Few Questions About Stereo Install - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Few Questions About Stereo Install

I have 2 10" JL woofers and an amp to power them that I had in my last truck that I'd like to put in the new car, but have a few questions. I have never used the factory deck to wire up an amp. Is there already RCA jacks in the back of the Mach460 H/U? If not, I need a line converter? Also, where do I tap in for the remote turn on lead for the amp. I also don't know how to even get the deck out. I am used to the Ford decks that use two U-shaped removal tools. This is a siz-disc Mach 460 in an 01 GT. Any help is appreciated
Brian

Silver 98 GT
-FRPP 3.73's
-Bassanai catted X, 18" Magnaflows
-still slow

*This space for rent*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

You can get the audio signal in the trunk. We normally use a low voltage trigger to raise the factory turn on voltage from 5 to 12V also available in the trunk. You will need a speaker level converter because the deck does not have RCA's.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

OK, Thanks.
Do these line level converters actually plug into and pigtail off the plug in the trunk area or is it something that needs to be cut and spliced in? Do I need a converter specifically for this application, or are they generic?

Silver 98 GT
-FRPP 3.73's
-Bassanai catted X, 18" Magnaflows
-still slow

*This space for rent*

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:35 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Nothing plugs in. There are varying degrees of line output converters. The best sounding ones are around $100. The least expensive ones I use are $18. Do you want good sound or cheap price?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I would just get a new radio where to you have better sound quality and then all you need is the 10dollar harness that comes from the factory harness and there for you have the rca jacks on the radie the remote amp controle its all there like the other guy was saying you can do it that way but you can get better sound qaulity investing in a new radio I have a 99 and did basically the same thing had a powerstroke 99 and took the subs out of there and ran it all threw the stock radio I found a place in house where its all whole sale I have 2 T2 rockford 12s and 2 1200 watt rms rockford amps all the crossovers alpine fold out screen the best thing was the head unit its just better quality sound but thats my opinion good luck!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:31 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

You need an interface to change the deck properly $45. It can accept RCA or speaker level input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement