap from electronics stuff. I have a box that all my car audio stuff is in. I'll see if I can find it. If so, I can give you a brand/model #.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Hmmm, I've had mine in for over 3 years. Could be they switched brands. Give me a few minutes. I usually save the packaging and crap from electronics stuff. I have a box that all my car audio stuff is in. I'll see if I can find it. If so, I can give you a brand/model #.
Okay, 625, here you go. I used a Metra Model # 70-5511 for Ford premium sound system 1990-up amplifier integrator system. Still have the bag and the instructions It looks like I remembered correctly about the disconnects from the amp. Googled it and found this. http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/70-5511.html Good luck.

-B

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Bottle Fed
 
boss302's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ft. worth
Posts: 1,865
john- i bought mine frome best buy aswell and it worked fine. 5yrs later.... hows that cobra? interested in trading it off? pm me bro. Lee

1969 Camaro -Sunset Orange Metallic
LS6 powered/TCI 700r4

Last edited by boss302; 11-01-2005 at 07:54 PM.
boss302 is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 07:39 PM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!
 
greenbullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Posts: 9,734
i bought my metra from circuit city
greenbullitt is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Goblin King of Fort Worth
 
Fordblue625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
Okay, 625, here you go. I used a Metra Model # 70-5511 for Ford premium sound system 1990-up amplifier integrator system. Still have the bag and the instructions It looks like I remembered correctly about the disconnects from the amp. Googled it and found this. http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/70-5511.html Good luck.

-B
Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate you going through all that trouble for me. PM sent Lee.
Fordblue625 is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordblue625
Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate you going through all that trouble for me. PM sent Lee.
No problem. Hope you find the part you need.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown4.6
I Think It Was Crutchfield....

Ooder it from here. I ordered mine through them and it comes with very detailed installation diagram and they even sent me the tools for taking out the factory radio. If you have the radio on top and the CD player on bottom, go to the Ford parts department and order the pocket from the 97 and older stangs that will fill up the space where the factory CD player was.
mstg46 is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Goblin King of Fort Worth
 
Fordblue625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstg46
Ooder it from here. I ordered mine through them and it comes with very detailed installation diagram and they even sent me the tools for taking out the factory radio. If you have the radio on top and the CD player on bottom, go to the Ford parts department and order the pocket from the 97 and older stangs that will fill up the space where the factory CD player was.
I already have the stock radio out, and the bottom has guages, so its filled. I have used best buy's in the past, but when their tech told me the problems they were having I figured I'd see what else was out there. Thanks again guys.
Fordblue625 is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Hunt James for President
 
openroadracer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Land of Gar
Posts: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordblue625
Who sells adapter harnesses or how do you guy wire in aftermarket CD players to the existing mach 460 amps and stuff? Anyone have a website or suggestions?

hey man, i am looking for a mach 460 head unit. what are you doing with your old unit?

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
openroadracer3 is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Goblin King of Fort Worth
 
Fordblue625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3
hey man, i am looking for a mach 460 head unit. what are you doing with your old unit?
There's not one in the car, the previous owner took it out and smashed the shit out of it for eating his cd's.
Fordblue625 is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Hunt James for President
 
openroadracer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Land of Gar
Posts: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordblue625
There's not one in the car, the previous owner took it out and smashed the shit out of it for eating his cd's.

chit.

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
openroadracer3 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3
hey man, i am looking for a mach 460 head unit. what are you doing with your old unit?

I might still have mine. I will check tonight and let you know tomorrow. I don't know if it will work in another car though. I heard this was a security feature, but I might be wrong.
mstg46 is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordblue625
I already have the stock radio out, and the bottom has guages, so its filled. I have used best buy's in the past, but when their tech told me the problems they were having I figured I'd see what else was out there. Thanks again guys.

I have had mine in the car now for 4 years, and I have had no problems.
mstg46 is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Hunt James for President
 
openroadracer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Land of Gar
Posts: 4,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstg46
I might still have mine. I will check tonight and let you know tomorrow. I don't know if it will work in another car though. I heard this was a security feature, but I might be wrong.

cool, shoot me a PM if you do and we'll set it up.

thanks!

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881
http://obamaclock.org
openroadracer3 is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!
 
Juiceweezl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 2V-ville
Posts: 3,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by openroadracer3
cool, shoot me a PM if you do and we'll set it up.

thanks!
Got one in McKinney if you want it. It's the radio on top and the cd player underneath. All yours for a case of beer. PM me if you want it.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
Juiceweezl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome